Covid fears vs Starving to death? Tourism businesses give their verdict: Open up Thailand!

webfact

1 minute ago, shady86 said:

I doubt tourists come here for foreign food. Do you get a foreign experience by paying 10x of local pricing?

i go to resturants catering to foreigners on occasion,

because most resturants dont have the dishes on the menu,

or even know what the hell i am saying when i order.

that is me that eat more chili then any thai i know,

imagine the tourists that have never seen chili on a dish,

they are normally discontent trying to eat thai food,

so the niche catering to foreigners is needed for a better experience

1 hour ago, d2b2 said:

Who stands surprised that those in the tourist industry are willing to put the lives of everyone in the kingdom in jeopardy to line their pockets? 

self interest is their only motive. I get it they are suffering, but must they inflict suffering on everyone else? 

Instead of demanding the borders flung open and everyone in the kingdom risk infection, they and the kingdom would be better served if they demanded the government to provide financial assistance until a vaccine will allow safe entry. 

their demands have a selfish and self centered ring. 

I think your first point is largely heartless nonsense but your second point is bang on.

The Thai government should be borrowing cash or using its reserves to prop up those who are in difficulty, no question about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, d2b2 said:

Who stands surprised that those in the tourist industry are willing to put the lives of everyone in the kingdom in jeopardy to line their pockets? 

self interest is their only motive. I get it they are suffering, but must they inflict suffering on everyone else? 

Instead of demanding the borders flung open and everyone in the kingdom risk infection, they and the kingdom would be better served if they demanded the government to provide financial assistance until a vaccine will allow safe entry. 

their demands have a selfish and self centered ring. 

And you really suppose the government will listen to the aforesaid demands?

Do you live in Thailand or Cuckooland?

Everybody is "self centered " when it comes to their survival.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

You need to be vaccinated.  You need to quarantine for two weeks.  The rest of the world just is not ready.  Thailand is not the center of the universe.  Other countries do not seem to be in a hurry to open up.

Again another comparison with other countries!!! 
Other countries are not at the same level as NO CASES FOR MONTHS
Something has gotta give soon . . . 

• Like 1