Texan Republicans lose bid to halt drive-through voting but fight continues

webfact

3 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

I hope that the USA never again criticises other countries for unfair elections. 

Voter suppression--- the most undemocratic action of all and practiced by many Republican states..

Utterly disgraceful. 

Idle hope.

10 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

As an American, all should be able to understand that if the overwhelming majority of American eligible voters do not reject The Donald and his ilk, then I will have no country to support or defend.

I understand how you feel but NEVER give up the ship we shal overcome this abomination of an administration and trumps minions just lost again so cheer up brother change is a coming we will be a stronger country in the long run because of this mistake imo

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

As an American, all should be able to understand that if the overwhelming majority of American eligible voters do not reject The Donald and his ilk, then I will have no country to support or defend.

I understand your sentiment. I've prepared myself to accept if this happens then America has really gone in an ugly direction. I still get a civil service pension so I have to maintain citizenship but I will still condemn the confederate flag ideology. As a previous poster replied to you (paraphrasing) "keep your chins up."

• Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 8:38 AM, worgeordie said:

Democracy is alive and well in America ????,denying people the chance to vote in a safe way, those that are trying to stop voting need to bow their head in shame,but as they will try every dirty trick in the book,they dont give a sh*t.  I am not American, but looking at what's going on in this election,in what's suppose to be the World leader in democracy......very bad. it's more like what occurs in 3rd World dictatorships. 

regards worgeordie

Totally agree. How the non democratic rulers in China, Russia, Iran, etc must be laughing. And how the  ones in those very corrupt democracies, like India, Pakistan and numerous African states, that are always plagued with huge election process rows must be feeling somewhat more normal now.

There were accusations about postal votes in the UK at the last election to. I also remember FB posts claiming vote counting fraud in the Scottish Referendum.

Now, just who would be the likely beneficiaries of spreading attacks on the credibility of democracy and democratic processes I wonder?

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 6:20 PM, Sujo said:

To put it simply, they are not interested in democracy, only power at all costs.

That appears to be an allegation laid at the door of both parties. 

Impeach, fake news, riots, disempower the law, politicize the judiciary, refuse to respect election results. 

Notions of a robust but fair campaign, presenting credible facts and policies to an informed electorate are long gone. Now about spite, bile and who can whip up the most accusations and "evidence" to discredit the other.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I hope no American will ever criticize democratic elections in any other country again.

It's a shame how openly the Republican party members try to prevent people from voting.

The virus situation is known since many months. Being not prepared just doesn't count.

In a real democracy every voter should be able to vote the way they want. They can vote for the DEMs or GOP or whatever, it's up to the voter. Voter suppression, especially in some districts with a majority from they "others" should be a crime and the people who suppress voters should go to jail.

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

That appears to be an allegation laid at the door of both parties. 

Impeach, fake news, riots, disempower the law, politicize the judiciary, refuse to respect election results. 

Notions of a robust but fair campaign, presenting credible facts and policies to an informed electorate are long gone. Now about spite, bile and who can whip up the most accusations and "evidence" to discredit the other.

Sure. Joe Biden is attacking the Supreme Court's decisions just as much as is Donald Trump. Yup.

14 hours ago, Tug said:

I understand how you feel but NEVER give up the ship we shal overcome this abomination of an administration and trumps minions just lost again so cheer up brother change is a coming we will be a stronger country in the long run because of this mistake imo

I hope so.

But like the US, the UK, France, Germany and all others loosely referred to as the Western Democracies, are facing unprecedented challenges and seem to lack the stalwart talented skilled politicians of the past.  

Hopefully, this phenomenon will soon pass and brighter, energized visionary politicians will emerge. And all the Western Powers will emerge stronger, better and more enlightened because of it.

Otherwise the totalitarian regimes will spread their influence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

I hope so.

But like the US, the UK, France, Germany and all others loosely referred to as the Western Democracies, are facing unprecedented challenges and seem to lack the stalwart talented skilled politicians of the past.  

Hopefully, this phenomenon will soon pass and brighter, energized visionary politicians will emerge. And all the Western Powers will emerge stronger, better and more enlightened because of it.

Otherwise the totalitarian regimes will spread their influence.

Your comments are characterized by both sidesism. The fact is that it's the Republican party which has repeatedly tried to limit access to voting. In this case they waited until votes were cast to challenge the process rather than do so beforehand.

• Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Sure. Joe Biden is attacking the Supreme Court's decisions just as much as is Donald Trump. Yup.

Joe Biden didn't want to tell anybody about the Supreme Court till after the election. Said voters didn't have the right to know!

Wait and see how he, Harris and Pelosi deal with the Courts and verdicts they don't like should the Democrats win, retain the Congress and win the Senate. 

If you think they are more honest and transparent then good luck with that!