Georgia pours cold water on Trump bid to overturn Biden win

rooster59

20 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Umm..distinct  inability to produce bona fides (of any sort) on the internet?

You..will get there eventually.

It's all over.

Why don't you answer the question regarding purging dissent, Your posts have gotten rather strange since I called you on that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Why don't you answer the question regarding purging dissent, Your posts have gotten rather strange since I called you on that.

Sorry mate..ne ol' buddy..the posts are as plain as day....

Once again a long history of internet fantasists...claiming to be Canadians,Australians and New Zealanders but (alas) singularly unable to provide any evidence of same..on this or any other forum whilst loudly proclaiming their internet conspiracy theories...is that plain enough for you?

"If you get stuck on the wire never mind..."

It's over.

• Confused 2

Tucker Carlson (you know, that guy from Fox "News") was willing to give a whole hour of his show to Trump lawyer Sidney Powell to show evidence of all the allegations of "massive voter fraud" that have been coming out of the Trump camp for almost three weeks now. She declined. You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-rudy-giuliani-sidney-powell-election-fraud

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/us/politics/Tucker-Carlson-trump.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

No you don't-in actual fact I am the ONLY person who has referred to film and books on this thread.

As I have said the era of people posing as something other than the reality on the internet will be coming to an end.

This ie evident by the stringent policies put in place on this (and many another) forum..

Goodbye,Traubert.

Who said anything about this thread?

Have a look around the forum.

Bye.

Strange.

In Belgium with it's ever changing coalition governments, no party  - from the extreme left to the extreme right, and including some very populist parties, have ever asked for a recount.

I believe the same is true for all of Europe.

US, what is happening (and not only now)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Tucker Carlson (you know, that guy from Fox "News") was willing to give a whole hour of his show to Trump lawyer Sidney Powell to show evidence of all the allegations of "massive voter fraud" that have been coming out of the Trump camp for almost three weeks now. She declined. You can't make this stuff up.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-rudy-giuliani-sidney-powell-election-fraud

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/us/politics/Tucker-Carlson-trump.html

Did you actually watch the Fox News video? Carlson totally defended all of Giuliani's BS. He only called out Powell because she didn't appear on his show. Didn't actually call her insane rant out.

43 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Once again a long history of internet fantasists...claiming to be Canadians,Australians and New Zealanders but (alas) singularly unable to provide any evidence of same..on this or any other forum whilst loudly proclaiming their internet conspiracy theories...is that plain enough for you?

It's over.

I've been on this forum since 2004, If I am playing a con for some obscure internet points, that's a real long con.

Your posts have been getting stranger and stranger and now you are using bold fonts. Talking about some weird conspiracy while accusing others of believing in conspiracies. I am not sure you can appreciate the irony. But I do.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

I've been on this forum since 2004, If I am playing a con for some obscure internet points, that's a real long con.

Your posts have been getting stranger and stranger and now you are using bold fonts. Talking about some weird conspiracy while accusing others of believing in conspiracies. I am not sure you can appreciate the irony. But I do.

You're on your own with that one. Too deep for your TVF poster. Care to explain?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, polpott said:

Did you actually watch the Fox News video? Carlson totally defended all of Giuliani's BS. He only called out Powell because she didn't appear on his show. Didn't actually call her insane rant out.

No, I never watch Faux News, it gives me the creeps and makes the fillings fall out of my teeth. But I do think it's very telling that Powell refused to appear on Tucker Carlson, a guy who has totally defended Trump and all his antics and would probably have bent over backwards to give Powell a podium to spew the Trump camp's nonsense.

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Maybe it would be wise, for the future, to issue a new law/regulation that every voting is automatically recounted twice.

Of course it will cost time, effort and money.

You took my words out of context. 

It was fair because Georgia law mandated it if no other reason. Being law it is a fair thing to asked for. 

But maybe you have a point if two entirely different methods were employed to do the count. It's called redundancy and is common in mission critical situations. With this election being so heavily contested, and partisan rancor off the scale, maybe recounts should be mandated for future national elections. 

Would you want a pacemaker that worked flawlessly 99% of the time? 

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Maybe it is time for Europe to intervene militarily in the US to restore democracy - you know, similar to the US interventions in Cuba, Chili, El Salvador, Granada, Afganistan, Irak, Vietnam, Kampuchea - of course I hope that  we Europeans will be more succesfull......

i'm certainly excited about the prospect of j. guaido recognizing the donald as legitimate ruler.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Ha!

The bold font issue has been resolved!

Now care to call any other state requiring  a recount to your satisfaction?

All of them?

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yes, Republicans should accept the result, just as Democrats did four years ago.  Trump should concede, just a Hillary Clinton did on election night in 2016. 

If Biden starts cozying up to dictators, states he trusts them more than his own intelligence services, starts steering government money to his own businesses, obstructs investigations, and does other things that Trump did, then Republicans can initiate impeachment hearings.

The hammer and sickle was a Soviet Union/Russian thing.  Trump is much closer to Russia and Putin than Biden will ever be.

The WH Press Sec pointed out the comparisons between 2016 & 2020 post election shenanigans at the end of yesterdays press briefing. The clip is well worth watching for any that haven't already seen it but I doubt if Biden supporters will enjoy it too much. 

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The WH Press Sec pointed out the comparisons between 2016 & 2020 post election shenanigans at the end of yesterdays press briefing. The clip is well worth watching for any that haven't already seen it but I doubt if Biden supporters will enjoy it too much. 

Are you referring to her claim there was no transition by the Obama administration?

9 minutes ago, evadgib said:

did she promise the outgoing regime would leave a pandemic playbook for the legitimate incoming administration?

the inexperienced team might not be up on the latest in disinfectant injections, uv-bulb insertions and reality denial.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

It's over.

Maybe as plain as day on the dark side of the moon. But here on Planet Earth, not so much.

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

You took my words out of context. 

It was fair because Georgia law mandated it if no other reason. Being law it is a fair thing to asked for. 

But maybe you have a point if two entirely different methods were employed to do the count. It's called redundancy and is common in mission critical situations. With this election being so heavily contested, and partisan rancor off the scale, maybe recounts should be mandated for future national elections. 

Would you want a pacemaker that worked flawlessly 99% of the time? 

The Georgia Law was not a recount law, it was an audit.  An audit in this case is usually a random selection of samples that would then be used to verify statistically that there were no major malfunctions etc. generally speaking with the process.  It was abused to a certain point, but I had no issue with it (though I doubt it would have been abused if the Republicans were ahead by the same number of votes - this was purely a political maneuver to try and placate Trump.... it did not work).  I did not expect the vote count to change enough for it to matter (never does).  Even if the audit turned up something it could not have changed the results -- only a recount can.   Now that the election in Georgia has been certified, Trump can (and likely will) request a recount.  BTW, States usually have a threshold at which the losing party can request a recount (paid for by taxpayers)... above that threshold some states allow for it to be requested if the party requesting puts up a bond and is responsible for paying for the recount.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

The Georgia Law was not a recount law, it was an audit.  An audit in this case is usually a random selection of samples that would then be used to verify statistically that there were no major malfunctions etc. generally speaking with the process.  It was abused to a certain point, but I had no issue with it (though I doubt it would have been abused if the Republicans were ahead by the same number of votes - this was purely a political maneuver to try and placate Trump.... it did not work).  I did not expect the vote count to change enough for it to matter (never does).  Even if the audit turned up something it could not have changed the results -- only a recount can.   Now that the election in Georgia has been certified, Trump can (and likely will) request a recount.  BTW, States usually have a threshold at which the losing party can request a recount (paid for by taxpayers)... above that threshold some states allow for it to be requested if the party requesting puts up a bond and is responsible for paying for the recount.

Wrong. This was a hand recount of every ballot.

Examine Ballot. Recite Name. Sort Into Bin. Repeat 5 Million Times.

A hand recount got underway in Georgia on Friday, with hundreds of poll workers rechecking ballots in a state that President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. won by about 14,000 votes.

By the time President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. was declared the winner of Georgia’s 16 electoral votes on Friday afternoon, hundreds of county poll workers across the state were several hours into the arduous slog of recounting nearly five million ballots by hand.

Georgia Begins Recount of Nearly 5 Million Ballots - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Wrong. This was a hand recount of every ballot.

Examine Ballot. Recite Name. Sort Into Bin. Repeat 5 Million Times.

A hand recount got underway in Georgia on Friday, with hundreds of poll workers rechecking ballots in a state that President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. won by about 14,000 votes.

By the time President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. was declared the winner of Georgia’s 16 electoral votes on Friday afternoon, hundreds of county poll workers across the state were several hours into the arduous slog of recounting nearly five million ballots by hand.

Georgia Begins Recount of Nearly 5 Million Ballots - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Newspaper headlines do not make legal processes.  It was an "risk-limiting audit".  They selected a random sample (in this case a random sample of 100% of the ballots) to verify.  A recount can change the official results, an audit can only be used to say the results were not correct. 

There, I have a headline as well (battle of the headlines)

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/statewide-audit-results-reaffirm-biden-winner-georgia/story?id=74308105