Discouraging?

in2it1

Apparently age is very important to you BAF. Quantity of years, over Quality of person? But... allow... me... to... remind... you... that... this... thread... is... about... a... 40... year... old... Thai... woman... who... is... far... closer... to... achieving... success... with.... a... Western... man.... than... a... 40... year.... old.... Western... woman... is.... I hope this was slow enough for you?!

It's not about me, in2it1, I already have a happy and healthy sentimental and sexual life :o

It's not me the one "looking forward to any advice or opinions" (as per your opening post).

The notion I've been trying to put into your head is that age and the other things I've mentioned (plus many others) are very important for the culture and the society she is from and she is living in.

Didn't you want to learn about Thai culture which is "admittedly new" to you? You have in a successive post said that you "dated a Chinese woman in Beijing for over a year and dated several Koreans in the past" and your initial claim was that you are " far from nieve, ignorant, or inexperienced in the ways of the world". Sadly, the fact that you have lived in Asia (you say) coupled with what you have written in your last posts have confirmed to me that you are just another one of those blind daydreamers who have crowded the thread and for which I have no time nor respect since they are one of the main reasons for which we Westerners are taken for fools here and aren't given the respect and the level of "service" Thai men use to get...

My parting words are, again, good luck.

Although now I don't think you deserve it.

P.S. And BTW, I've never said that ALL of them are out to get you nor that she SURELY is, I was simply trying to help you by pointing out, naively believing you really were "looking forward to any advice or opinions", the most likely scenario...

Thank you for sharing that. I am familar with the importance of age in Asian socities as a whole. Albiet, it appears to be more pronounced in Thailand and limiting upon an older woman. The importance to the culture of which you refer to is, historically, from a male perspective in a male dominated society. Thus, the vertical social structure over time requires a woman to remain a youthful fair maiden for the male. Included in the historical picture is once the fair maiden is chosen and taken care of by the man, she is designated to "serve" the man as gratitude for being taken care of. This attitude is a decendent of the need of the male to be away for long periods of time to fight in wars. The female remains home, is expected to take care of the home, including finances, and when the man returns he is expected to continue to support the family. (This is ofcourse the simplist example, due the time and space constraints) This attitude matured over time to what it is today. Reference the Ching dynasty in China as a prime example.

That is what I find so appauling about your comment that We 'arent Given the same Level of Service that Thai men use to get...' This is quite revealing in many ways, but most notably the thought process behind the 'Farang'. Why should any woman Service you at all?? Why should any Thai woman, or for that fact any woman, be expected to provide you or any man a 'level of service'?? The cultural differences of which you refer fail to anwer this in todays world. Maybe it is because more Men fail to properly care for their woman that they have the Need to find alternative ways to survive. What is clearly apparent are that the Real Men who have posted on here and are happily married have a 'Level' of respect for their Woman. There is Undoubtly, a mutual respect between the man and woman. Consequently, the woman will provide more to the man who obviously respects her, then to a man who Expects a level of service. Therein lies the distintion between those who fail to 'get a level of service' and are consider fools, and those who find peace with their significant other. So can anyone falt an older Thai women for searching outside her society for a Man who will want her? Why should she wallow and waste away in a society where she is likely to remain alone and shut out by her own so called men and the farang who live there. Reference the number of older women in the society who were never married and are still alone and live with the likelyhood of remaining that way. Is it wrong then that they would want to have someone who can support them? Herein lies the farangs observation that they are money hungry.

Are there women who are dishonest and look to clean out some farang? Yes, but now the reason(s) are more apparent, as are the reasons for the negative material propagated by those who were taken financially. Could it possibly be that those women knew they were/are not respected and felt that they would never recieve a level of respect worthy of their confidence?? That the social training they recieved was really an ungrateful farang whose intention was to use them for their own purpose before disgarding them because they lived in a certain culture?

I have heard and read more about Thai culture and how wonderful it is to explore and enjoy. I will explore that culture and respect those in it and will probably recieve the same courtesy in return. And that includes the woman who I have known for the last 3 years. I certainly do not expect her to provide me any level of service just because I am a Man, but I will expect that we respect each other. And if it fails, I will atleast understand why.

I do wish you luck and appreciate your opinion, and hope to see more from you in the future.

Whew that is a lot of pillow talk, you will for sure wow her with your philosophies & vast cultural insights.

As for me, I can't talk with my mouth full. So I guess I'm not as impressive.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always advise Thai women to get what they can while they can from a Farang, cos there is a very good chance that the farang will cheat on her and eventually leave her for a younger model.

Get the house and land first, then let the old fool do what he wants............................

:o

Apparently age is very important to you BAF. Quantity of years, over Quality of person? But... allow... me... to... remind... you... that... this... thread... is... about... a... 40... year... old... Thai... woman... who... is... far... closer... to... achieving... success... with.... a... Western... man.... than... a... 40... year.... old.... Western... woman... is.... I hope this was slow enough for you?!

It's not about me, in2it1, I already have a happy and healthy sentimental and sexual life :D

It's not me the one "looking forward to any advice or opinions" (as per your opening post).

The notion I've been trying to put into your head is that age and the other things I've mentioned (plus many others) are very important for the culture and the society she is from and she is living in.

Didn't you want to learn about Thai culture which is "admittedly new" to you? You have in a successive post said that you "dated a Chinese woman in Beijing for over a year and dated several Koreans in the past" and your initial claim was that you are " far from nieve, ignorant, or inexperienced in the ways of the world". Sadly, the fact that you have lived in Asia (you say) coupled with what you have written in your last posts have confirmed to me that you are just another one of those blind daydreamers who have crowded the thread and for which I have no time nor respect since they are one of the main reasons for which we Westerners are taken for fools here and aren't given the respect and the level of "service" Thai men use to get...

P.S. And BTW, I've never said that ALL of them are out to get you nor that she SURELY is, I was simply trying to help you by pointing out, naively believing you really were "looking forward to any advice or opinions", the most likely scenario...

Thank you for sharing that. I am familar with the importance of age in Asian socities as a whole. Albiet, it appears to be more pronounced in Thailand and limiting upon an older woman. The importance to the culture of which you refer to is, historically, from a male perspective in a male dominated society. Thus, the vertical social structure over time requires a woman to remain a youthful fair maiden for the male. Included in the historical picture is once the fair maiden is chosen and taken care of by the man, she is designated to "serve" the man as gratitude for being taken care of. This attitude is a decendent of the need of the male to be away for long periods of time to fight in wars. The female remains home, is expected to take care of the home, including finances, and when the man returns he is expected to continue to support the family. (This is ofcourse the simplist example, due the time and space constraints) This attitude matured over time to what it is today. Reference the Ching dynasty in China as a prime example.

That is what I find so appauling about your comment that We 'arent Given the same Level of Service that Thai men use to get...' This is quite revealing in many ways, but most notably the thought process behind the 'Farang'. Why should any woman Service you at all?? Why should any Thai woman, or for that fact any woman, be expected to provide you or any man a 'level of service'?? The cultural differences of which you refer fail to anwer this in todays world. Maybe it is because more Men fail to properly care for their woman that they have the Need to find alternative ways to survive. What is clearly apparent are that the Real Men who have posted on here and are happily married have a 'Level' of respect for their Woman. There is Undoubtly, a mutual respect between the man and woman. Consequently, the woman will provide more to the man who obviously respects her, then to a man who Expects a level of service. Therein lies the distintion between those who fail to 'get a level of service' and are consider fools, and those who find peace with their significant other. So can anyone falt an older Thai women for searching outside her society for a Man who will want her? Why should she wallow and waste away in a society where she is likely to remain alone and shut out by her own so called men and the farang who live there. Reference the number of older women in the society who were never married and are still alone and live with the likelyhood of remaining that way. Is it wrong then that they would want to have someone who can support them? Herein lies the farangs observation that they are money hungry.

Are there women who are dishonest and look to clean out some farang? Yes, but now the reason(s) are more apparent, as are the reasons for the negative material propagated by those who were taken financially. Could it possibly be that those women knew they were/are not respected and felt that they would never recieve a level of respect worthy of their confidence?? That the social training they recieved was really an ungrateful farang whose intention was to use them for their own purpose before disgarding them because they lived in a certain culture?

I have heard and read more about Thai culture and how wonderful it is to explore and enjoy. I will explore that culture and respect those in it and will probably recieve the same courtesy in return. And that includes the woman who I have known for the last 3 years. I certainly do not expect her to provide me any level of service just because I am a Man, but I will expect that we respect each other. And if it fails, I will atleast understand why.

I do wish you luck and appreciate your opinion, and hope to see more from you in the future.

Whew that is a lot of pillow talk, you will for sure wow her with your philosophies & vast cultural insights.

Do you think it might work?? :o The pillow talk that is?

I always advise Thai women to get what they can while they can from a Farang, cos there is a very good chance that the farang will cheat on her and eventually leave her for a younger model.

Get the house and land first, then let the old fool do what he wants............................

I think that is inate, and cross cultural.

It's not about me, in2it1, I already have a happy and healthy sentimental and sexual life :D

Do you think it might work?? :o The pillow talk that is?

I don't think there is an easy answer. I wise man once said, take a 3 week vacation with any perspective spouse, to find out if think will go well between the two.

He also is not married, and simply refuses to get married again.... Like I said he is pretty wise.

Quote from endure: I shouldn't worry about it too much. There are 60 million people in Thailand. The fact that some of them are dishonest doesn't mean that they all are - a concept that is foreign to many of the posters on TV.

Amen to that. I've lost count of the times I've been in LOS and I don't have problems with the people. The dishonesty level is about on a par with Germany or England and it doesn't need a genius to see through the users there as they're mostly not as professional as the ones over here. It's a natural fact that most people with a good relationship don't have to post here to reassure themselves that they've done the right thing. I made this point on another forum that if you only do the bars when you're there or rely on a forum, about 90% of the stories you hear will be totally negative and condemning of Thai/farang pair bonds.

Quote from endure: I shouldn't worry about it too much. There are 60 million people in Thailand. The fact that some of them are dishonest doesn't mean that they all are - a concept that is foreign to many of the posters on TV.

Amen to that. I've lost count of the times I've been in LOS and I don't have problems with the people. The dishonesty level is about on a par with Germany or England and it doesn't need a genius to see through the users there as they're mostly not as professional as the ones over here. It's a natural fact that most people with a good relationship don't have to post here to reassure themselves that they've done the right thing. I made this point on another forum that if you only do the bars when you're there or rely on a forum, about 90% of the stories you hear will be totally negative and condemning of Thai/farang pair bonds.

Point well taken!

Do you bother to tell them that chances of being screwed over are MUCH higher with a Thai man? :o

I personally have not engaged in relationships here as I am still learning the language and until I can get into the personality a relationship based solely on looks and lust is of little value to me. I am happy to report that this leaves me with plenty of time ot make friends and I have found generous caring and fun loving Thais in abundence. sure there are the odd few Ki Maos but thats the same everywhere. On the whole I feel this will be home for a good long time even if I venture away. This is based on my feelings about the cuture and people. I always tell women who take me out (usually as a thank you for teaching them) that I am not looking to get married and not planning to go back to England. I think this sifts the fortune hunters out. Happily many are still keen to go out and share time , we don't share beds though.

I'm not sure how normal this is but it works for me. I'd rather be playing with my motorbike. I'm wary of women who speak good english as I "wonder" who they learned it from. I'm wary of women who are interested in "Kon Dang Chart" as I have heard too many horror stories of guys getting taken to the cleaners. I like to look at thai women from afar and appreciate their beauty but from a safe distance. THen I have no worries andenjoy all encounters.

Not the norm, I guess but I have no Bort whoars!

Do you bother to tell them that chances of being screwed over are MUCH higher with a Thai man? :o

Not many Thai guys will buy a house and land in her name in the first place, many Farangs tend to do this as a hobby. :D

I personally have not engaged in relationships here as I am still learning the language and until I can get into the personality a relationship based solely on looks and lust is of little value to me. I am happy to report that this leaves me with plenty of time ot make friends and I have found generous caring and fun loving Thais in abundence. sure there are the odd few Ki Maos but thats the same everywhere. On the whole I feel this will be home for a good long time even if I venture away. This is based on my feelings about the cuture and people. I always tell women who take me out (usually as a thank you for teaching them) that I am not looking to get married and not planning to go back to England. I think this sifts the fortune hunters out. Happily many are still keen to go out and share time , we don't share beds though.

I'm not sure how normal this is but it works for me. I'd rather be playing with my motorbike. I'm wary of women who speak good english as I "wonder" who they learned it from. I'm wary of women who are interested in "Kon Dang Chart" as I have heard too many horror stories of guys getting taken to the cleaners. I like to look at thai women from afar and appreciate their beauty but from a safe distance. THen I have no worries andenjoy all encounters.

What is KON DANG CHART?? You're right good idea to stick with your motorbike. A lot cheaper in the long run. Maybe give you a more exciting ride than many of the ladies.

What was that joke about 2 engineers walking together and one engineer was relating about how he got his Harley Davidson bike?

Engineer was walking home, when a beautiful woman rode up to him, got off her bike and tear off her clothes and told the engineer: "Take whatever you want!"

2nd engineer mused for a while and praised the 1st engineer: "Good choice! Her clothes likely wont fit you anyway".

school or university is normaly a good bet.

I like it...quite clever of you...IMHO

good segway loz.

we all know the wealthy farang and poor thai girl scenario......done to death.

has any of the following ever happened in bkk or los?

1.poor thaigirl fall in love with poor farang(english teacher) and live happily ever after.

2. thaigirl of means (has money) fall in love with poor farang(english teacher......lol) and live happily evr after.

does any one know if the above exists and only say yes if you have an example to share.

good segway loz.

1.poor thaigirl fall in love with poor farang(english teacher) and live happily ever after.

2. thaigirl of means (has money) fall in love with poor farang(english teacher......lol) and live happily evr after.

does any one know if the above exists and only say yes if you have an example to share.

Very good questions. I would like to know myself about this. Unfortunately, there will likely be some "Fairy Tale" spinners who may respond. Who knows what is true and not true on the internet.

good segway loz.

Yo Blizzard, No. 1 happened to me. My wife wasn't Thai but a Cambodian refugee in LOS and she was poor. It didn't end happily ever after though because she died young. Sorry I have no nice fairy tale to offer a2396.

Edited by qwertz

In answer to the question on page 11 of this thread, "Kon dang chart" is a more polite phrase than farang which I personally don't care for.

I spoke to a successful young attractive estate agent in BKK and she, when asked the question with no bias answered the following was very unlikely:

1. attractive thai woman of means and education falls in love with westerner.

2. attractive educated thai woman falls in love with westerner of limited means.

3. attractive educated thai woman falls in love with westerner with no plans to return to home country.

I am now thinking about how many times women in conversation have asked me when I plan to go home. Is this sometimes a "how long have I got to convince you to take me with you?" question. I think it might have been on occasion but, I hasten to add, not from a well educated Thai lady. by well educated I mean having attended and graduated well from a respected university. And yes I know that such things can be "arranged" if you have enough portraits of the right colour...

Not many Thai guys will buy a house and land in her name in the first place, many Farangs tend to do this as a hobby. :D

Well, since you wrote:

it's still unclear whether you are advising those Thai women to be wary of "old farang fools" or to prefer them over Thai men.

All that Thai women have usually to show for their past relationships with Thai men is abandoned children while past relationships with "old farang fools" usually leave them with various combinations of houses, lands, businesses, bank accounts, gold etc

I agree with you that they are, indeed, "fools": they should do as Thai men do...

Or... isn't this what you are trying to say?

The other thing that I don't get is how their age ("old farang fools") is of any relevance since that is a trait that hardly distinguishes them from richer older Thai men sponsoring students of their daughters' age or keeping mia nois half their age.

Oh... maybe I see now... they old Thai sages do not marry much younger women like old farang fools do, they just play with them!

Maigo6, I've been reading some of your (and a couple of others') posts and I have rarely seen such a concentration of "utter rubbish" in quite a while on these boards :D

I would love to see where, HOW and with whom you lot live your wonderful life in LOS. It would give, I'm sure, a lot of credibility to your opinions... :D

Edited by BAF

1. attractive thai woman of means and education falls in love with westerner.

Utter rubbish, you should get out a little more and stop hanging around Soi Cowboy.

usually you seem quiter perceptive so I am just going to point out that this was a quote from an educated attractive thai woman of means. Not my oppinion. I don' t know soi cowboy as I don't live in bangkok, was just visiting a friend and shopping.

would you like to try again?

Well, since you wrote:

it's still unclear whether you are advising those Thai women to be wary of "old farang fools" or to prefer them over Thai men.

All that Thai women have usually to show for their past relationships with Thai men is abandoned children while past relationships with "old farang fools" usually leave them with various combinations of houses, lands, businesses, bank accounts, gold etc

I agree with you that they are, indeed, "fools": they should do as Thai men do...

Or... isn't this what you are trying to say?

The other thing that I don't get is how their age ("old farang fools") is of any relevance since that is a trait that hardly distinguishes them from richer older Thai men sponsoring students of their daughters' age or keeping mia nois half their age.

Oh... maybe I see now... they old Thai sages do not marry much younger women like old farang fools do, they just play with them!

Maigo6, I've been reading some of your (and a couple of others') posts and I have rarely seen such a concentration of "utter rubbish" in quite a while on these boards :D

I would love to see where, HOW and with whom you lot live your wonderful life in LOS. It would give, I'm sure, a lot of credibility to your opinions... :D

Sounds like a vicious cycle. Appears to be certain expectations that a women expects will occur in the future that does not leave must room for trust on either side, wealthy Thai or a farang vs the women.

Sounds like a vicious cycle. Appears to be certain expectations that a women expects will occur in the future that does not leave must room for trust on either side, wealthy Thai or a farang vs the women.

What you call a vicious cycle is simply the way things are in Thailand (and in other places you should know well...).

Thais get scammed much less in their country simply because they trust their fellow Thais MUCH LESS than "farang fools" do...

You find it sad and tiresome to have to be always on your guard and wary of others? Well, that's how usually Thais live all their lives, welcome to the LOS :o

Edited by BAF

So Thai girls are only ater money? Love has nothing to do with it?

Define poor Thai girl - 3000 baht a month?

Define poor English teacher - 25,000?

Define Thai girl of means - how much?

What is ever after? I can give you a few examples of relationships I know - does 10 years count?

One good friend of mine earns 100,000 a month as an English teacher. His wife of 12 years is loaded. She has a double-barreled(Na) surname and niece of a former head of the army.

I feel sorry for your perceptions of Thai women. With this attitude, I doubt if you'll ever be happy, thinking they are all after your money.

I feel sorry for your perceptions of Thai women. With this attitude, I doubt if you'll ever be happy, thinking they are all after your money.

Will you lot ever get it? It's not ALL, it's MOST.

As in "generally", "usually", "normally", "on average"...

P.S. It still seems your loaded NA-surnamed Thai lady friend hasn't chosen a 20000 bath/month English teacher after all...

Edited by BAF

Will you lot ever get it? It's not ALL, it's MOST.

As in "generally", "usually", "normally", "on average"...

P.S. It still seems your loaded NA-surnamed Thai lady friend hasn't chosen a 20000 bath/month English teacher after all...

When you say 'Most', are you referring to inner city areas or locations that this life style is 'usual'. Or are you saying that this is all over there, life in 'general' throughout LOS. Shouldnt one (farang or other) just simply just pay attention to the warning signs?

When you say 'Most', are you referring to inner city areas or locations that this life style is 'usual'. Or are you saying that this is all over there, life in 'general' throughout LOS. Shouldnt one (farang or other) just simply just pay attention to the warning signs?

It all comes from the culture so wherever and whenever you come across people who have had some form of contact with (and have been, of course, receptive to) Western culture and Western values you are most likely to find better prospects and more trustworthy people.

In other words, you have a better chance of meeting someone who looks at relationships from the same angle we do.

Of course, it's STILL possible to meet nice and trustworthy Thai people from all paths of life, places, social classes and income brackets. It's just unlikely :o

Edited by BAF

baf gets it.

when anyone trie to make a point , we all know, or at least i assumed most of y6ou know, that there are ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS.

how one is expected to address everyones individual situation is be yond me.

you drink an ounce of cyanide , most will end up dead. one lives, so...................

is the teaching guy teaching in usa or thailand? you hear english teachers you can make 100k here too....lol.

Edited by blizzard