Car tax sticker renewal for next year, can we do it now ? Does everybody renew it at the same time ?

thepdru

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The red plates come with a book that you are supposed to fill out when you travel outside the province and when you return.

I think you are also not allowed to dive at night either.

None of this is enforced.

Correct, not enforced but.......

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The red plates come with a book that you are supposed to fill out when you travel outside the province and when you return.

I think you are also not allowed to dive at night either.

None of this is enforced.

It ‘kin is... I always update the book even if I’m driving in the province..Just fill it in pencil and change the date and time if necessary daily.

I got fined one day when driving out of the province, on holiday, during the daytime when I forgot to fill the brown book in when we left the hotel.!!!!  It was a roadblock and they were checking everyone.

6 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

It ‘kin is... I always update the book even if I’m driving in the province..Just fill it in pencil and change the date and time if necessary daily.

I got fined one day when driving out of the province, on holiday, during the daytime when I forgot to fill the brown book in when we left the hotel.!!!!  It was a roadblock and they were checking everyone.

Main Q being??? Why did you leave the hotel??? 5555

58 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Wife used to fill it out every week when we went to Bangkok. 

Ever get stopped for driving at night? I got a warning once, supposed to be emergency only. Told him my wife was hungry...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

That is because you cannot read the date in Th. Why 1000 Thb, it is calculated on the amount of days late.......

number of days doesn't make any difference, just a flat 1000 baht fine, and yes I did get a receipt, went to the DLT office and got new sticker no questions asked