Daughter left Thailand on UK Passport

Hello,

Does anyone know how much of an issue this will be in the future.

Wife (Thai) daughter dual nationality, (Thai/British) left the UK last weekend to join me in the UK.

Unfortunately our daughter left on her UK passport and not the Thai passport, will this be a problem moving forward and how /when can it be resolved. 

I don't expect they will be going back short term, it will be at least 18 months.

Thanks Nick

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

Similarly I am surprised that she managed to leave on her British passport without a TM7 inside it. Provided she has her Thai passport with her she will have no problems returning to Thailand with her Thai passport. 

Not only the lack of a TM6, I am amazed Thai immigration did not question the fact that there was no entry in to Thailand on the British passport, with no record of anything in the immigration database, is the OP sure she cleared Thai immigration with the British passport and didn't just show the passport to the check in staff as proof of not requiring a UK visa?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Not only the lack of a TM6, I am amazed Thai immigration did not question the fact that there was no entry in to Thailand on the British passport, with no record of anything in the immigration database, is the OP sure she cleared Thai immigration with the British passport and didn't just show the passport to the check in staff as proof of not requiring a UK visa?

I know it was shown to Thai Air at check-in. Neither passport has been stamped on this occasion. Our daughter has in bound and outbound stamps in the Thai passport from 2016.

28 minutes ago, Nickthegreek said:

I know it was shown to Thai Air at check-in. Neither passport has been stamped on this occasion. Our daughter has in bound and outbound stamps in the Thai passport from 2016.

In this case it seems she did actually leave on her Thai passport then, showing at check in has no link to the immigration and Thais do not get their passport stamped anymore on exit. (most use the e-gates)

Regardless, she will have no problem entering in to Thailand again using her Thai passport.

Showing UK passport at the Ticket desk is a good move, as that gets around the no uk visa in the thai passport. No doubt she used the Thai Passport with immigration. She would have had problems if she tried to leave on the UK one if it didnt have an entry stamp.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brock said:

Showing UK passport at the Ticket desk is a good move, as that gets around the no uk visa in the thai passport. No doubt she used the Thai Passport with immigration. She would have had problems if she tried to leave on the UK one if it didnt have an entry stamp.

She only showed the UK passport to immigration, my wife was in possession of the Thai passport. I don't really understand what went on.

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

In this case it seems she did actually leave on her Thai passport then, showing at check in has no link to the immigration and Thais do not get their passport stamped anymore on exit. (most use the e-gates)

Regardless, she will have no problem entering in to Thailand again using her Thai passport.

My wife's passport was stamped as she left.

15 hours ago, Brock said:

My friend entered UK on UK passport and left for Thailand with an Australian passport (as that was the passport his Thai visa was in), no problem. Before covid. She can return on her Thai passport. She does not need to show both passports to the best of my knowledge.

Edited by brianthainess

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My friend entered UK on UK passport and left for Thailand with an Australian passport (as that was the passport his Thai visa was in), no problem. Before covid. She can return on her Thai passport. She does not need to show both passports to the best of my knowledge.

You will need to show the same passport at check in as you used to book the ticket. If that passport is of a different country to where you are going, the airline will ask about visas. If you don't have a visa, and you are travelling to a country where one is needed, showing a passport from that country will be required.