Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

CCSA approves more quarantine packages for foreign tourists

webfact

3 hours ago, Sundown said:

"Allowing cruise liners to enter Thailand. Some 60 ships with about 650 people on board have applied to anchor in Thailand. The passengers can generate revenue of up to Bt2.1 billion if they are allowed to step on land after undergoing mandatory 14-day quarantine on board and taking the three RT-PCT tests offered."

what cruise stops in a port 14 + X days? ???????? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Married couple friends of mine flew in from the U.S. today...in ASQ now; hope they don't turn up on the + in quarantine news report ???? ????

Were they able to pick the hotel or was it assigned? I'm hearing you are assigned a hotel, no booze allowed, you can't order food outside the menu offered.

It would be extremely interesting to hear first hand account of quarantine procedures. 

Edited by EVENKEEL

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

This must surely be a very shoddy translation -- or else the figures won't make any sense at all.

60 ships with 650 people on board, or just under 10 people per vessel on average? Or does this perhaps mean 60 ships, EACH of them having 650 people on board?

And then these 650 people generate up to 2.1 billion baht, or about 32.3 million per person? Wildly inconceivable. Yes, if it were 60 ships with 650 passengers EACH, that would of course come down to a more reasonable 53,000 or so per person.

And which cruise ship exactly is normally docking in a single port for 14 days? Or do passengers already begin their quarantine while still being on the high seas? 

The cruise ships that used to come in to Koh Samui would be berthed out at sea for no longer than 24 hours passengers would disembark at 9am and had to be back on board by 5pm . I had family on one of them by the time we had a bite to eat and a drink it was time to get them back to the port between the four of us I don’t think we spent 5,000 baht in the whole day and that was for the food and drink as we went to Santaburi golf course sadly we didn’t have time for a round of golf 

1 hour ago, dr_lucas said:

From the U.S.? How? 

How what? They flew in on a repatriation flight from LAX...Thai lady and her American husband. They were visiting California when the border closure hit in February. What was going to be a 2 month stay turned into 7 months!

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Were they able to pick the hotel or was it assigned? I'm hearing you are assigned a hotel, no booze allowed, you can't order food outside the menu offered.

It would be extremely interesting to hear first hand account of quarantine procedures. 

They picked...Royal Benja in Bangkok. Husband called last nite and said they had nice view from 28th floor room. I expect to get all the details in time. There are plenty of first-hand reports of ASQ stays here on the forum and videos on YouTube.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

OK.......here is WHY  they are choosing these "packages"  ( wellness centers,   medical venues,

golfing venues)        the correct answer is      drum rolllllll

kickbacks !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They picked...Royal Benja in Bangkok. Husband called last nite and said they had nice view from 28th floor room. I expect to get all the details in time...there are plenty of first-hand reports of ASQ stays here on the forum and videos on YouTube.

Thanks, asking for others waiting to come back. You tube it is.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You get to pick your own hotel from a variety of hotels in Bangkok; lower end of the spectrum around 30.000b for the 14 days, all the way up to 200.000b at the Shangri-La. There some very nice hotels available. And while it is quarantine, some of the better hotels do really make an effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They won't sell you alcohol, but they won't stop you bringing your own (if you absolutely can't be without a drink for those 14 days).

I stayed at the Movenpick hotel, which was wonderful. Lot's of people complain and moan about the ASQ being like prison and similar nonsense. I saw it as an opportunity to get some peace and quiet. Catch up on some reading, meditation, yoga, tv-shows and work. Had a big 80sqm room, with two large balconies overlooking the beautiful gardens and pool. Allowed outside for 45 minutes a day for some exercise and/or interaction with other guests. Food was excellent, most days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Lot's of people complain and moan about the ASQ being like prison and similar nonsense.

I think a lot depends on one's personality...if an extrovert 14 days of almost total isolation will seem like prison, no matter the surroundings, and if an introvert, like me, it would be heaven. 

13 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I think a lot depends on one's personality...if an extrovert 14 days of almost total isolation will seem like prison, no matter the surroundings, and if an introvert, like me, it would be heaven. 

Yesterday i got second hand info and they described it like being in prison, the you tube videos show a very different picture.

• Like 1