Video: Thai driver has a pretty amazing excuse for fleeing scene of an accident

webfact

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Just like in China, a Mia Noi (concubine in China and a mistress to the rest of us) is common practice and the majority of wives know about them.  In fact some wives actively encourage their husbands to have one as long as they retain their status as wife number one.  The Mia Noi gets all the perks of being a mistress.  She gets wined and dined, often her housing and expenses are paid for and of course lot's of little gifts to keep her sweet.

I would say don't try to put western values on this but quite honestly things are not that different in the West either.  You just need deeper pockets there.

Western values? The French have been doing this for centuries...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

A few years ago a police officer flagged me to stop. I didn't and he chased me. He caught me after about 10 km and asked why I didn't stop?

I told him that my wife left me for a police officer, and when he tried to stop me I thought he was the 1 she left me for and that he wants to give her back...

Oldie but goodie

8 hours ago, robblok said:

That is what you said.. you seem to admire the guy. I did not write it down you did.

I been in a open relationship. Can give a lot of problems wont do it again.

If it's good enough for deleted, it's good enough for the hoi polloi.

8 hours ago, BobBKK said:

It amazes me that any girl would be a 'mia noi' fully knowing the scum she is with has a wife and family. 

Man-up if you want this new girl and divorce the wife, pay maintenance and stop being such a scum-bag.

I’d say you’re just making a case against marriage. 

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Just like in China, a Mia Noi (concubine in China and a mistress to the rest of us) is common practice and the majority of wives know about them.  In fact some wives actively encourage their husbands to have one as long as they retain their status as wife number one.  The Mia Noi gets all the perks of being a mistress.  She gets wined and dined, often her housing and expenses are paid for and of course lot's of little gifts to keep her sweet.

I would say don't try to put western values on this but quite honestly things are not that different in the West either.  You just need deeper pockets there.

Yes, I have worked for lots of super-wealthy men, who predominantly do have mia-nois. Chinese (including BKK/Singapore/HK) especially but French and Italians too. The Chinese have houses in Sentosa and megayachts, the Europeans have chateaux and titles as well. Americans and Brits have pre-nups..

Buddhist should not lie, even in front of the evil situation.

Do not speak about something other than Thai real culture: the one from the King is Buddha.

Do not lie. That's all. You lie = you failed and loose your face.

It can not be different there and that is something i support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katatonic said:

Yes, I have worked for lots of super-wealthy men, who predominantly do have mia-nois. Chinese (including BKK/Singapore/HK) especially but French and Italians too. The Chinese have houses in Sentosa and megayachts, the Europeans have chateaux and titles as well. Americans and Brits have pre-nups..

There is also the one who doesn't have "mia noi" and doesn't lie. They are just discreet, do not bother anyone and are often jealous precisely because they do not slant and send a guilty image to those who lie and have a double life.

Those who lie and rich double life that I consider to be psychologically fragile (not really men i think, but much adolescent one) people and who do not assume much (ease).

Afterwards, there are also libertarian couples, it is something else since it is assumed and a choice of life for both side (even if it is not my choice, I understand that it can be done, since the two parts are of agree and don't do anything wrong, don't lie and are both free).

We can not said everybody are the same person.But we could still consider the merit of reliable and serious people as they are. Temptations exist, they are all the stronger when you are successful, and resisting is something that demonstrates a mental strength that would be socially positive if it was recognized for its true value.

So the problem is not to be fragile, but to not recognize the stronger one as they are. The other are... the other. The idea of justice is a very peaceful and good idea for society, it helps people to grow, it helps human to become better. Let's talk more about the best one as an example... it should not be a problem to recognize facts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

There is also the one who doesn't have "mia noi" and doesn't lie. They are just discreet, do not bother anyone and are often jealous precisely because they do not slant and send a guilty image to those who lie and have a double life.

Those who lie and rich double life that I consider to be psychologically fragile (not really men i think, but much adolescent one) people and who do not assume much (ease).

Afterwards, there are also libertarian couples, it is something else since it is assumed and a choice of life for both side (even if it is not my choice, I understand that it can be done, since the two parts are of agree and don't do anything wrong, don't lie and are both free).

We can not said everybody are the same person.But we could still consider the merit of reliable and serious people as they are. Temptations exist, they are all the stronger when you are successful, and resisting is something that demonstrates a mental strength that would be socially positive if it was recognized for its true value.

So the problem is not to be fragile, but to not recognize the stronger one as they are. The other are... the other. The idea of justice is a very peaceful and good idea for society, it helps people to grow, it helps human to become better. Let's talk more about the best one as an example... it should not be a problem to recognize facts.

I fully agree with you

13 hours ago, BobBKK said:

It amazes me that any girl would be a 'mia noi' fully knowing the scum she is with has a wife and family. 

Man-up if you want this new girl and divorce the wife, pay maintenance and stop being such a scum-bag.

All the girl cares about is getting paid 

12 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

His best bet is to go home, stroll in like nothings happened, when she starts yapping,

just say, you, put yer knickers back on an make me a cup o tea.

In Thailand its a blokes world.

Tell my wife that and you won't wake up in the morning 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BobBKK said:

It's something that's always been part of the culture here. Polygamy was only officially unrecognized in civil law less than 100yrs ago (1935).

You can abolish it in law, but it's harder to change some people's attitudes... Some girls are just that ruthless, they just see it as competition, for them, becoming a Mistress/Mia Noi is just a stepping stone to becoming a Mia Luang.

I know someone who has a Mia Luang, the wife got her best friend to come live with them. I suspect the friend is basically his Mia Noi now and the wife seems to be completely happy with it... She might see it as having another friend to help raise the kids?

On 11/10/2020 at 10:35 AM, BobBKK said:

A family is a husband and wife but you seem to think the cheating little mia noi is ok?  and the husband?  he is a hypocrite and a cheating scumbag. Divorce his wife and have some ethics. Thinks, for a minute, inside your scull how it feels for his wife? I think you 'do not thinketh enough"

Admirable ethics on your part...can you explain to me how on earth you could be such an ardent Trump supporter? You just figure that ethics are for ordinary folk, but that the rich and powerful get a different set or what?

On 11/10/2020 at 9:05 AM, BobBKK said:

Most mia noi's know they are mia noi...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JCauto said:

Admirable ethics on your part...can you explain to me how on earth you could be such an ardent Trump supporter? You just figure that ethics are for ordinary folk, but that the rich and powerful get a different set or what?

Here they do 

Women in Thailand survive and often support their families using sex as the currency with rich (to them) foreigners or locals. The alternative is for them and their families to starve. Don't be too hard on the mistress for choosing to survive. The job situation is dire especially for the illiterate who often work in the 'hospitality' industry which was collapsing before Covid due to the strong Thai Baht, 60% less tourists overall and is now a dead industry

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 10:35 AM, BobBKK said:

A family is a husband and wife but you seem to think the cheating little mia noi is ok?  and the husband?  he is a hypocrite and a cheating scumbag. Divorce his wife and have some ethics. Thinks, for a minute, inside your scull how it feels for his wife? I think you 'do not thinketh enough"

meh, the wife prolly copping a length from elsewhere too.

• Haha 1