Thai Massaman curry topped “The World’s 50 Best Foods,” CNN Travel

snoop1130

I remember a few years ago the BBC asked its world audience what was the best dish on the planet.  Over 35,000 people voted beef rendang as the number one dish. Obviously few Indians voted for this, beef being a no no.  Yet they would have voted for chicken rendang. (for full disclosure I love beef rendang). BTW rendang orginates from Indonesia not Malaysia.

For me Indian curries are far superior to thai curries, then again taste is subjective. 

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

For me Indian curries are far superior to thai curries, then again taste is subjective. 

Apples & Pears

I love all curries appreciating their differances in taste, texture and presentation you can say this is my fav but to say superior? So Korma is better than a Panang Kai? (depends if you like mild or spicy) Embrace them all and Enjoy the great types and styles we have... I do love a massaman now and then, but again I love all barr the lunatic suicide Phals etc, I prefer to taste my food OMO though... Vinda's is prob my Zenith heat wise, if I have a cold to help clear out the sinus's lol, Indian my choice is Lamb Rogan Josh, then a Jalfrazi and both them are a westernised versions, my fav curry is Cantonese style/Chinese but again way differant to Indian/Thai styles

Edited by Lokie
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:23 PM, edwardandtubs said:

It's over-sweetened and overrated without the complexity that makes a decent Indian curry.

Some reports coming from India that in many good restaurants the chillies are being replaced by the original pepper that was always used before they even knew what a chilli was. 

My own feeling is that with pepper it's a better taste and doesn't mask the other spices by making it feel like your mouth is on fire with the chilli.

Try pepper instead of chilli, it might surprise you, unless you're one of the super heroes who think it's super macho to add as much chilli as you can get your hands on.