Retirement visa holders largest group of foreigners to enter Thailand in October

rooster59

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

35K is hardly "paying through the nose" and the hotels are not grotty from reports I've seen...cost of living in UK and Canada compared to Thailand they would save that amount in no time...suppose if all they wanna do when here is drink beer, may as well stay where they are anyway.

My guess is anyone clamoring to get back into Thailand on Retirement are the one's that invested all their money in Thailand after retirement. With no other options.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, garyk said:

My guess is anyone clamoring to get back into Thailand on Retirement are the one's that invested all their money in Thailand after retirement. With no other options.

People have built a life there and want to get back to it in fact everyone I know that are stuck can't wait to get back. Guys on a pension are suffering in the very expensive and very cold west and of course there are those with house car GF. / wife, kids etc 

These guys will return with a healthy dose of respect for a country that many before covid despised. A long stint in the west will do that to a person 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Heard it all before fella,, "dont be sheep", "dont believe everything you read", the governments are all liars",,, blah, blah, blah,,, yawn.. Just because someone does believe the virus is serious does not mean they are plankton brains following blindly. Get yourself properly informed with facts, apply some serious thought and then decide.

I've gather info from many reputable sources,not mainstream media bunk as lazy people do. I also personally know a Doctor.Can't get more properly informed than that.

Edited by The Now Factor

I can afford to lose every satang invested. They never said I wouldn't be let in the country certainly not because of a virus. It started with visa exempts. I qualify for an O-A and can afford ASQ, and I would get another Elite if it would get me in faster but it wont. Thailand isn't hitting me in the bank-book really its covid-19!

7 hours ago, The Now Factor said:

I've gather info from many reputable sources,not mainstream media bunk as lazy people do. I also personally know a Doctor.Can't get more properly informed than that.

I think most of us know personally a doctor... Is that any scientific proof???

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

No problem, we'll survive without you.....

Surviving is about all you will be doing. 

But, I was responding to the guy saying that all people stuck out of Thailand wanted back in.. And would not know how lucky they were to be back in the LOS's.   That is BS.

Most of the folks I meet there were stuck there. Didn't have a home to go back to in their country.

Edited by garyk
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Thailand isn't hitting me in the bank-book really its covid-19!

No, it's not covid 19 that's hitting you in the bank book, it's the Thai government and their actions.

Edited by lkv

4 hours ago, lkv said:

No, it's not covid 19 that's hitting you in the bank book, it's the Thai government and their actions.

Exactly, I am amazed what guys will pay to get back into to Thailand.

Kinda curious what the price of admission will be for expats in the next few years after the pandemic is over. 

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, treetops said:
On 11/15/2020 at 10:57 AM, hangusthemonkey said:

Shame they won’t allow those with O retirement visas back in !!!

O Visa with retirement extensions and re-entry permit are now allowed in according to latest reports.

My undserstanding is that Non O retirement visa/extension holders only got the nod to get a CoE and get in the queue to re-enter Thailand about a week ago.

How can they possibly make the largest group to arrive in October when they were prohibited for at least the first couple of weeks?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, garyk said:

xactly, I am amazed what guys will pay to get back into to Thailand.

Keep in mind for those of us who "live" here full time and got stuck outside, it reduces our monthly outgoings to come back, even at a premium. Saying that, in my own case if I did not have such expenses I would not have come back until it was easier.

22 hours ago, garyk said:

Surviving is about all you will be doing. 

But, I was responding to the guy saying that all people stuck out of Thailand wanted back in.. And would not know how lucky they were to be back in the LOS's.   That is BS.

Most of the folks I meet there were stuck there. Didn't have a home to go back to in their country.

5555555 What makes you think all foreigners living in Th are losers and otherwise homeless. Maybe you should get another wider view on people living here.....

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 8:21 PM, jomtienisgood said:

Myself, and why is it different doctors have different opinions???  Now YOU tell me.....

It's b/c of conflicting data. Most people are too busy to delve into the nuts and bolts of this phenomenon.They turn on the telly news and just accept what's put out as truth ,kinda like being brainwashed in a cult. Of course they're only going to air 'experts" who reinforce their narrative.I don;t trust what they say.It would be beneficial for people to do some critical thinking for them selves. There is alternative science out there on the net by well informed people unfortunately these platforms keep getting removed.Why do you think that is..

Edited by The Now Factor
  • Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 8:38 AM, yeahbutif said:

I am in UK on a non o retirement with a re-entry permit.when this run out.i would then have to apply for an OA visa in the UK . but my 800.000 is I a fcd Thai Bank. How can I proff this ? As cant update bank book.

If you have net banking, you could print out the page on the day you are applying and show them.