Looking For A Printer For Stickers/labels

Where are you, I know someone in Pattaya. Give me some dimensions and other details and I'll ask them. How urgent etc.

Pretty simple requirement really, just a round label about 3.5cm in diameter blue with white text and the name of a website across the middle. Single colour would do. I could pick the up from Pattaya no problem.

Thanks to those of you who sent me PM's with contact details and subsequent email with quotations, I will be contacting one or more of you in a few days. I'm quiet shocked that a couple of those quotes came out over 4 times more expensive than I can get the things printed in the UK, but what do I know? I'm just a stupid farang who must have more money than sense right? Surely I wouldn't know roughly how much this should cost, ripe for a little over pricing. I guess that's business the world over though.

Edited by mac.wheeler

If you don't get sorted let me know.

As a side note, did all those PM ing the OP want to make cash out of it or are they ashamed to put their contact details here in the open with their prices so that people in the future can refer to this post ?

I don't have a printing company but I use them. I have friends who have their own printing stuff. I'm not putting their details on here as the OP didnt give out enough information.

Edited by torrenova

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this post again after so long but I am still having problems sourcing a printer for this.

Many of the quotes I have had from printers (or more correctly middlemen looking to make a quick baht or two) have been outrageous.

As an indication, I can have them printed in the UK, 100k of them, 5k per role, single colour for a total of 5k baht including VAT and delivery.

Thanks in advance.

I really think you have been given a wrong price for those stickers in England.

From the top of my head with out looking at costs the amount of paper needed to print those stickers in Australia costs me $200.00 AUS wholesale and this is only normall gloss art paper using a A2 sheet of paper (8 A4 sheets). Self Adesheve would cost twice as much or more. I cant see the difference in paper cost from England or Australia being much different. Then you have a plate charge , a die for size of sticker, ink mix, running time for printing machine, than operating costs percentage, and then there profit margin to go on top.

Generally printing on large scale is normally 30 to 40 % cheaper in Thailand than most Western countries, this is not because of the cost of raw stock such as paper paper is only minimal, but more on labour and other things. So from what I have just oulined to you the cost of the stock for what you are after alone could be what you are willing to pay if not more.

Another suggestion if you are sure that your english price is correct get them in England and have them shipped to Thailand if your time frame permits.

I also just noticed you said 5 k per roll, are you saying the whole 100,000 stickers are on one roll its a bit confusing when you say the total is 5 k. Are you confusing it with 5 k a roll but maybe there only a few thousand on a roll with multiple rolls ?

I really think you have been given a wrong price for those stickers in England.

From the top of my head with out looking at costs the amount of paper needed to print those stickers in Australia costs me $200.00 AUS wholesale and this is only normall gloss art paper using a A2 sheet of paper (8 A4 sheets). Self Adesheve would cost twice as much or more. I cant see the difference in paper cost from England or Australia being much different. Then you have a plate charge , a die for size of sticker, ink mix, running time for printing machine, than operating costs percentage, and then there profit margin to go on top.

Generally printing on large scale is normally 30 to 40 % cheaper in Thailand than most Western countries, this is not because of the cost of raw stock such as paper paper is only minimal, but more on labour and other things. So from what I have just oulined to you the cost of the stock for what you are after alone could be what you are willing to pay if not more.

Another suggestion if you are sure that your english price is correct get them in England and have them shipped to Thailand if your time frame permits.

Your assumption would be correct if these were being printed on a sheet fed litho, the post-press requirements themselves would put them way above the price I have been quoted. Fortunately they are not, this uses a reel to reel process, the reel of labels is fed into one end of the press, printed as it goes through the machine and put back onto a reel when it comes out. The stock is pre-cut with glue already applied and supplied on a reel.

I also just noticed you said 5 k per roll, are you saying the whole 100,000 stickers are on one roll its a bit confusing when you say the total is 5 k. Are you confusing it with 5 k a roll but maybe there only a few thousand on a roll with multiple rolls ?

Sorry a bit confusing the way I posted it.

Basically I have been quoted £5.85 per roll of 10000, they will be delivered in rolls of 5000 (as I asked for)

Sorry a bit confusing the way I posted it.

Basically I have been quoted £5.85 per roll of 10000, they will be delivered in rolls of 5000 (as I asked for)

Correction:

I've just had an email saying sorry, we put too many zeros on the quote, it's £5.84 per 1000 not 10000

That makes more sense, the cost of the paper is what i was trying to point out, as the way I originally read it it looked like it was 5 k for the whole job.

That's what I thought as well! Turns out it's 50k for the whole job with the corrected quote.

On a side note, why is it so difficult to get a quote for something you ask for these days?

An example is from a company in the UK, I asked for 100k 3.5mm labels, cheap stock as they will be throw aways, no need for anything fancy.

They quote me for gloss finish removable labels, which I didn't ask for!

I really thought getting a batch of labels printed would be simple but no, it's taken me hours of quotes and re-quotes to even get a quote for the actuall thing I want, not some inflated price due to the fact the person writing the quote wants to make his commision this month so upgrades a few things without asking.

• 3 weeks later...