Trump takes fighting stance as election swings toward Biden

webfact

Just now, PattayaJames said:

He want's observers in, as is legally allowed.

Strange that they don't want to let them in, what do they have to hide?

It wasn't about observers. It was about stopping the count. He later changed his post to Stop the Fraud when his advisors pointed out that he would lose the election if it were stopped when he asked for it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Trump is just annoyed he wont have taxpayers pay for his golf and the millions the secret service paid to his resorts for overpriced rooms.

I think he's MUCH more concerned about SDNY being able to openly prosecute him.

Observers were there. Trump just wanted to crowd the place with more, nevermind the virus.

The judge asked them if observers were there and they confirmed it. But some wanted to get in close for a cuddle.

You do realise its repubs running the counting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

There already are observers where the votes are being counted.  In Pennsylvania a court ruled the observers can stand closer to where the votes are being counted, in other states his lawsuits didn't get far.

• Thanks 1

On the first night after the election I thought the Lincoln Project had been all for naught. They must have been extremely disappointed with some of the house and senate results. Lindsay Graham. Oh my god.

Some of their adds just seemed to be preaching to the converted.

Now though with a pretty much certain Biden win, and the 2 senates seats in Georgia up for runoff, the Lincoln Project might have been the difference or at least been a help.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

On the first night after the election I thought the Lincoln Project had been all for naught. They must have been extremely disappointed with some of the house and senate results. Lindsay Graham. Oh my god.

Some of their adds just seemed to be preaching to the converted.

Now though with a pretty much certain Biden win, and the 2 senates seats in Georgia up for runoff, the Lincoln Project might have been the difference or at least quite helpful.

They most certainly WERE helpful, and the end of this election isn't the end of their efforts. Kudos to The Lincoln Project!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

He wont even make a year.

If beaten now Trump will return stronger in 4 years. 

It is highly doubtful 45 will be around in 4 years. This humiliation may well take a toll on his already out of shape body, and there are a host of other Repubs anxious for their shot at the WH, including graham and pompeo. Besides, once he is no longer sitting POTUS, no bizarre OLC opinion can prevent him from being prosecuted, and no pardon can save him from the State of NY, where he is already under investigation for various crimes including bank fraud and insurance fraud, plus he is currently an unindicted co-conspirator in the Stormy Daniels payoff that landed Michael Cohen in jail. He will be knee deep in legal matters, likely for years, and he could end up behind bars.

There is certainly precedent in developed countries for holding leaders to the same legal standard as everyday citizens. South Korea has jailed a number of its former leaders for corruption. The US needs to send a message both to the US and to the rest of the world, that no one in the US is above the law.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

It is highly doubtful 45 will be around in 4 years. This humiliation may well take a toll on his already out of shape body, and there are a host of other Repubs anxious for their shot at the WH, including graham and pompeo. Besides, once he is no longer sitting POTUS, no bizarre OLC opinion can prevent him from being prosecuted, and no pardon can save him from the State of NY, where he is already under investigation for various crimes including bank fraud and insurance fraud, plus he is currently an unindicted co-conspirator in the Stormy Daniels payoff that landed Michael Cohen in jail. He will be knee deep in legal matters, likely for years, and he could end up behind bars.

There is certainly precedent in developed countries for holding leaders to the same legal standard as everyday citizens. South Korea has jailed a number of its former leaders for corruption. The US needs to send a message both to the US and to the rest of the world, that no one in the US is above the law.

SDNY has been very clear they will be pouncing on 45 and his crime family on or about 21 Jan 2021.

1 minute ago, PattayaJames said:

Absolute <deleted> 

Did you read this?

President Donald Trump falsely claimed victory over Democratic rival Joe Biden on Wednesday with millions of votes still uncounted in a White House race that will not be decided until a handful of states complete vote-counting over the next hours or days.

Shortly after Biden said he was confident of winning the contest once the votes are counted, Trump appeared at the White House to declare victory and said his lawyers would be taking his case to the U.S. Supreme Court, without specifying what they would claim.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1190605-trump-falsely-claims-victory-with-votes-uncounted-rival-biden-confident/#comments

1 minute ago, J Town said:

SDNY has been very clear they will be pouncing on 45 and his crime family on or about 21 Jan 2021.

Do you have a source for that?  The DoJ decision on whether to prosecute Trump is not likely to made at the level of the US Attorney.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Did you read this?

Don't see how that backs up your made up statement: It wasn't about observers. It was about stopping the count. He later changed his post to Stop the Fraud when his advisors pointed out that he would lose the election if it were stopped when he asked for it. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

Do you have a source for that?  The DoJ decision on whether to prosecute Trump is not likely to made at the level of the US Attorney.

Mueller made it clear himself that his detailed report was intended, in part, to “preserve the evidence” because “a President does not have immunity after he leaves office.”

If I were a betting man, seeing how SDNY fought all the way up to the Supreme Court to get 45's tax returns, I'd go all in for SDNY.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/06/06/how-trump-could-be-prosecuted-after-the-white-house-227050

Mueller made it clear himself that his detailed report was intended, in part, to “preserve the evidence” because “a President does not have immunity after he leaves office.”

If I were a betting man, seeing how SDNY fought all the way up to the Supreme Court to get 45's tax returns, I'd go all in for SDNY.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/06/06/how-trump-could-be-prosecuted-after-the-white-house-227050

There's also some doubt about whether a President can pardon himself. The Constitution stipulates the Oath of Office wherein the President swears faithfully to uphold the laws of the United States. Seems there might be an internal contradiction there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Don't see how that backs up your made up statement: It wasn't about observers. It was about stopping the count. He later changed his post to Stop the Fraud when his advisors pointed out that he would lose the election if it were stopped when he asked for it. 

How about "STOP THE TWEETING"

• Like 2

Just now, placeholder said:

There's also some doubt about whether a President can pardon himself. The Constitution stipulates the Oath of Office wherein the President swears faithfully to uphold the laws of the United States. Seems there might be an internal contradiction there.

SDNY prosecution isn't covered by a presidential pardon. His orange goose is COOKED!

• Haha 1

SDNY prosecution isn't covered by a presidential pardon. His orange goose is COOKED!

I realize that but he may also be subject to Federal prosecution. And if he pardons his co-conspirators for all crimes they may have committed then they can be compelled to testify since self-incrimination would no longer be possible. Still, given the obvious political prejudice of the majority of justices, it's a long shot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

There are two things at play.

First, the State AG of NY already has 45 under investigation for numerous possible crimes, including bank and insurance fraud.  No Presidential Pardon can impact a State, so the NY AG can do as she pleases.

Second, assuming Biden wins, there is a new AG on 20 January 2021, and perhaps a new head of SDNY. They can pursue whatever charges they want against 45.

I said I do not see how the link you provided in any way backed up the statement you made. 

I"m not going to quibble with you about your lack of command of paragraph structure. So let's go on to what he said. He said vote counting should be stopped. He didn't say it should be paused.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I"m not going to quibble with you about your lack of command of paragraph structure. So let's go on to what he said. He said vote counting should be stopped. He didn't say it should be paused.

He also did not say it should be stopped and called as it stands at that moment.

• Confused 1