Not receiving Lazada shipments from China

Sakeopete

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

IIRC 3D printers are controlled items.

Best to order from a seller with stock in Thailand. 

You are correct I didn't know they were controlled, LOL Thailand. I didn't read anything about spare parts being controlled. Some of the items I order get through its just Cainiao that seems to be a problem.

22 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

I am not receiving some COD orders from China. If the seller uses Cainaio delivery partner I never get the item and I can't cancel it because as soon as I place the order it generates a tracking number. After waiting weeks the Tracking Package status changes to   Your package has been mark as Failed Delivery and will be returned to seller.
Kindly provide us with feedback here! Reason: Prohibited Item
Nov.03 00:00  "  This has happened to 4 orders from different sellers (ordered 3D printer parts and tools). The sellers blame Lazada and Lazada says the sellers choses the delivery partners.

I have complained to LAZADA (mentioned Cainaio's bad feedback online) but despite their polite customer service they do nothing. They advise me to refuse the package if it does someday arrive, honestly I don't like that. I often make online orders and the delivery people know me, some even by name. I hate the thought of wasting their time refusing COD shipments. I wish LAZADA would just cancel the order.

Buying from China has become a hassle because I have to ask the seller what delivery partner they use before I purchase anything. If they use LEL Express my items arrive within a week. Unfortunately many Thai sellers now ship direct from China so there isn't much choice in country anymore. I will try using Shopee more often but I like Lazada's interface better.

Rant Over

Cainaio delivery partner?

Problems.

• Thanks 1

It’s not just Lazada or COD - there have been many times from aliexpress to be delivered by cainaio that never turn up - just little things, electrical components, screws, etc - I order duplicates to ensure delivery.

if it’s printer parts you need - I usually find the most reliable places are the manufacturers official stores on aliexpress.

There are a couple of places in Thailand that I buy from T-Make and korat 3D but they tend to be over twice the price of China  for little parts, it’s best to keep backup supplies.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 2

Ordering a controlled item is not a good idea, but then Lazada should not be selling them either.

Thai items ordered from Lazada have been quickly delivered but I have had long delays on Lazada items that turn out to be shipped from China.

I have always gotten quick delivery, and usually lower prices, with items bought from Chinese sellers on eBay. 

When you open eBay click on "Advanced" to the right of the search window to bring up the full page Advanced Search page.  Enter the item name, scroll down and click on the selection button for "Located in", select "China" in the window, then scroll down and click on "Search".  This will put the advertisements from Chinese suppliers at the top of the list of suppliers.  Many offer free EMS delivery, which usually takes less than two weeks.  I have never had an item held up by Chinese or Thai customs.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:25 AM, Sakeopete said:

I am not receiving some COD orders from China. If the seller uses Cainaio delivery partner I never get the item and I can't cancel it because as soon as I place the order it generates a tracking number. After waiting weeks the Tracking Package status changes to   Your package has been mark as Failed Delivery and will be returned to seller.
Kindly provide us with feedback here! Reason: Prohibited Item
Nov.03 00:00  "  This has happened to 4 orders from different sellers (ordered 3D printer parts and tools). The sellers blame Lazada and Lazada says the sellers choses the delivery partners.

I have complained to LAZADA (mentioned Cainaio's bad feedback online) but despite their polite customer service they do nothing. They advise me to refuse the package if it does someday arrive, honestly I don't like that. I often make online orders and the delivery people know me, some even by name. I hate the thought of wasting their time refusing COD shipments. I wish LAZADA would just cancel the order.

Buying from China has become a hassle because I have to ask the seller what delivery partner they use before I purchase anything. If they use LEL Express my items arrive within a week. Unfortunately many Thai sellers now ship direct from China so there isn't much choice in country anymore. I will try using Shopee more often but I like Lazada's interface better.

Rant Over

and thai post damaged new TV

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

Lazada=Aliexpress.

At Aliexpress: 3 months ago I order a camera for my drone with a value of $470.

After 1 week it looks like it was already at customs in Thailand, at least that's what the supplier tries to tell me.

Until now it still stay at customs!!

Now I have to try to get my money back....3 months waiting and nothing, think twice before you order something and have to pay in advance.

I always use COD, it is so easy to use phone banking app to pay delivery I don't see the point of pre payment. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

Ordering a controlled item is not a good idea, but then Lazada should not be selling them either.

Thai items ordered from Lazada have been quickly delivered but I have had long delays on Lazada items that turn out to be shipped from China.

I have always gotten quick delivery, and usually lower prices, with items bought from Chinese sellers on eBay. 

When you open eBay click on "Advanced" to the right of the search window to bring up the full page Advanced Search page.  Enter the item name, scroll down and click on the selection button for "Located in", select "China" in the window, then scroll down and click on "Search".  This will put the advertisements from Chinese suppliers at the top of the list of suppliers.  Many offer free EMS delivery, which usually takes less than two weeks.  I have never had an item held up by Chinese or Thai customs.

Good to know I will try that thanks.

7 hours ago, hansnl said:

Cainaio delivery partner?

Problems.

Lazada sellers use different delivery partners like Kerry, Ninja Van, Thai Post LEL Express etc. Items from China tend to use LEL Express or Cainaio. LEL Express is good I usually receive items in less than a week. The problem has been items sent by Cainaio, I haven't received any of my orders shipped through them. Finally today Lazada has cancelled all my Cainaio orders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

I checked on e-bay for the printer parts from Chinese sellers however the prices are nearly double compared to Lazada or Shopee's Chinese sellers and the shipping costs are about 3x higher.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Less choice with COD, probably more inconvenient as you have to pay on delivery 

I have yet to find an item on Lazada or Shopee that doesn't offer COD. Actually when Shopee started selling online COD was not an option it didn't take long for them to realize their mistake and it was added to their site. COD is not inconvenient at all the delivery people always have change if you pay cash. I just use my banking app on my phone it takes less than a minute to make a payment. Actually I seldom use cash now, it has always been unhygienic handling bills/coins. Now with Covid-19 I am even more careful. Any place that I can pay using my phone app I do even for small purchases.

If an item is fragile and the packaging looks damaged I refuse it. No hassle trying to get refunds using COD. 

• Thanks 2

I too have a Lazada item that is to be shipped by Cainiao. It is marked as packed but not yet shipped.  Fortunately it is a black pre-filter for my air purifier that only cost 319 baht.

There appears to be a general delay with shipping.  iHerb supplements, which are shipped through Germany by DHL, are much delayed.  Items ordered in early October are now scheduled to be delivered in December.

1 minute ago, DogNo1 said:

I too have a Lazada item that is to be shipped by Cainiao. It is marked as packed but not yet shipped.  Fortunately it is a black pre-filter for my air purifier that only cost 319 baht.

There appears to be a general delay with shipping.  iHerb supplements, which are shipped through Germany by DHL, are much delayed.  Items ordered in early October are now scheduled to be delivered in December.

You may be right however items shipped from China using LEL Express have arrived in about a week. I have two Lazada orders  at the moment one is already in Thailand ordered 7th Nov. ( RTG Mall) and the other is clearing customs it also was ordered on the 7th from a different seller (Go Walking). Both used LEL Express.

8 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

Due to China's virus the whole of the Western World's production capacity has partially shut down, leaving (as was planned) China to take up the slack and due to the massive increase in orders for goods from China they are having trouble keeping up. I have no doubt that China is increasing it production and will eventually keep up with demand. China will be spurred on by the second, third waves of the virus which is crippleing some of the Western economies, but Hey the virus was an accident and nobody blames the Chinese?

It certainly does seem quite the coincidence that China both originated and profited from the virus. Same war on a different front? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sakeopete said:

You may be right however items shipped from China using LEL Express have arrived in about a week. I have two Lazada orders  at the moment one is already in Thailand ordered 7th Nov. ( RTG Mall) and the other is clearing customs it also was ordered on the 7th from a different seller (Go Walking). Both used LEL Express.

LEL is always prompt in my experience. Items from China now seem to take 7-10 days that previously took 5. 

@Sakeopete

I ordered an oil filter from Lazada in Sept and it arrived without any problem.

I just ordered something else from lazada a few days ago and the delivery partner is LEL Express.

The delivery cost is free (yeah!) but it is from China.

Hopefully it will arrive

Edited by EricTh

I have quite a few items not arriving lately, they aren't even ever shipped. This range from China to Thailand sellers, and cheap or expensive items, like for example a 75" LED from a Thailand seller.

If it says, not enough data under the rating tabs, expect the item never to be arrive.

Contact Lazada, and they do nothing about, so I think they are just fake listings made by Lazada themselves.

Remember, Lazada is owned by Alibaba, which is the king of fake accounting, reason also why they will be banned from the US stock market soon, because they don't have a credible audit or no audits at all.

On Shopee I lately see a lot of listings that say, pre-order will ship in 14 days. That is something else to stay away from.

You will know that 15 Asian countries signed the RCEP the other day, which is actually an agreement to keep curbs on China's economic push in the region.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

It certainly does seem quite the coincidence that China both originated and profited from the virus. Same war on a different front? 

I know I will get slag for this, but my opinion is that the virus was created to kill the western economies.

Communists go over dead bodies, that should not be a secret to anyone

1 hour ago, Susco said:

I know I will get slag for this, but my opinion is that the virus was created to kill the western economies.

Communists go over dead bodies, that should not be a secret to anyone

That's possible, but in that case I think it would have been more more deadly. I think it was just the normal case of China generating and spreading zoonotic viruses from the diverse range of what they consume, as has happened for decades if not centuries.

It seems more likely that they saw the potential of the global impact and are politically astute enough to leverage it. They have the advantage of being able to almost totally control their citizenry so could minimize the impact on their own population, who they care nothing for anyway.

They have played it well and continue to do so. They just got a lucky break and took full advantage of it. There is little doubt that they are profiting by it and will continue to leverage it as far as they can. It may even provide a great opportunity to invade Taiwan when the rest of the world is distracted; I'm a bit surprised they haven't already.

2 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

It seems more likely that they saw the potential of the global impact and are politically astute enough to leverage it. They have the advantage of being able to almost totally control their citizenry so could minimize the impact on their own population, who they care nothing for anyway.

That was actually my point, but you worded it better than me.

Not claiming the virus was created with this purpose, though I still believe that the virus is some lab experiment which by accident got released, and China saw the potential very soon.

• Haha 1

Just now, Susco said:

That was actually my point, but you worded it better than me.

Not claiming the virus was created with this purpose, though I still believe that the virus is some lab experiment which by accident got released, and China saw the potential very soon.

I agree with you on that too. At one point a Chinese scientist said he had proof of origin, but somehow it fell of the media stage. I suspect he got disappeared.

In any event, this is off topic Lazada and shipping so I'll leave it at that.