Heavy Rain All Night

kurgen

Over here a Maprachan it seems to have been raining heavily all night, on top of the rain we've had in the last few days.

I'm lucky, on my village there's good drainage and it's never flooded.

How about you "townies", any horror stories.

Go on, make my day :o

Down at Najomtien it's also been raining heavily... but our drainage systems are relatively new and have been able to cope OK. The swimming pool is overflowing though... again.

:o

Down at Najomtien it's also been raining heavily... but our drainage systems are relatively new and have been able to cope OK. The swimming pool is overflowing though... again.

:o

JD A good time to do a big backwash of the filter. It also lowers the water level.

In "fun city" I have not seen any major flooding, although there were a lot of bars with more staff than customers last night. I walked down Soi Buakhao to pattaya klang then to 2nd rd to Pattaya tai and up to soi buakhao. Was a very popular man as I walked by, very special man. :D In many of the places I went past I would have been the only customer.

The rain may not be enough to flood the place but it is keeping the punters off the street.

JD A good time to do a big backwash of the filter. It also lowers the water level.

I backwashed about 2" of water last night and another 2" this morning before work... the way the rain is still coming down I reckon I'll have to backwash again tonight too.

Was in Patts in Sept and had a night and morning of torrential rain and Soi Dianna Inn (Soi Bukhaow end) was flooded up level with 7 Eleben's door right across to our hotel... must of been 3ft deep in the middle of the road, there we were watching it, and the Thais were just getting on with their business riding their mopeds right through it!

Was in Patts in Sept and had a night and morning of torrential rain and Soi Dianna Inn (Soi Bukhaow end) was flooded up level with 7 Eleben's door right across to our hotel... must of been 3ft deep in the middle of the road, there we were watching it, and the Thais were just getting on with their business riding their mopeds right through it!

yes that was torrential stuff which luckily we haven't had on this go-around and the drains and ground have happily soaked it all up so far.

i reckon buakhaow is the worst area for flooding in south/central pattaya. everywhere else copes.

I backwashed about 2" of water last night and another 2" this morning before work... the way the rain is still coming down I reckon I'll have to backwash again tonight too.

Don't backwash too much, messes up the filter.

If you just need to get rid of excess water, put the 6-way valve on waste!

Last night I got absolutely drenched, had to make the dash home sooner or later as I could only see it getting worse, this was about 1.30 AM and from soi buakhow . The roads leading to my condo at soi arunothai were a foot under water. Didn't even bother raising my feet on the motocy as I was wet right through anyway, made a night for good sleeping though. At this time 11 AM it's finally stopped, might take advantage of this break now. :o

no flood problems, but Soi Siam Country Club is only maneouvrable with that lunar vehicle anytime soon. A good tank might do the trick, too, if it doesn;t cave in...

it starts again.....gusts and heavy rain...will that ever stop for one day? This morning it was very nice, until late afternoon, but then came the black clouds from the sea. Humm...I am getting hungry, hope it stops soon.... :o

Don't backwash too much, messes up the filter.

If you just need to get rid of excess water, put the 6-way valve on waste!

Only messes up sand filters doesnt it?, not cartridge filters