Best way to convert British Pounds to THB

I need to convert a decent amount of GBP pounds into Thai Baht.

Since the money it's already in a Thai Bank (foreign account), I was wondering if there was any quicker alternative than Transferwise.

I called Super Cheap but they only exchange cash, no TT or Travel checks. 

Is Transferwise my only option considering that local banks offers very low rates?

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Go into a bank with a debit card and get the cash. 

Done that yesterday only small amount was told cannot now rules changed, I said I been doing for 15 years can not??? SBC Siam country club branch, will go To Sai2 next week after holls.

13 hours ago, kerr17 said:

Since the money it's already in a Thai Bank (foreign account), I was wondering if there was any quicker alternative than Transferwise.

Is Transferwise my only option considering that local banks offers very low rates?

Take the money (decent amount you have to order before) in UKP cost's 1% fee. 

Then with the ca$h exchange at any exchange for the best rate. 

28 minutes ago, gwynt said:

Done that yesterday only small amount was told cannot now rules changed, I said I been doing for 15 years can not??? SBC Siam country club branch, will go To Sai2 next week after holls.

I draw 40,000 baht cash every now then at a SCB branch with my UK  debit card so not big. 

I did transfer with my FD UK bank and they said send more than £14,000 to my Thai Bkk bk A/c and you're get a better rate, maybe things have changed now. 

I have substantial amount of Baht in Bangkok Bank that I want to convert to GBP and sent to the UK, but my debit and telephone SIM have both expired and I cannot get back to Thailand or the foreseeable future.

If you can open an account with Dee money and send them funds to convert GBP and send to my Barclays UK account, I can transfer Thai baht to you. Can contact me at myaddress101 at hotmail dotcom.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:01 AM, kerr17 said:

You say "quicker than TransferWise" Yesterday I sent money from Uk to Kasikorn with TransferWise took 4 seconds. That's pretty quick!! ????????????????????????????????

11 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

You say "quicker than TransferWise" Yesterday I sent money from Uk to Kasikorn with TransferWise took 4 seconds. That's pretty quick!! ????????????????????????????????

Transferwise can be used for Thailand (GBP) to Thailand (Baht) transfer? 

Transferwise is great for GBP to THB, you fund the transfer from a UK bank account, debit card or money you have put in your own TW account.

If you transfer to Bangkok Bank, there is an option to tag the transfer as "use for retirement" which means that it shows as an International Transfer in your bank book.

Transfers to other Thai banks may show as local transfer as TW use an intermediary bank.

3 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

Transferwise is great for GBP to THB, you fund the transfer from a UK bank account, debit card or money you have put in your own TW account.

If you transfer to Bangkok Bank, there is an option to tag the transfer as "use for retirement" which means that it shows as an International Transfer in your bank book.

Transfers to other Thai banks may show as local transfer as TW use an intermediary bank.

The thread is about exchange GBP in Foreign Currency Account in Thai bank to Thai Baht ca$h. ????

@CH1961 see my post yesterday at 1019 questioning if a Thai bank foreign currency account can be linked as the sending account for TW.

I very much doubt it can be done.

I know exactly what the OP is asking, they don't want to do the "internal" conversion as their bank's rate is considerably lower than TW or SuperRich.

Not having a FC account in Thailand myself, the OP will have to ascertain if you can actually withdraw GBP cash to take it to the likes of SuperRich.

Edited by The Fat Controller
ADDED INFO
  • Like 1