Boy dies in Kathu pickup truck accident

webfact

Boy dies in Kathu pickup truck accident

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1604225163_1-org.jpg

Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A road accident this afternoon (Nov 1) in Kathu where a pickup truck overturned saw a 5-year-old boy lose his life.

The incident occurred outside the Caltex petrol station on the westbound section of Phrabaramee Rd near the Sikor intersection in Kathu.

Capt Chalermsak Aksornpian of the Kathu Police was called to the scene at about 12:15pm together with Kusoldharm rescue workers.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/boy-dies-in-kathu-pickup-truck-accident-77839.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-02

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

That's a very dangerous area, particularly when coming from the east and following the lane that turns left onto Phrabaramee. So many vehicles pull out of the Caltex station into that lane without looking to see if there's oncoming traffic rounding that corner. The roadway also looks to be wet and possibly slick in front of the gas station. I'm not saying that speed and careless driving were not the primary cause of the accident, but there may have been other contributing factors as well.

• Like 1

One could bet dollars to peanuts the poor kid was not in a seat belt let alone a certified child's seat. The Thais can't be told, including my wife when it comes to having her 3 yo niece in her car.

Edited by bdenner
Clarity
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Forgot to wear his amulet Im guessing...the lesson is repeated until it is learned   chok dee

what a thought less  remark, the child had no control as to how and where he sat, or the speed the driver reached to have this collision, a child dies and you make a wise crack

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DrDave said:

That's a very dangerous area, particularly when coming from the east and following the lane that turns left onto Phrabaramee. So many vehicles pull out of the Caltex station into that lane without looking to see if there's oncoming traffic rounding that corner. The roadway also looks to be wet and possibly slick in front of the gas station. I'm not saying that speed and careless driving were not the primary cause of the accident, but there may have been other contributing factors as well.

Carelessness, and i dint give a shot attitude would have played a part

11 hours ago, DrDave said:

The location of that gasstation is on a very bad place, in more civilezed countries such a thing would not be possible.

20 hours ago, steve187 said:
On 11/2/2020 at 3:53 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Forgot to wear his amulet Im guessing...the lesson is repeated until it is learned   chok dee

what a thought less  remark, the child had no control as to how and where he sat, or the speed the driver reached to have this collision, a child dies and you make a wise crack

.... and one which makes the callous poster look even more moronic when the full story highlights the family were Muslim and not Buddhist......

Again, another innocent life lost to complete ignorance of the consequences - the authorities could and should be doing more to limit these tragic and unnecessary incidents. No one in positions of decision making power care.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steve187 said:

I'll leave this here for your approval......dont kill the messenger...feel free to block me and my future posts

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/man-survives-drive-by-shooting-and-crash-credits-his-buddhist-amulet

Wanna talk about the road carnage in LOS?.....I'll be your whipping boy, as you seem to think Im responsible..

2 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

Imagine it was your own son, please.  

Im quoting thais, whom seem to think the amulet is the almighty shield from life...am I wrong about that?

I made no mention of the boy.......simply pointing out thai beliefs and thai logic....nobody said life is fair...

Maybe you should go and set up a go fund me for them as you seem to be able to control the elements of life..

Do I do the standard "thoughts n prayers"?   At what age is a life more important that others? Is there a limit?..

Reminder, In made no mention, nor "fun" of the boy.......I explained my comments, whether you agree or not..

Or you rather I go to the temple and repent for my "sins" you seem to accuse me of..how much baht donation?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Why have the wheels fallen off the vehicle?

Probably ripped off by the force of the rolling vehicle coming into contact with ground, curb or tree. Testament to the speed it was travelling before becoming inverted?