Legalisation of documents @ Thai Ministry of Foreign Affair

Hello

I need to legalise a few documents @ Thai Ministry of Foreign Affair and want to send them by mail. What do I need to consider?

- Do I have to write a formal letter in Thai? Are there existing templates of letters in Thai?

- Anything else I need to consider?

- Is it maybe better to consider a legalisation service bureau?

On 11/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, Opossum said:

Hello

I need to legalise a few documents @ Thai Ministry of Foreign Affair and want to send them by mail. What do I need to consider?

- Do I have to write a formal letter in Thai? Are there existing templates of letters in Thai?

Ubobjoe has it right.   We went through the process awhile ago.. It works ok by mail but you have to have the translation 'perfect'.. it took us about 4 or 5 tries to get it right..  There is a English teaching shop here that does translations and has the proper stamps.  It is a legal document and must be perfectly presented. The agents in Bangkok know the ropes and can do it in one go. As I say our guy here took a number of times before it was acceptable.. but.. much better for us than making a trip to Bangkok.  They understand and write English at the office.. no problem.

On 11/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, Opossum said:

Hello

A question worded partially as a statement.  When I had my freedom to marry certificate translated and notarised I had it done at an office at the MRT station in Khlong Toey.

Do any documents specifically have to be notarised at the MFA? 

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

I had it done at an office at the MRT station in Khlong Toey.

That is a legalization office of the Department of Consular Affairs (DCA) of the MFA.

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

Do any documents specifically have to be notarised at the MFA? 

The MFA does not notarize anything at their office it is done by the DCA.

• Thanks 1