Proof of House Ownership

My wife brought some Chanute land from someone a long time ago, with a house located on the land. The house was old and there was no building permit or architect plans that the sellers could provide.

Since then we have renovated the house many times, keeping original floor plan and walls and roof. It looks fresh and modern now.

My wife has also had a blue book for the house for a long time for which her name appears under the "jow bann".  

But "Contrary to what is often assumed by foreigners this document has nothing to do with ownership of a house"

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/thai-house-registration-and-resident-book

So how can my wife show she owns the house?

(Yes she owns the Chanute and has the blue book, but neither of these two documents are proof she owns the house)

I am absolutely no expert on this but my understanding is that in the absence of a lease or other document that says otherwise the Chanote covers the land and any immovable objects located thereon (which would include the house).

It may be possible to get a retrospective building-permit which would then infer ownership of the house, whether easy or even possible would depend upon your local ampur.

Is this a cover-all-bases enquiry or is there some sort of legal challenge involved?

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I am absolutely no expert on this but my understanding is that in the absence of a lease or other document that says otherwise the Chanote covers the land and any immovable objects located thereon (which would include the house).

It may be possible to get a retrospective building-permit which would then infer ownership of the house, whether easy or even possible would depend upon your local ampur.

Is this a cover-all-bases enquiry or is there some sort of legal challenge involved?

I needed to show proof to immigration, but they will most likely accept Chanute and Blue book.

But I was just interested in the answer, as it is often said that a house can have ownership that does not include the land, but this claim never seems to be backed up by the actually saying what government issued documents shows proof of ownership.

3 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

... saying what government issued documents shows proof of ownership.

My understanding is that if separate the house ownership is inferred by the name on the building permit.

You could ask the immigration question in the Thai visas and work permits forum as it's likely a question that many are being asked.