MG Extender : good pickup truck ?

Emmarose

5 minutes ago, faraday said:

Rubbish.

Yes they really are rubbish. My cousin had one, a complete s...heap.

Since the 1930s, a lot has happened to that company. The company would fall on financial troubles and be sold numerous times. By 2005, British Motor Corporation Limited, British Leyland Motor Corporation, British Leyland, and Rover Group would all have their hands on the company.

In July 2005, the company fell on hard times again and was picked up by a Chinese company, Nanjing Automobile Group. Later to merge with Shanghai Automobile Industry Corporation or SAIC. 

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/what-happened-to-mg/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Yes they really are rubbish. My cousin had one, a complete s...heap.

Since the 1930s, a lot has happened to that company. The company would fall on financial troubles and be sold numerous times. By 2005, British Motor Corporation Limited, British Leyland Motor Corporation, British Leyland, and Rover Group would all have their hands on the company.

In July 2005, the company fell on hard times again and was picked up by a Chinese company, Nanjing Automobile Group. Later to merge with Shanghai Automobile Industry Corporation or SAIC. 

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/what-happened-to-mg/

Think we all know that stuff, but why do you quote the British MG performance brand is rubbish...?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emmarose said:

Hi, i need to buy a pickup, the MG Extender 4 cabs is cheap, what do you think of it ? 

Thanks for your advice

Suggest you checkout facebook group Car,Complaints,Thailand and do a search on pantip

The question you need to ask yourself is why are they cheap

1 hour ago, Natai Beach said:

You got something posted right and SAIC have made it just as good as the MG models always were.

29 minutes ago, transam said:

I have owned a 1964 MG, I have worked on many too, way back when. ????

MGB.jpg.c526eb877effa8536766ff1cbd1165f0.jpg

You say rubbish performance, well I can tell you that for the era(s) they were not.

What "British" MG have you driven...?

Your "4 pot performance is rubbish" is daft....Plus, MG's had 6 and 8 pots in their line up...

My cousin had one when we shared a business together. So I was often in it. MGB about 1970 from memory. A creamy yellow color.

Noisy, rattles from everywhere, uncomfortable seats and a leaky roof. Always in the garage. I am trying to think of a worse car that I have spent any amount of time in, but can’t.

Girlfriend at the time had a little corolla Seca was heaps quicker. I had a 928s at the time, polar opposite to the MG “performance sports-car”

Nice of you to patriotically defend your brand, but they are well known for being unreliable s...heaps. You said yourself you have worked on many.

Don’t take it personally. I understand they appeal to some people, more the styling than anything else. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Natai Beach said:

My cousin had one when we shared a business together. So I was often in it. MGB about 1970 from memory. A creamy yellow color.

Noisy, rattles from everywhere, uncomfortable seats and a leaky roof. Always in the garage. I am trying to think of a worse car that I have spent any amount of time in, but can’t.

Girlfriend at the time had a little corolla Seca was heaps quicker. I had a 928s at the time, polar opposite to the MG “performance sports-car”

Nice of you to patriotically defend your brand, but they are well known for being unreliable s...heaps. You said yourself you have worked on many.

Don’t take it personally. I understand they appeal to some people, more the styling than anything else. 

So you drove your cousins lemon to trash MG's.....????

Would you also trash the very famous Austin/Morris Mini Cooper S, who used the same engine build as the MG Midget....

To make a modern day comparison, my weeeee non turbo 998cc Suzuki Celerio has around the same HP as the old school Mini Cooper S....????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

After seeing all you girls get so defensive I thought I would look for another opinion. 
Pretty much what I think of them. All show, no go. 

I don't like being called a girl, so stop baiting....

Anyone can find a video on any car that has had problems, from a Rolls Royce to the humble mini.... 

But just for you a pic of the MGB V8 drive train .....????......Oh, and they did put a 3000cc 6 pot into an MGB too, model was called an MGC.....

MGBV8.jpg.5ce134ab084d2e54eb7b0d6696f5c71c.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, transam said:

So you drove your cousins lemon to trash MG's.....????

Would you also trash the very famous Austin/Morris Mini Cooper S, who used the same engine build as the MG Midget....

To make a modern day comparison, my weeeee non turbo 998cc Suzuki Celerio has around the same HP as the old school Mini Cooper S....????

Cant really be bothered arguing about Chinese owned MG anymore.
The first post asked for an opinion. I gave it. 

Sorry for any face loss caused. I didn’t realize it was such a sensitive issue. 

i wouldn’t buy one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Natai Beach said:

Cant really be bothered arguing about Chinese owned MG anymore.
The first post asked for an opinion. I gave it. 

Sorry for any face loss caused. I didn’t realize it was such a sensitive issue. 

i wouldn’t buy one.

Well at least you've learned something today.....:thumbsup:

Plus I am sure there is no loss of face too, just ol' MG car owners.......:tongue:

37 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't like being called a girl, so stop baiting....

Anyone can find a video on any car that has had problems, from a Rolls Royce to the humble mini.... 

But just for you a pic of the MGB V8 drive train .....????......Oh, and they did put a 3000cc 6 pot into an MGB too, model was called an MGC.....

MGBV8.jpg.5ce134ab084d2e54eb7b0d6696f5c71c.jpg

Great pic,  on my 1800 'B' MGB hard top I changed the SU's for twin choke webers gave it that little kick back at certain revs good fun. 

• Like 1