Newbie to Thailand, Looking for Car Leasing/ Finance

Hi all

I just move to Thailand 4 months ago..and i currently looking for car finance..been turn down by Mercedes Finance, Bmw Finance and Tbank..

I had a Thai Guarantor which is my friend...and i looking to pay 25% up front... My salary around 240K per month....

Will there specific bank / finance company will able to provide car finance for me?

Regards

Martin 

• Confused 1

240,000 baht a month salary and you were turned down for finance, when the car companies will finance anyone, even thousands that cannot afford a car, as we saw in the government's first time car buying scam.

Must be more to this story...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

240,000 baht a month salary and you were turned down for finance, when the car companies will finance anyone, even thousands that cannot afford a car, as we saw in the government's first time car buying scam.

Must be more to this story...

They reject due to i dont have 6 months or more work experience in Thailand....i tried BMW Leasing, Mercedes Leasing and TBank....they both reject with same reason..

240k per month salary in times like this? Where/what do you work? Bodyguard for the De Beers family???? However, with a guaranteed salary like this I don't understand a) why they refuse you as a customer and b) why not save up a good percentage of your 240k MONTHLY and then buy a car paying all in cash????

Edited by Freigeist365
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Freigeist365 said:

240k per month salary in times like this? Where/what do you work? Bodyguard for the De Beers family???? However, with a guaranteed salary like this I don't understand a) why they refuse you as a customer and b) why not save up a good percentage of your 240k MONTHLY and then buy a car paying all in cash????

Because..the car worth 4.3M...which i dont think i will pay all at the time ....and they refuse due to i dont have 6 months work experiences in Thailand...

5 minutes ago, Martinxx0630 said:

Because..the car worth 4.3M...which i dont think i will pay all at the time ....and they refuse due to i dont have 6 months work experiences in Thailand...

Then rent first until you got your 6m experience. Really would like to know what your job is, as I am happy if I have left 500k per annum as profits being a business owner... 240k per month is sick, man! I mean - good for you and I am not jealous or something, but really would like to know which job can reel in that amount of dough in times like this??? Cheers, Freigeist

Edited by Freigeist365

44 minutes ago, Freigeist365 said:

Then rent first until you got your 6m experience. Really would like to know what your job is, as I am happy if I have left 500k per annum as profits being a business owner... 240k per month is sick, man! I mean - good for you and I am not jealous or something, but really would like to know which job can reel in that amount of dough in times like this??? Cheers, Freigeist

I think many professional expats who are sent to Thailand will have salaries in that range.