Immigration Police Home Visits

20 hours ago, whiteman said:

In 14 years I  have only been visited one time 3 years ago. The boss man asked me if I wished to have lunch with them I bet at my costs.  My wife piped up sorry we have just eaten they never came back.

When They told me they had to pay for the ferry i simply replied you wanted to come, i didn't invite you. Have never asked again.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, whiteman said:

In 14 years I  have only been visited one time 3 years ago. The boss man asked me if I wished to have lunch with them I bet at my costs.  My wife piped up sorry we have just eaten they never came back.

Ditto.. In around 25 years.. I have never been visited at all.. 

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Or they are scamming a payment, my mate in Korat, his wife donated them 1,000 baht for some reason.

Only 1,000 THB? The wife of the OP of this particular thread was fleeced for double that amount! ????????

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Same here, but 3 yrs back i was on retirement and they still came now marriage, Trat come retire or marriage. not heard of anyone getting more than one visit a year though.

I have been visited 3 or 4 times in 12 years by Immigration Police only after my my extension and yes the usual photos outside the house and around the rooms inside and also a Thai guarantor and asked questions and writing down answers and asked me a couple.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Only 1,000 THB? The wife of the OP of this particular thread was fleeced for double that amount! ????????

You are very seriously mistaken, OJAS. As the OP of this thread, my wife has NEVER had nor needed any interaction with Immigration and as such neither she nor I have  ever been fleeced by them.

In the past 30 years my only contact with Immigration, as a PR holder, has been to obtain multiple  re-entry permits, for which I have paid the correct price.

The reference made to paying 2,000baht was made by Bangyai!

12 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

You are very seriously mistaken, OJAS. As the OP of this thread, my wife has NEVER had nor needed any interaction with Immigration and as such neither she nor I have  ever been fleeced by them.

In the past 30 years my only contact with Immigration, as a PR holder, has been to obtain multiple  re-entry permits, for which I have paid the correct price.

The reference made to paying 2,000baht was made by Bangyai!

He's not talking about you. He's talking about the OP of the other topic, hence the link to that specific topic...

On 11/3/2020 at 3:51 PM, prakhonchai nick said:

As a PR holder, I am not involved with extensions, but have today been asked by a friend whether I am aware of the rules re home visits from Immigration.

He has told me that in the past he was visited once a year by Immigration and had a photo taken with his wife.. More recently these visits became monthly, and are now weekly!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any knowledge of this. reasons why etc?

As a PR I have never ever been visited.... I have no idea why they would visit a PR as we are registered at police and Immig....Before PR I was visited once.. That's it.

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:
4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The only visit I ever had was for the very first extension and never had another one even for the renewals.

Something doesn't sound right about this story.

While I am the same as you in the number of visits, our experience is no guide to someone else’s.

Good point well made.

After maybe 11 years of marriage or retirement extensions in three different  jurisdictions here, I've never been offered a home visit let alone actually had one.

I feel I am being scammed. Who should I complain to?

• Haha 2