Police say female teacher denies kicking boy, 5, in face

snoop1130

Police say female teacher denies kicking boy, 5, in face

By The Phuket News

1605002536_1-org.jpg

The boy’s grandmother speaks with social workers while Pongsathorn Chanponto, Director of Wichit Songkram School sites beside her last Friday (Nov 6). Screenshot: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- A female kindergarten teacher at Wichit Songkram School has had a holding charge filed against her by police for causing bodily harm to a 5-year-old boy in her class, but has denied kicking the boy in the face.

The teacher, who remains unnamed since the incident came to light last Friday, has been temporarily charged under Section 295 of the Criminal Code, Capt Surachart Thongyai of the Wichit police confirmed to The Phuket News today (Nov 10).

Section 295 stipulates that whoever commits an act, causing injury to the other person in body or mind is said to commit bodily harm, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding B4,000, or both.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-say-female-teacher-denies-kicking-boy-5-in-face-77937.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-10

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This child abuse from teachers appears to have become an epidemic. Or maybe it was always there

Five years ago it was happening EVERY.... SINGLE.... DAY.    I saw kids who were about 10 years old (maybe 8 or 9 or 10) getting hit on the head, ears pulled, hit on the back HARD, and HIT very hard with a ruler on their hands......like the lady would jump in the air to have more energy when the ruler came down.  

i've said it before.....AFTER the fact I told the police.  no video, they did talk with a few teachers but I'm pretty sure nothing happened.  

I have a feeling it was much worse twenty-years ago.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Five years ago it was happening EVERY.... SINGLE.... DAY.    I saw kids who were about 10 years old (maybe 8 or 9 or 10) getting hit on the head, ears pulled, hit on the back HARD, and HIT very hard with a ruler on their hands......like the lady would jump in the air to have more energy when the ruler came down.  

i've said it before.....AFTER the fact I told the police.  no video, they did talk with a few teachers but I'm pretty sure nothing happened.  

I have a feeling it was much worse twenty-years ago.

So now it's those kids doing the same to the kids of today....

This is now they were educated. Give me the boy until they are seven, and I will give you the man.....That was the Jesuit motto, alleged to be attributed to Francis Xavier, the co-founder of the Jesuit Order. The implication is that the best opportunity to indoctrinate a person in a lifetime of belief and devotion to religious dogma is when they are young.

The kids back then learnt from the teachers then, and behave the same now, as that is how they believe teachers should behave. 'That's now teachers behaved when I was a kid and it did me no harm...'

• Like 2

Thailand seems to be a violent society and it appears that this violence is being taught by teachers in schools during the children's formative years. Children learn by example and the example given by Thai teachers is that violence is the method for solving problems and 'might is right'. The children carry this with them and apply it in their adult lives (after all, if the respected teacher does it then it is the proper way to behave)  hence the  violent and often tragic results of arguments reported so frequently by the Thai press.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RobU said:

Thailand seems to be a violent society and it appears that this violence is being taught by teachers in schools during the children's formative years. Children learn by example and the example given by Thai teachers is that violence is the method for solving problems and 'might is right'. The children carry this with them and apply it in their adult lives (after all, if the respected teacher does it then it is the proper way to behave)  hence the  violent and often tragic results of arguments reported so frequently by the Thai press.

"Thailand seems to be a violent society".

As apposed to where?