Retirement visa holders largest group of foreigners to enter Thailand in October

rooster59

28 minutes ago, jimn said:

Yes they have allowed it since last week. Previously people on current retirement extensions with a re entry were only allowed back if they were married or a parent to a Thai

All this talk of O and OA visas and re-entry stuff has me completely confused, so I have looked at my passport to see exactly what I've got (probably a sign of old age).

According to the stamps in my passport I have a "NON-IMM" and sometimes written as a "NON-O" and I do have a retirement extension which I renew every year along with a re-entry permit. 

So what exactly have I got and what does that entail if I went overseas and wanted to come back?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

These people must be really desperate to come back with all the hurdles and expense, is life in their own countries truly that awful? My two best mates are stuck in the UK and Canada but they've both said they won't be returning until the quarantine period is done away with. They've both got their own property out here with loads of money in the bank, but the idea of paying through the nose to be locked in a grotty hotel room for a fortnight just so they can drink some overpriced Thai beer doesn't appeal to them.

the States suck now

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Whale said:

LOTs of O-As coming back in November, Facebook full of their stories of the application process and flights.

I wonder what Covid insurance costs them....and whether they get in without the 400/40K mandated medical insurance for non OA holders. My retirement visa is a simple Non O with a once yearly extension. I have never been asked about insurance. I was under the impression that nonO was much more common that non-OA.

4 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I wonder what Covid insurance costs them....and whether they get in without the 400/40K mandated medical insurance for non OA holders. My retirement visa is a simple Non O with a once yearly extension. I have never been asked about insurance. I was under the impression that nonO was much more common that non-OA.

My 40/400 insurance will run to 7700 baht with a 200k deductible(doubt I will ever use it unless a major thing happens), Im 68 also means my money isnt tied up in the bank all year, well at least 400k all year and the other 400 for 5 months of the year.

I can see a window of opportunity here that might allow me to get back to Thailand but could do with some advice if anyone can help me please;

I have a Non O Visa with extension of stay valid until 8-Feb-21, I also have a Multi Entry permit valid to the same date. I am currently working in Afghanistan but my plan would be to go back home to the UK and renew my passport as I only have 5 blank pages left and not sure if they would renew my extension with so few pages left (maybe someone could advise).

After applying for the COE on the website I will need to arrange the medical insurance cover, can anyone suggest an insurance company that has been successfully accepted by Thai Immigration and some idea of cost and would I only need cover for the duration of my extension i.e. end of February 2021, presumably it would not be a requirement to renew my existing extension based on retirement with a Non O?

Also, is the COE process completed and issued completely online or does it require a visit to the Thai Embassy in the UK, if it does not require a visit back to the UK and the 5 blank pages I have left in my passport would be acceptable for a renewal of my current extension of stay, then presumably I would not have to go back to the UK at all and I could could simply fly from Afghanistan to Dubai and onto Thailand? 

Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. 

Sorry if I am asking these questions in the wrong forum but I am obviously getting excited at the possibility of seeing an opening.

26 minutes ago, xylophone said:

So what exactly have I got and what does that entail if I went overseas and wanted to come back?

Extension of stay based on Non-O which means you can get back in if you leave (with reentry permit of course and your extension valid).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wayne07836 said:

I only have 5 blank pages left and not sure if they would renew my extension with so few pages left (maybe someone could advise).

Not an issue as far as I'm aware.

8 minutes ago, wayne07836 said:

After applying for the COE on the website I will need to arrange the medical insurance cover, can anyone suggest an insurance company that has been successfully accepted by Thai Immigration and some idea of cost and would I only need cover for the duration of my extension i.e. end of February 2021, presumably it would not be a requirement to renew my existing extension based on retirement with a Non O?

Have a read of this post https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1187777-covid-19-insurance-for-certificate-of-entry/?do=findComment&comment=15922391. Currently no insurance required for your renewal.

15 minutes ago, wayne07836 said:

Also, is the COE process completed and issued completely online or does it require a visit to the Thai Embassy in the UK, if it does not require a visit back to the UK and the 5 blank pages I have left in my passport would be acceptable for a renewal of my current extension of stay, then presumably I would not have to go back to the UK at all and I could could simply fly from Afghanistan to Dubai and onto Thailand? 

Online, have a read through the COE process here. No need to go back to UK with one caveat - not sure what the deal would be coming from Afghanistan to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

These people must be really desperate to come back with all the hurdles and expense, is life in their own countries truly that awful? My two best mates are stuck in the UK and Canada but they've both said they won't be returning until the quarantine period is done away with. They've both got their own property out here with loads of money in the bank, but the idea of paying through the nose to be locked in a grotty hotel room for a fortnight just so they can drink some overpriced Thai beer doesn't appeal to them.

Exactly, I want to go on an exploratory (might move there) holiday to Vietnam but I won't leave Thailand whilst the quarantine conditions are in place, I have a perfectly good enough home here where I could lockdown, why would I go and stay at an overpriced uncomfortable hotel where i would probably catch covid-19?!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, hangusthemonkey said:

Shame they won’t allow those with O retirement visas back in !!! OA only which means if you are outside Thailand with your multi entry O retirement visa you have to apply for a new one ???????????????? Yet again demonstrating exactly what this government thinks of you .

squeeze till the pips pop . What’s wrong with O retirement visa ? And why isn’t it being mentioned by Thai Visa or Richard Barrow

1605096343_instructions-coe-o-retirement---11nov2020.pdf

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not an issue as far as I'm aware.

Have a read of this post https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1187777-covid-19-insurance-for-certificate-of-entry/?do=findComment&comment=15922391. Currently no insurance required for your renewal.

Online, have a read through the COE process here. No need to go back to UK with one caveat - not sure what the deal would be coming from Afghanistan to be honest.

Salerno,

Some very good constructive advice, thank you very much, I will continue my research ????

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

+1