No more cash payments for fines at police checkpoints - warnings for first time speeders

webfact

This 2km is worrying. I remember getting fined once and the cop took my keys. I had to get a motosy taxi, pay the fine, then come back and find the cop. The motosy taxis were thick as flys around a helmet checkpoint. There is no way the cops are just going to let you go " just go down there and pay the fine", they will have to basically impound the vehicle like they used to. I hope not.

1 hour ago, Bluetongue said:

This 2km is worrying. I remember getting fined once and the cop took my keys. I had to get a motosy taxi, pay the fine, then come back and find the cop. The motosy taxis were thick as flys around a helmet checkpoint. There is no way the cops are just going to let you go " just go down there and pay the fine", they will have to basically impound the vehicle like they used to. I hope not.

That must of been some time ago,  I can't see anything like that happening like that nowadays. 

Edited by Kwasaki

4 hours ago, webfact said:

So he said that he has spoken to the new commander of the highway police, Pol Maj-Gen Ekkarat Limsangkat, to reorganise checkpoints so that fines are paid 2 kilometers away from where they are issued. 

Why not just state that all fines are to be paid at the nearest police station to where the perpetrator lives? alternatively the nearest 7-11 ..................LOL 

• Like 1