What do you use as your news source?

On 11/8/2020 at 5:01 PM, alien365 said:

It's now too difficult to read due to the ridiculous amount of intrusive advertising. I used to like it for the comments section

Re Daily Mail and ads;     Use an adblocker and it is easy to read!

The same applies to TV.

Edited by fangless

I haven't watched UK TV media for almost 20 years.  Recently, I started to use easyview to watch the BBC and ITV channels.  Having been in a 'time-warp' for 20 years, I quickly came to these conclusions:

- The only news and programme announcers have to come from Manchester or within earshot of The Bow Bells.  If you speak RP English, then you won't get a job!

- If you're Caucasian, then go to the back of the queue when it comes to appearing on UK TV media.

- If you're physically-disabled, then you've got the job!  (I'm all for fair rules and opportunities for those with any form of disability, but positive discrimination in the UK media seems to have gone overboard...)

- Oh I forgot!  The actual programmes on the UK TV media are puerile and insult my intelligence.  They have a strong left-wing bias.

I've stopped watching easyview because it did nothing to enrich my life or to honestly inform me about news events.

In short, the UK TV media sucks!!  Absolute <deleted>!  It completely put me off ever returning to live in the UK in my advanced years.

I think I'll go back to getting my news from NHK and the like...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simon43 said:

I haven't watched UK TV media for almost 20 years.  Recently, I started to use easyview to watch the BBC and ITV channels.  Having been in a 'time-warp' for 20 years, I quickly came to these conclusions:

- The only news and programme announcers have to come from Manchester or within earshot of The Bow Bells.  If you speak RP English, then you won't get a job!

- If you're Caucasian, then go to the back of the queue when it comes to appearing on UK TV media.

- If you're physically-disabled, then you've got the job!  (I'm all for fair rules and opportunities for those with any form of disability, but positive discrimination in the UK media seems to have gone overboard...)

- Oh I forgot!  The actual programmes on the UK TV media are puerile and insult my intelligence.  They have a strong left-wing bias.

I've stopped watching easyview because it did nothing to enrich my life or to honestly inform me about news events.

In short, the UK TV media sucks!!  Absolute <deleted>!  It completely put me off ever returning to live in the UK in my advanced years.

I think I'll go back to getting my news from NHK and the like...

UK media isn't, or wasn't all sucks. I loved all the wonderful series that were on ITV, like Poirot.

I'll agree that the BBC news was pathetic though.

I used to love Dr Who, but they even made that PC.

The days of fantastic shows like The Edge of Darkness are long over though.

I wonder how they made the new Spitting Image PC enough though.

• Like 1

I SENT THIS TO THE BBC THIS MORNING

RE: "PRESIDENT-ELECT BIDEN"! 

Your "news" articles continue to use the term "President-elect Biden", following projections from various media and yourselves as to who has been the winner of the 2020 US elections.

By what right do you declare Biden as the next President of the USA?  It is exclusively the right of the Electoral College, an august body which will only convene on 14th December, and cast its votes on 20th December?

Providing grist to the mill, and which may potentially affect the election outcome, are a number of legal actions either being, or to be, brought by the Trump campaign. Hence, the final result is not yet confirmed.

The bottom line is that you are deceiving your readership, making the BBC no better than the right-wing media you deride, and certainly no better than the current American President, DJ Trump, who you have done your best to subvert over the past nearly four years.

If you wish to continue to wear the mantle of being a trustworthy authority, then surely you should correct some of your basic propaganda?

We, the readers of your website, deserve better.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, allanos said:

I SENT THIS TO THE BBC THIS MORNING

RE: "PRESIDENT-ELECT BIDEN"! 

Your "news" articles continue to use the term "President-elect Biden", following projections from various media and yourselves as to who has been the winner of the 2020 US elections.

By what right do you declare Biden as the next President of the USA?  It is exclusively the right of the Electoral College, an august body which will only convene on 14th December, and cast its votes on 20th December?

Providing grist to the mill, and which may potentially affect the election outcome, are a number of legal actions either being, or to be, brought by the Trump campaign. Hence, the final result is not yet confirmed.

The bottom line is that you are deceiving your readership, making the BBC no better than the right-wing media you deride, and certainly no better than the current American President, DJ Trump, who you have done your best to subvert over the past nearly four years.

If you wish to continue to wear the mantle of being a trustworthy authority, then surely you should correct some of your basic propaganda?

We, the readers of your website, deserve better.

And their reply should be a simple two words, with the second one being "off"!

• Haha 2

[quote]

UK media isn't, or wasn't all sucks. I loved all the wonderful series that were on ITV, like Poirot.

[/quote]

True, I found Inspector Morse and Midsomer Murders on these channels.  I need to compile a list of decent programmes with day and time to watch....

• Like 1