What is mean?

Currently, South Korea is implementing the STV visa.

The qualifications for application are as follows, but many Koreans are curious about the regulations. Contact with the embassy is very difficult.

Does this mean i can just rent/lease a condo OR Do i have to pay for the condo in installments?

Just rent? lease? or buy condo?

SmartSelect_20201105-165336_Gallery.jpg

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Basically looking for proof of accommodation be that hotel or condo rental or condo ownership.

Doesn't the dictionary meaning of "hire purchase" mean that the condo is purchased in installments?

1 hour ago, Xavi said:

Doesn't the dictionary meaning of "hire purchase" mean that the condo is purchased in installments?

Without additional context it's hard to say.

What's above the 'or' - does it mention a paid for hotel room or apartment?

It sounds to me like they're talking about a mortgage where 25% of the loan has been repaid or perhaps there's 75% equity - clear as mud.

Unless the Embassy in Korea has some different understanding, everywhere else the requirement for STV is just proof of at least 15 days paid accomodation beyond the 15 day ASQ. Can be a hotel, a leased apartment etc. There is no requirement to buy a condo for the STV (though if you own a condo or are making payments on one, that can qualify)

This is how it is explained on the website of the Thai Embassy in Singapore:

either a fully paid hotel reservation OR a a fully paid residential lease OR proof you own property here OR a mortgage agreement /hire purchase agreement showing at least 2 payments made. Any one of these will do.   https://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/types-of-visa/special-tourist-visa-stv

As you are having such trouble dealing with the Embassy in Korea you might try via the company listed below. They also are not fast or easy but they may be better than your local embassy

https://www.thailongstay.co.th/stv_visa.html

52 minutes ago, Myran said:

This has already been answered in your other, identical topic. Do you think you're going to get different answers here that will somehow get you into Thailand?

They've been consistently making similar posts for weeks now, I think getting to Thailand should be the least of their concerns.

3 hours ago, Xavi said:

I have seen the confusing term "hire purchase" used before by Immigration. I have been guessing that the actual intended meaning was long term lease. However, the context here makes it look as though it may mean "mortgage" with 25% of the total cost already paid off.

Edited by BritTim

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

I have seen the confusing term "hire purchase" used before by Immigration. I have been guessing that the actual intended meaning was long term lease. However, the context here makes it look as though it may mean "mortgage" with 25% of the total cost already paid off.

The way it is explained on other Embassy websites (e.g. Singapore as referenced above) it does mean that. However this is only one of several options for meeting the paid accommodation requirement. Prepaid hotel booking and prepaid rentals are also acceptable.