Bangkok Bank online international transfer – Error Message – Any Ideas

I am trying to transfer a small amount of money to my UK HSBC bank account using my Thailand Bangkok Bank’s iBanking web page.

I have successfully set up my Bangkok Bank account with my UK HSBC bank account number allowing me to transfer money from my Thai Bangkok Bank account to my UK HSBC bank account .

When I click and request Bangkok Bank to do the transfer to my UK HSBC bank account I keep getting this notice

[ Transaction error. The To Account may be closed or restricted hours for transferring funds. For further assistance, please call Bualuang Phone at 1333 or +66 (0) 2645 5555. (-23)]

I have tried doing the transfer at different times of the day , but still receive the same above error message .

Before I try and speak to some one at the Bangkok Bank’s telephone help line , I wondered if any one here had an idea as to why I keep getting this error message. I do not have any one in the UK who could arrange things from there.

The reason I am only transferring a small amount of money to my UK HSBC bank account is that I have just received an email from HSBC UK informing me that my HSBC bank account will soon be terminated because of it not being used for the last 3 months. And I want to keep that HSBC bank account alive.

I can still log onto that UK HSBC bank account from Thailand without a problem and its still currently active.

Any comments or advice please.

I agree with PhetPhet I was told I had to have a work permit for them to set up a transfer to my UK account. I went into the branch and they will transfer it for you although I found that Dee money was cheaper and will set up a transfer to a UK bank without a work permit.

Before you can use Bangkok Bank ibanking for an international/SWIFT transfer you must have approval from Bangkok Bank which normally requires a farang having a work permit.   Their ibanking will allow you to walk thru the transfer but at the very last step unless you have previously provided Bankgok Bank the necessary paperwork to be authorized online international transfer you'll get an error message or the transfer request will be accepted (but placed on hold for 3 days) pending you providing the certain paperwork such as a work permit....if you don't provide the request paperwork within X-time the transfer request is cancelled.

It's a one time thing to get pre-aprroved for online transfers with Bangkok Bank...get approved for the first transfer and then you are not asked for subsequent international/SWIFT transfers.

• Like 1