Thanathorn, former FWP leaders to be tried over protest

webfact

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

their participation in the German Embassy gathering.  minions who protested earlier that same day/venue are apparently not subject to the same "laws"?

It was also "interesting"  to see  how all the Thai news channels covering that event (yes every channel that I looked at)  switched to recorded footage   of that "Bim" bloke  ( who raised loads of money for charities )  resigning from  his position  instead of letting the viewers hear the  protesters read out their letter that was delivered to the ambassador,  there was a  split screen  muted protesters reading their letter.

797667573_-AmarinTVHD2020-10-2618-01.ts_snapshot_06.20_2020_10.29_16_44_51.jpg.d4940d00b55086a779b91428c3ecc413.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Provokation, escalation, violence, crackdown, coup. The grand opera of dinosaurs clinging on power. So obvious, so predictable, so mendacious, so selfish, and, so sad for Thailand. 

You forgot, so stupid..... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I don't think I would get away with want I want to say so all I will say is the youngsters protesting for true democracy deserve a happy and prosperous future in a Thailand different to what they have today.

It's great to see the new generation fight for their rights. I have high hopes for Gen Z.

• Like 1

Blatant provocation I believe they have shown their hand now and decided they want violence in order to get the army on the streets

That's just one of the many problem's with the junta they are very dim and not smart enough to see that most of the world can see right through them as can most of the youth

I fear it is going to get messy very soon and I hope the protesters have a plan that's one advantage they have over the thicko's in charge of the junta

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's great to see the new generation fight for their rights. I have high hopes for Gen Z.

It will come, just when is the big question - but the sooner the better. 

"Do you hear the people sing" 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thanathorn said prior to the hearing that the government was making a mistake by arresting pro-democracy leaders.

and he's correct, the government doing what they are doing will just add fuel to the fire

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and he's correct, the government doing what they are doing will just add fuel to the fire

Bear in mind, they (government) certainly aren't endowered with the intelligence required to even lead a boy scout troop, let alone a country like Thailand with all its complexities. 

• Like 2

Do I ever believe that the idea of a fair and united system will ever exist in any place on this planet?

I have lived a long time  ,  fighting the system when young.   Trying to hide from it when older.

My mask is packed away somewhere,  if ever the fantasy becomes more than just another obscure movie.     Who will the new benevolent rulers be ?      

Book vs. Flick: V for Vendetta | SYFY WIRE

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Because something was present during those decades that most obviously isn't now.

Without it the old play doesn't work.

There will be no "restraint"........ultimately none from either side.

That's all that's certain.

It's as simple as that.

That is so true!  My wife didn't put it this way (as I will) as they don't seem to have a devil in buddhism like christians do, but the fact is 'The devil is working his evil, so evil is at play at a high level'.  She wants the evil gone and all the associated evil to be gone with it!   

• Like 1