long shot ?? for TM 7

Hi all , 

I have been with the same thai girlfriend for 12 years now this will be the first time ive never been in thailand for 14 years due to the pandemic, so i have looked at all possibility  of obtaining some kind of visa before jumping through all the hoops required to return to thailand and the TM 7 seems the best long shot !!

I have been with same lady fore 12 years but never married , i  support her financially  which i can produce the evidence off this, would Thai immigration accept common law wife as the  UK  would ?

Has anybody else been down this road and been successful or will I just be beating my head against a brick wall  !

Thanks in advance for any information or help you might give me on this topic !!

• Confused 1

TM7 is to apply for an extension. First you have to be in Thailand, then you could apply for an extension, this has nothing to do with being allowed to enter.

3 hours ago, Salford soidog said:

I have been with same lady fore 12 years but never married , i  support her financially  which i can produce the evidence off this, would Thai immigration accept common law wife as the  UK  would ?

No

• Thanks 1

Todays update : https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562    60 day tourist visa now in play : if you scroll down to bottom of page, still a lot of hoops to jump through and a 14 day lockdown to endure , but endure I will. So should be 15 and counting.

Thanks for all the input guys  

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

There is now the option of a Single Entry Tourist Visa, it does require a sizeable bank deposit for 6 months though.( £12,800)

yes i've seen it , must have had a balance of no less than £12,800 in bank account for last 6 months each month, not sure if it means current account ,savings account or business account. I can meet criteria  on  2 of the 3 i've  mentioned so should be good to go .  

3 hours ago, Salford soidog said:

yes i've seen it , must have had a balance of no less than £12,800 in bank account for last 6 months each month, not sure if it means current account ,savings account or business account. I can meet criteria  on  2 of the 3 i've  mentioned so should be good to go .  

Go for it.... beats Salford!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I thought that only travellers from low risk countries were allowed to enter on a tourist visa?

The only visa that requires "from low risk countries" is STV.

Other visas such as non O-A and "updated" TV  etc do not have that requirement.

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The only visa that requires "from low risk countries" is STV.

Other visas such as non O-A and "updated" TV  etc do not have that requirement.

I had a few days away recently so maybe I missed something but Thailand is open for 'normal' tourists now??

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I had a few days away recently so maybe I missed something but Thailand is open for 'normal' tourists now??

They have a "list" and been adding few categories to it. Non O-A and O-X was added.

Then then put few extra requirements onto tourist visa and added it.

Also added nonsense "special tourist visa" STV......which in reality is in the main for China.

The STV requires you to be traveling from low risk country.

Edited by DrJack54

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The STV requires you to be traveling from low risk country.

Yes, I know about the STV but it sounds crazy to me if someone has to jump through all the hoops and come from a low risk country to obtain a STV but people from high risk countries can just get a normal TV.

Quarantine is required for both right?

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

It is required for everybody entering the country.

I didn't think they'd miss off the quarantine.  Maybe I'm missing something but it seems that (subject to hoops being jumped on both types), people from high risk countries can enter for 60 days (TV), whilst those from low risk countries can stay for 90+ days (STV).  Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I didn't think they'd miss off the quarantine.  Maybe I'm missing something but it seems that (subject to hoops being jumped on both types), people from high risk countries can enter for 60 days (TV), whilst those from low risk countries can stay for 90+ days (STV).  Doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Different visas have different conditions. 

Keep in mind the STV is completely new offering. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Different visas have different conditions. 

Keep in mind the STV is completely new offering. 

I get that but........

The STV was, as I understand it, an effort to begin getting some tourists back to start making inroads into the massive defecit the tourism industry is facing. To that end, I believe that long stayers were targeted as they would most likely spend more money.  I could never quite understand why those tourists must come from a low risk country as they would be quarantined they same as all other groups.

Now we have a 60 day tourist visa available again and but doesn't matter where the tourist comes from.

Seems like many things visa related in Thailand - nonsensical and not thought through.

15 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I could never quite understand why those tourists must come from a low risk country as they would be quarantined they same as all other groups

The STV (imo) was always designed for Chinese. Was easy to arrange/control flights. I recall that AirAsia was planned to be carrier.

Also they planned a cap. Think it was 1200/month. Peanuts.

In the main it's all about capacity to quarantine. Au is still having big issues with this, and that's just for its own citizens.

Given the recent news regarding Covid 19 Vaccines, I wonder what Thailand's response will be if any of these vaccines show an ability to prevent the recipient from becoming infectious - will they be allowed in without quarantine?

When questioned during a TV interview, the UK virus Gurus said that the results released so far did not identify whether the vaccine prevented the recipient from becoming infectious but the hope was that it would.

Clearly that would be a massive bonus but I suspect that Thailand will still insist on quarantine for all visa types. If they want to wait until the entire Thai population is vaccinated - quarantine is going to be with us for a long time. The tourist industry is not even going to start recovering with just a 60 day TV and a 90 day STV.