At least one killed in suspected Vienna terror attack

webfact

15 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Comparative data is available from the 70’s till 2018 to make it more transparent.

https://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

thanks, so the real share of jihadist terrorism victims in recent years is about 80 - 90%.

ter-we-isl-20170523.png.06999c7a515929e4c39214a2b915c4b7.png

it's also interesting to note that attacks by Palestinians and other anti-West groups are not counted towards "jihadists".

Munich 1972

Paris 1982, 1985, 1986 ...

72 and 82 are missing totally, for 85 and 86 I'm not sure they have been included.

not sure 1972 should be included... my category would be "angry people with middle eastern-inspired causes", but oh well.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If you are refering to the muslim related terrorism in Europe, it is more "accurate"  to interpret the numbers to the percentage of muslims in Europe, not in Austria.

You may dream of a  Europe as a part of dar al-islam in a generation or two.

My hope is, that our western societies stand strong in defending human rights, women rights, gay rights and religios freedom. An aggressive Islam and millions of low lifes from stone age societies endangers everything our ancestors had to fight for for over hundreds of years.

Islam will perish, inshallah!

Advised literature:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submission_(novel)

13 minutes ago, tgw said:

thanks, so the real share of jihadist terrorism victims in recent years is about 80 - 90%.

ter-we-isl-20170523.png.06999c7a515929e4c39214a2b915c4b7.png

it's also interesting to note that attacks by Palestinians and other anti-West groups are not counted towards "jihadists".

Munich 1972

Paris 1982, 1985, 1986 ...

72 and 82 are missing totally, for 85 and 86 I'm not sure they have been included.

not sure 1972 should be included... my category would be "angry people with middle eastern-inspired causes", but oh well.

Yes, jihadi victim ratio is 80 to 90%.

Palestinian/Israeli attacks committed in Palestine and/or Israel are outside EU.

Munich ‘72 attacks are not jihadi related. It was ethno-political non-religious terrorism.

Major religious (jihadi) inspired terrorist attacks were:

- Madrid train bombing 

- Bataclan Paris attacks

- Nice promenade truck attack

They happened all after a military conflict in the ME (Syria, Iraq, Israel, Lybia, Mali, etc)

Paralel wars in ME are not included in the victim ratio graph.

1 hour ago, Thorgal said:

You’re welcome.

No, nothing else related to the topic.

I read that book. I liked it's nihilism. They actually made some <deleted>ty movie about it on German TV, and as per usual the mimimimi Islamophobia mimimimi kicked off, and the channel which produced/showed it, had one of their shills (Maischberger) apologize on TV... Granted, the movie was different from the book, but it wasn't the "fear and hatred inciting piece" the leftie-mimimi-media-mob, and the crybabies of Antifa and the various Islamic interest groups in Germany, made it out to be, either.

It was just the usual <deleted>-movie made in Germany, with too many overemphasized topics (like Romance), that weren't AS important as in the book...

But imo the book is only partially critically of Islam, and could be read as a mixture of nihilism and satire... there are other, better books.

Such as Thilo Sarrazin's (a Social Democrat, one of the few I respect...) "Deutschland schafft sich ab" (Germany is dissolving itself, roughly translated), which deals with the facts and repercussions of mass migration and failed integration... as it's a factual book, not some novel, that can be interpreted multiple ways...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

It is the way they want to colonize the west but many people don't realize it, it is just a matter of numbers (speed of reproduction) and time. We condemned colonisation  but many (on the left) seem to have no problem if it is the other way around. Or are they just to stupid to realize it? Multicul is something different than enforcing your own ideas on to others.

They who? Do you imagine there's some secret high council of Muslims managing this endeavor? The Elders of Arabia sort of thing?

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:59 AM, Thorgal said:

I’m not a Muslim, but there’s a silent majority of Muslims disapproving these type of attacks.

Again, the word islamophobia is misplaced now at the moment if we don’t know the background of the victims and the attackers.

Many similar attacks in the past in EU resulted also in Muslim victims.

The captions/subtitles can be set in your own language:

"...but there’s a silent majority of Muslims disapproving these type of attacks."

You do not know that, even though you state is fact. Moreover, like most public opinions, positions probably vary with time and circumstances.

On 11/3/2020 at 12:15 PM, soalbundy said:

More people than that get killed by random shootings and racist policemen in America with closed borders.

Which has nothing much to do with the topic. Other than, perhaps, demonstrating again that people find being killed by homegrown, indigenous criminals/killer/zealots a wee bit more palatable than the same carried out by 'foreigners'.

53 minutes ago, Morch said:

"...but there’s a silent majority of Muslims disapproving these type of attacks."

You do not know that, even though you state is fact. Moreover, like most public opinions, positions probably vary with time and circumstances.

You’ve commented (again) with loaded, logical fallacies without facts.

I can confirm that you cannot know, what I know.

On the other hands, your “probability” dismisses your earlier setup.

2 hours ago, Thorgal said:

You’ve commented (again) with loaded, logical fallacies without facts.

I can confirm that you cannot know, what I know.

On the other hands, your “probability” dismisses your earlier setup.

Mumbo jumbo won't cut it. You made a clear claim that you cannot possibly support with fact. ]

If you actually knew something solid about it, you'd be able to support your claims, instead of deflecting.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Morch said:

Which has nothing much to do with the topic. Other than, perhaps, demonstrating again that people find being killed by homegrown, indigenous criminals/killer/zealots a wee bit more palatable than the same carried out by 'foreigners'.

In today's world with easy access to the internet where radicals can preach hate and violence to the underprivileged and the easily influenced, closing borders to those based on religion or nationality is pointless and even harmful, it just confirms bias.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, tgw said:

many of the terror attacks in the period were by PLO, Black September. Don't recall either groups pushing Jihadist end of times ideology or am I incorrect?

On 11/4/2020 at 12:18 AM, Salerno said:

As too often, another intelligence screw up:

Austrian intelligence officials were told in July the terrorist who this week fatally shot four people in Vienna had tried to buy ammunition in Slovakia.

The revelation has led Austrian Interior Minister to admit to failures in the way the information, which came from Slovakia's intelligence service, was handled.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-05/austria-admits-mistakes-handling-vienna-terrorist-intelligence/12850890

Edited by Salerno

Criminal proceedings involving the two Winterthur suspects have been ongoing at the federal level since 2018 and 2019 for terrorist-related facts.

"The two young men are acquaintances of the terrorist who was shot dead by police Monday night in Vienna after killing four people and injuring 22 people in the street. The investigation linked to the attack must in particular establish what exact links the terrorist had with the two Swiss."

https://www.en24news.com/2020/11/vienna-attack-the-two-zurich-suspects-are-already-under-criminal-investigation-3.html

"Switzerland is not generally seen as a center for radical Islamism, and compared to countries like Belgium and France, the radicalized population is small. Nonetheless, there are worrisome portents for the country’s future."

https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/10/28/neutral-switzerlands-growing-islamist-and-jihadist-challenge/

Edited by Opl

14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

In today's world with easy access to the internet where radicals can preach hate and violence to the underprivileged and the easily influenced, closing borders to those based on religion or nationality is pointless and even harmful, it just confirms bias.

I'm not advocating for closed borders, but it would be hard to argue that dealing only with homegrown criminality and terrorism, rather than having to contend with imported issues and attacks would be just the same. The situation in the USA is different from the currently discussed one, and on multiple fronts.

Having less people who might be potentially swayed to the 'dark side' (or in newspeak, radicalized) will make things easier, in terms of security.

13 hours ago, simple1 said:

many of the terror attacks in the period were by PLO, Black September. Don't recall either groups pushing Jihadist end of times ideology or am I incorrect?

You are correct. But I think they are still seen as 'imported' problems courtesy of Arabs/Muslims anyhow.

On 11/4/2020 at 6:41 PM, Morch said:

They who? Do you imagine there's some secret high council of Muslims managing this endeavor? The Elders of Arabia sort of thing?

Do you need a council to teach an American to say "God Bless America" ? If you speak or understand French than you will find lot of information on you tube where muslims openly say what I just mentioned in my answer. 

On 11/4/2020 at 3:47 PM, Thorgal said:

Yes, jihadi victim ratio is 80 to 90%.

Palestinian/Israeli attacks committed in Palestine and/or Israel are outside EU.

Munich ‘72 attacks are not jihadi related. It was ethno-political non-religious terrorism.

Major religious (jihadi) inspired terrorist attacks were:

- Madrid train bombing 

- Bataclan Paris attacks

- Nice promenade truck attack

They happened all after a military conflict in the ME (Syria, Iraq, Israel, Lybia, Mali, etc)

Paralel wars in ME are not included in the victim ratio graph.

Jewish museum in Brussels, Ariana Grande concert .....