Immigration home visit . Charge 2000 baht ? Right or wrong ?

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No it isnt, in most cases they submit the paperwork to an area office who makes the decision. People who submit to this nonsense just propagate the problem for everyone else.

I recorded the entire visit on cctv, and they didnt set foot inside my home either. The whole thing was conducted on the covered terrace OUTSIDE.

I have a mixed opinion on this. If they were visiting me in CM which is only 15 minutes drive for them, then probably not. As to date I have never had anyone visit me for permission to stay based on family (children). I also have cctv around my house. Anyway it is the person's call for what to do. It is wrong but TIT.

• Like 2

They know you will pay if not they can have you running backwards and forwards to the office, you just become part of his residual income, they did it to a friend of mine a few years back 3 times he had to go back to the immigration office because he thought he could do it alone and not pay the bribe, this was only 13km trip one way

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

2000 Baht for a visit?

What if they have 4 or 5 a day.

Too many here jump at shadows and roll over.

That's ridiculous being more than 1 time. Also I never fall over or jump at shadows. Just try to use common sense what will and will not affect me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

That's ridiculous being more than 1 time. Also I never fall over or jump at shadows. Just try to use common sense what will and will not affect me.

Not 4 or  5  times for you obviously.

Multiple customers.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know where this happened, where these foul apples came from. Maybe some members experienced the same.

I would ask for their office-passports/ID-cards, would copy them and tell them I would inform the higher police office -  and all would be documented in a video.

About 14 years ago, we had just finished the building of our home, a policeman came up here and asked for money. I told my wife if you pay him I'll leave you at once. He never returned.

This bad apple was later transfered to Pai. Once I read in the news that this ploceman did the samet here . Result: He had to leave the polive, for ever.

• Confused 1

Well, that's done and dusted. Only one bloke and the wifes witnesses turned up. I stayed indoors and they all sat outdoors at the brother in laws concrete table. Apparently , the bloke told my wife that my application was under consideration and if anything was amiss I would have to re apply. I think this was a nudge to justify the grease being paid. Whatever. I was called to be in a couple of pictures outside the house with the witnesses and that was my only involvement. When witnesses left wife handed over the money ( which had been on the table throughout ) and the bloke left. Wife is happier since although she agrees with my principles she reminded me that TIT and          ' ...you're not in England now , so comparisons are a waste of time.'

There ends my first and hopefully last experience of corruption.

All that remains now is for the wife to hit me up for the 2000 .

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bangyai said:

Well, that's done and dusted. Only one bloke and the wifes witnesses turned up. I stayed indoors and they all sat outdoors at the brother in laws concrete table. Apparently , the bloke told my wife that my application was under consideration and if anything was amiss I would have to re apply. I think this was a nudge to justify the grease being paid. Whatever. I was called to be in a couple of pictures outside the house with the witnesses and that was my only involvement. When witnesses left wife handed over the money ( which had been on the table throughout ) and the bloke left. Wife is happier since although she agrees with my principles she reminded me that TIT and          ' ...you're not in England now , so comparisons are a waste of time.'

There ends my first and hopefully last experience of corruption.

All that remains now is for the wife to hit me up for the 2000 .

Only one from IM. We had five of them so the 2000 was to pay for lunch and beers on their way home.

You will get along fine listening to your wife in these circumstances because one day you might need some help from them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bangyai said:

Went to immigration yesterday to apply for 1st 1 year extension based on marriage. They phoned 30  minutes ago saying they will be here within the hour. Amongst other things they say we will have to pay 2000 for the home visit which is 100 k from their office.

Are we about to get ripped of or not ?

Thanks in advance

hello mate NO don't pay i had this last year when my marriage visa was done ..they phoned me at home said the same..and i live a few hundred metres from imm. i called my wife at work who called and  said NO anyway they came all went well ..my wife then spoke to the chief..who was actually a nice bloke polite ..even turned a blind eye to an issue which got us out of the Poo  Then my wife mentioned the 2000 What 2000 he asked ..few red faces with a couple of the lower  ranks .. so say no mate its s scam..if they come offer them a drink a snack ..no cash ..good luck 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Only one from IM. We had five of them so the 2000 was to pay for lunch and beers on their way home.

You will get along fine listening to your wife in these circumstances because one day you might need some help from them.

the help finished with the last payment  you need help ..Pay again for sure these guys don't know the meaning of favours

• Like 1

Did I read right that the OP has been doing visa runs for FORTY YEARS and is now on here asking if a 2,000B bribe is acceptable? If I'm right, everyone replying to this needs to wake up and smell the coffee. ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1