Leaving Thailand for a short time

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Thai General Insurance Association (TGIA) provides a platform where COVID-19 Insurance with the associated insurance companies can be bought online  (http://covid19.tgia.org/). Please note that the purchase from TGIA’s website is optional and insurance from other companies can still be accepted as long as it meets abovementioned requirement.

The list of ASQ Hotels is regularly updated and can be found at http://hsscovid.com/

Thank you, much appreciated, for the insurance required when joining a repat. flight to Bangkok did you buy all three elements: 3,200, 3,200 and 4,800.  I'm lost with this subject, I have Thai PR (waiting to return to Bkk), so i'm not sure which element applies to me.

Edited by scorecard

35 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thank you, much appreciated, for the insurance required when joining a repat. flight to Bangkok did you buy all three elements: 3,200, 3,200 and 4,800.  I'm lost with this subject, I have Thai PR (waiting to return to Bkk), so i'm not sure which element applies to me.

I didn't buy anything at this moment.
This was only for information.
I wait on information from the Thai Embassy in Belgium.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Confuscious said:

The link provided by another poster contradicts you and does allow certain persons back to Thailand (I can apply for a COE) under certain conditions.

www.thaiembassy.be/2020/07/09/application-for-certificate-of-entry-for-non-thai-nationals/?lang=en

It's O-A and not O, you hold an O visa.

• Holders of “O-A” (long stay) & “B” visa (as well as eligible candidate for “O-A” (long-stay) & “B” visa may now apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE)
  • Like 1

As I said just a few minutes ago......

Belgian authorities on Friday announced a six-week closure of nonessential businesses and tight limits on social contacts as the country tries to stave off caseloads that could fill hospitals to capacity within a week.

On 10/29/2020 at 10:52 PM, Confuscious said:

I will need to travel soon to Belgium to appear in a Court Case.
After the court case (about 7 days) I would return to Thailand.
Is this possible?
Will there be any restrictions on travelling back to Thailand?
TIA

Absolutely yes... you will have to go through all the hurdles, and then hope it's enough.

A lot depends on your personal status which you don't mention... marriage/retired/children/work etc

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 10:52 PM, Confuscious said:

I will need to travel soon to Belgium to appear in a Court Case.
After the court case (about 7 days) I would return to Thailand.
Is this possible?
Will there be any restrictions on travelling back to Thailand?
TIA

Belgium has just announced a lockdown.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Belgium has just announced a lockdown.

Well there you have it. Getting in our out is likely going to be even more problematic now... I suspect you will have a very good argument for finding another solution for your actual physical attendance. 

13 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I didn't buy anything at this moment.
This was only for information.
I wait on information from the Thai Embassy in Belgium.

Your as thick as a brick,leave for your court case which I’m sure can  be delayed cuz once you leave Thailand you won’t be able to return or should I say for a very looooooong time

• Thanks 1

I have to deal with legitimate staff travelling overseas and back at the moment and it is far from simple even for authourised travelers.

Simple answer is NO, on a non-O you will not be allowed back into Thailand any time soon.

It is not about the insurance, PCR tests, or the quarantine, or what you think, quite simply you are not in an allowed category, and until that changes you may have to wait many months to return.

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Absolutely yes... you will have to go through all the hurdles, and then hope it's enough.

A lot depends on your personal status which you don't mention... marriage/retired/children/work etc

Your last sentence says it all.

List of Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter Thailand

Pursuant to the Declaration of an Emergency Situation in Thailand from 26 March 2020, the entry to Thailand is permitted for particular persons in the exempted list in accordance with the Regulation issued under the Emergency Decree (No.12). The list for non-Thai nationals includes the following:

(3) Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents, or children of Thai nationals;

A Thai visa member who is not a barstool wisdom.

Edited by Confuscious
Add
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

At present, you are only permitted to enter Thailand if they meet one of the following criteria:

• You a) hold a work permit or have already been granted permission from the Thai government to work in Thailand or b) if you have the Certificate of Residence and valid re-entry permit. This includes families. If you fall into one of these two categories and have an urgent need to travel, you should contact the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate in your country of departure to explain your circumstances at least 10 working days before your proposed date of travel. You will need a Certificate of Entry issued by the Royal Thai Embassy in/accredited to your country of departure, a Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate, a medical certificate indicating that you have tested negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR test) within 72 hours of travelling, proof of health insurance covering all medical expenditure, including for COVID-19, up to USD 100,000 minimum while in Thailand, copy of your confirmed booking at an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel, and either a copy of your work permit (if it is already expired, your employer should contact the Ministry of Labour to issue a WP3), a copy of letter of permission to work in Thailand from a Thai government agency (such as the Ministry of Labour, the Ministry of Education, BOI) or a copy of the Certificate of Residence. When you get to Thailand, you will be subject to a 14-day state quarantine at a Thai government-designated facility at your own expense. If suspected of carrying COVID-19, you may be denied entry into the country
  • If you are the spouse, child or parent of a Thai national. You will need a Certificate of Entry issued by the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in your country of departure, a Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate, a medical certificate indicating that you have tested negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR test) within 72 hours before your departure, proof of health insurance covering all medical expenditure, including for COVID-19, up to USD 100,000 minimum while in Thailand, a copy of your confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel, a copy of your Thai visa, and either a copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate. When you get to Thailand, you will be subject to a 14-day quarantine in hospital at your own expense. If suspected of carrying COVID-19, you may be denied entry into the country

No mention of any type of Visa.
    Only "Certificate of Residence" and "valid Reentry permit".
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I did got the reply from the Thai Embassy in Belgium.

Do you have permanent residency after applying or it and waiting a few years for approval? That is the only way you could have a certificate of residence.

Does anyone know that if you leave Thailand for a few weeks over Christmas and have the required visa Non Imm B, work permit and insurance elements in place to return. Is it possible to apply for a COE before you leave Thailand? Understand that quarantine is required on return to Bangkok and thats ok.

You're all wasting your time on this guy. He's been told numerous times he has no chance of getting back in. Much better to wait for the "Help I'm stuck in Belgium and cant get back" thread that we will see in a couple of weeks.

Then everyone can post "I told you so"

• Thanks 2