Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

Brexit panic: Brussels admits bloc facing economic devastation - EU publishes dire report

EUROCRATS have based future economic forecasts on a no-deal Brexit as the European Union prepares for a second devastating recession.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1356419/Brexit-news-EU-latest-Autumn-Economic-Forecast-no-deal-Brexit-EU-Commission-update

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Brexit panic: Brussels admits bloc facing economic devastation - EU publishes dire report

EUROCRATS have based future economic forecasts on a no-deal Brexit as the European Union prepares for a second devastating recession.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1356419/Brexit-news-EU-latest-Autumn-Economic-Forecast-no-deal-Brexit-EU-Commission-update

When will you learn to read the article, not just the headline?

Had you done so you would know that the report the article is about mainly concerns the economic effects of the pandemic's second wave; not Brexit!

You would also have seen this:-

The report said: “Given the uncertainty about the future trading relationship between the UK and EU, it is also assumed, without any prejudice to the outcome of the ongoing negotiations, that the EU and UK will trade on WTO Most Favoured Nation rules from January 1, 2021 onward. 

“This implies a much less beneficial trade relationship with economic costs for the UK, and to a lesser extent, the EU.”

(7by7 emphasis)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Same express different tone ..????  funny tabloid ....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1356495/michel-barnier-news-brexit-boris-johnson-david-frost-no-deal-spt

Barnier handed huge boost as Frost’s trump card 'becomes meaningless' in Brexit talks

MICHEL BARNIER is being handed a huge boost in Brexit trade talks, as David Frost's threat to end the transition period without a deal is expected to become meaningless once Joe Biden becomes US President, Ukip founder Alan Sked has suggested.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

How so.

You said yourself that prior to the CFP fish stocks were being decimated; now, in the North Atlantic area at least, they are increasing.

I don't expect you to believe me; but will you believe some British fishermen?

Euro Fish Stocks increased 36% In Last Decade.

Overfishing In EU Waters At All-Time Low

The CFP isn't perfect; but it's better than nothing. With what would you replace it?

No - I said "by the time the CFP was modified with preservation as a consideration, fish stocks were already decimated". 

You are misquoting me yet again - the only way you are able to try to argue, I suppose?

Try and get one right, just once.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You are misquoting me yet again - the only way you are able to try to argue, I suppose?

Try and get one right, just once

No - I said "by the time the CFP was modified with preservation as a consideration, fish stocks were already decimated"

A incorrect statement which I  corrected.

On 11/4/2020 at 1:40 PM, 7by7 said:

Why don't you Brexiteers check facts?

The CFP was formed primarily for two reasons: to ensure sustainable fisheries and guarantee incomes and stable jobs for fishermen (source).

No, quoting you after I'd corrected your mistake in what you have now ensured was a vain attempt to save you further embarrassment. 

26 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Try and get one right, just once.

You should try and take your own advice more often.

Still such nit picking by you has allowed you to ignore the fact that the CFP has gone some way in achieving it's purpose because fish stocks are increasing.

You've also used it to try and dodge the question I asked you; with what would you replace the CFP?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

A incorrect statement which I  corrected.

No, quoting you after I'd corrected your mistake in what you have now ensured was a vain attempt to save you further embarrassment. 

You should try and take your own advice more often.

Still such nit picking by you has allowed you to ignore the fact that the CFP has gone some way in achieving it's purpose because fish stocks are increasing.

You've also used it to try and dodge the question I asked you; with what would you replace the CFP?

I suppose all that gibberish is to try and demonstrate some kind of debating prowess? Big F for fail there.

And I have not tried to "dodge the question" - I have intentionally ignored it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Don't forget it is only due to the EU and their precious rules that the border is an issue, when neither Eire or the UK really wants any kind of hard border. It's strange how various foreign parts still want to threaten the sovereignty of the UK more than four years on from the referendum. If the EU was such a champion of peace then allowances and better arrangements could be made. If Biden does win he'll have probably forgotten what he said by the time he's in the White House anyway. 

So you'd be happy for the UK to have an open border with the EU?

An open border without controls or checks so anyone from anywhere can come and go as they please, importing whatever goods they please with no controls or checks?

Sounds very much like what we threw away in 2016!

The Irish border is an issue because of the GFA and no one wants to see the peace that has brought threatened. That is why there is a need to negotiate some agreement to keep that. 

Negotiations are always give and take. But the attitude in your post is typical of so many Brexiteers; you want the EU to do all the giving and the UK all the taking!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I suppose all that gibberish is to try and demonstrate some kind of debating prowess? Big F for fail there.

And I have not tried to "dodge the question" - I have intentionally ignored it.

It is not my fault that you are stumped by words of more than one syllable.

Yes, you've ignored the question; because, as usual, you have no answer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

So you'd be happy for the UK to have an open border with the EU?

An open border without controls or checks so anyone from anywhere can come and go as they please, importing whatever goods they please with no controls or checks?

Sounds very much like what we threw away in 2016!

The Irish border is an issue because of the GFA and no one wants to see the peace that has brought threatened. That is why there is a need to negotiate some agreement to keep that. 

Negotiations are always give and take. But the attitude in your post is typical of so many Brexiteers; you want the EU to do all the giving and the UK all the taking!

Yes. Very much like it has been and still is. The issue is due to the EU, not the GFA.

• Like 1

Just now, nauseus said:

Yes. Very much like it has been and still is. The issue is due to the EU, not the GFA.

Let me get this right; you're saying that you want the UK and EU to have a completely open border with no checks or controls on people and goods.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

I've ignored the question because I don't want you to assume that I will answer every one of your dozy queeries....plus I knew you'd get the hump! ????

How sad; you complain about the CFP without having any idea with what you'd replace it.

Typical.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Never said that they didn't. Politicians tell lies; even the blessed St. Nigel!

But the list of leave lies is a lot longer than that of remain ones.

Well then, perhaps your remainer crowd could stop using the "lies" ploy on a regular basis, as you have told use, the "lie" thing works both ways. At least we can get rid of one tiresome thingy.....????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Indeed. Your failure to answer even simple questions has become so.

Evasion is a recognised tactic when posting but the problem is if you use it to often then you simply make yourself look furtive and without substance.

Says the anti-British British bloke......????

• Haha 2