Thai Police roll out new formats for traffic tickets

webfact

2 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

They should copy the strict traffic law from Switzerland or German and really strictly enforce it.

I have lived most of my life in Switzerland. And NO - you would not want to have Swiss Traffic Law. It is stupendously exaggerated - makes you paranoid. How much better is the Thai solution as is - IF you take care while driving.

The mistake we make is comparing Western democracies with Thailand.Western society is based on the separation of powers.Charles Montesquieu

(1790-1830).A football player cannot play for a team and be a referee at the same time.In Thailand the police executive power is at the same time also the judiciary power (they receive the fines).As long as there are no changes to the "governance system" and there is a division of powers, corruption will thrive and malpractice will continue.If you look at the traffic fines you will notice that it says from x baht to x bath.Even more so sometimes it is geographically determined there yes and not here.

The " trias politica " is the basic principles of democracy.

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

What about the ever popular "Cash Settlement Here and Now"? ????

If they demand cash or want to look in your wallet you get your phone out and start making pictures....Film licenseplates, nametags, anything which can proof what happened. They will let you go asap...

37 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Will be even less plates on now...

I havent had one for nearly 3  months, dealer hasnt  issued me the book either, got some note  in glovebox  of the car to wave to Police from the dealer, to prove Im the  owner no speeding tickets for me..no  number

• Haha 1

More   the complication   the  more  likely  just to pay on spot  fine   (green  back  copy)  as  always  

Police  some not even  educated enought o fill these out  

What  is wrong with you Thailand  changes  have to  be made  before you go down the  drain totally

To enforce  strict  law you need  good Police

Strict   laws  will never happen in Thailnd   

Police  underpaid   ...too  many  people    ...too many   vehicles on the roads....Thai  hate  being told what to do  or obey rules

Good Luck Thailand 

• Like 2

I wonder if the Thai Police have discovered self carbonating paper yet?  That would save those poor policemen who realise later that they'd 'forgotten' the carbon paper from having to write out the bottom copies from 'memory'.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Jeez, how convoluted. The Thais and their incomprehensible love for unnecessarily inflated paperwork and multiple copies of everything. Just look at all the information that needs to be filled in!

You are forgetting this is their version of the digital Thailand 4.0 project.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

What, are you suggesting...

Perish the thought, an abomiñable suggestion, unworthy of even being uttered...

Shame on you!

Changing tack, in an attempt to redirect the conversation from your scurrilous overtones I note that you have to pay the mailed out fine within two days! When, ever, has Thailand post delivered ordinary mail within two days?

It once took 6 weeks! on a test to receive a letter from my nearest post box, and 2 weeks when i posted it directly outside the post office When has Thailand Post ever delivered anything to my new house, well i can tell you, once last year and never since then. Still have never received my first TOT bill after my internet was cut off i went to TOT office which is directly behind the post office, 'we sent the bill', move directly to bank and set up direct debit. Useless they are. Rant almost over. I have many more about Thai non post.

I will feel way safer now to see parked cars chain-locked with a better looking ticket, and seeing the motorbike driver in front of me being issued these tickets for not wearing a helmet.

Safety first, Thanks for that....

Come to think of it, why would police with guns waste their time issuing tickets to parked cars, (safe for them I must admit), rather than doing safety and security related tasks that they have been trained for. Just give nicer uniforms to plain security officers, and equip them with only a pad of these revised tickets...

Apart from the sleepy and distracted car drivers most offences are committed by the dangerous motorcy, how they ever going to stop them ????????‍♂️
They surely love wasting paper and needless to say time !

Another utterly useless idea ????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, new2here said:

i agree ... unless the issue was such that a physical officer from a specific police office/unit was on scene and some form of an investigation took place (ie a crash or injuries) then i see no reason why a basic fines couldn’t be payable at any police station nationwide.

They probably know the money would get lost.

31 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I will feel way safer now to see parked cars chain-locked with a better looking ticket, and seeing the motorbike driver in front of me being issued these tickets for not wearing a helmet.

Safety first, Thanks for that....

Come to think of it, why would police with guns waste their time issuing tickets to parked cars, (safe for them I must admit), rather than doing safety and security related tasks that they have been trained for. Just give nicer uniforms to plain security officers, and equip them with only a pad of these revised tickets...

how do you KNOW they have been TRAINED ??

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Looking at the form, it is designed to ensure no policeman in his right-mind would ever complete one......

It is not particularly new, other than possibly of putting it on vehicles.

Over a year ago my wife was caught in a mobile speed trap near Ao Yang, about 200 yards from our destination, and was issued with a ticket as the image above. The policeman showed her a photo of the vehicle with the speed superimposed, no mention of money, just filled in some basic details, ticked a few boxes and signed it. A copy of the photo and the fine came through the post a couple of weeks later.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

It is not particularly new, other than possibly of putting it on vehicles.

Over a year ago my wife was caught in a mobile speed trap near Ao Yang, about 200 yards from our destination, and was issued with a ticket as the image above. The policeman showed her a photo of the vehicle with the speed superimposed, no mention of money, just filled in some basic details, ticked a few boxes and signed it. A copy of the photo and the fine came through the post a couple of weeks later.

Wow...got 'fined' 400B the other week for 'driving on a bit of road' the police said I shouldn't drive on......the 'bit' was the lefthand lane of a dual carriageway.....no point in arguing.

• Like 1