Female teacher assaults students with sticks "with all her might"

webfact

Female teacher assaults students with sticks "with all her might"

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

It was said to have happened at a private school in CharanSanitwong, Bangkok.

The 32 second clip - now removed - showed what the media called a "cruel teacher" hitting the hands of students sitting at desks. 

She had a large stick then exchanged this for another weapon, a T square. 

Daily News said she used all her strength to attack the children. 

There was no apparent reason for the violence. 

Netizens said it was OTT though some suggested the teacher may have had reason for her actions. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-24

• Sad 6

It is not strange, it is just a master class to the Thai children of the future ... This is how the Thai Educational System works.

I am not surprised will be a stronger student revolution in the near future

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 3:03 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Sounds very much like Mr Rees my old Tech drawing teacher from over 50 years ago, he was a <deleted> of the highest order.

I used to have a TD teacher called Rees too, in the late 60s. Wouldn't say he was a <deleted> but he was quite strict, as were many teachers in those days. 

Was it the same 'Mr. Rees' at the same school, I wonder.

Woul one of the reasons for her actions be

Born sadist?

Poor anger management skills?

Absolute inappropriate role for her?

Poor or NON professional supervision?

I would suggest that perhaps one should see what the abused children over the years may think is appropriate discipline for her, besides never teach or be near children again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartinL said:

I used to have a TD teacher called Rees too, in the late 60s. Wouldn't say he was a knut but he was quite strict, as were many teachers in those days. 

Was it the same 'Mr. Rees' at the same school, I wonder.

A school in Romford Essex perhaps ? 

1 hour ago, transam said:

Reminds me of when I was a kid....????....It seemed to be quite normal stuff back then...:whistling:

Hopefully Trans you were being slightly sarcastic, at least I hope so, what years were you a kid ? About the same as me or thereabouts, so over 50 years ago, but the fact is that in most civilised countries the teachers are forbidden to beat students, but not in Thailand, that suggests to me that Thailand is at a minimum 50 years behind civilisation probably more.

Don't misuderstand me, I agree with punishment but it has to be measured & appropriate, not ruling by fear.

• Like 1

There is never any justified 'reason' for hitting students...with a stick, or anything else.  Back in secondary school in England, I once cracked a joke in a music class and the teacher called me out.  He had a reputation for hitting students on the hands with a gym shoe.  As the shoe came down, I pulled my hand away and said, "Are you sure you want to do this? My dad will be here tomorrow." I was told to sit down...he never used the shoe again - in my time at the school anyway.

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sounds very much like Mr Rees my old Tech drawing teacher from over 50 years ago, he was a c**t of the highest order.

I had one too, Mr. Siebler, 50+ years back for 3 years P1, P2, and P3.

Kids (boys & girls) who had wrong answers to maths problems got lined up and he quickly went along the line with 2 extremely hard hits of his cane on their writing hand. This happened after every day after maths lessons. 

Kids who came late (rare) had to wait at the front of the class until they got 2 hard hits of his cane on their writing hand.

A couple of time kids (girls & boys) put their hand up to say they needed to urgently go to the toilet. His response was NO and he made them stay in their seats, even into recess or lunch time, until they peeed themselves and they had to sit there until it was end of school day.

An inter-school boys sports event (football & cricket) was coming up, the day before the sports day he lined up all the boys in his classes for 2 hard hits with his cane on both hands, and he did this just after lunch and just before end of day. His caning was so hard it broke the skin of many boys and produced blood. His claim was they had not behaved themselves therefore he should punish them so that they couldn't have the pleasure of participating in sports.

At end of class the boys he had punished ran to their sports teacher who quickly took them to the headmaster.

The police were called. A few days later there was a school assembly (all kids, all teachers, and many parents attended.

Publicly the headmaster dismissed the teacher and said he was forwarding a report to the state ed. authorities recommending that he be dismissed totally and never be employed again. The teacher was forced to personally apologize one by ne to every kid in his classes.

Several photos of  the evil teacher appeared many time in the morning and afternoon local and state newspapers. 

This caused parent outrage and the school Parents & Citizens Association demanded that there be an unannounced roster of parents sitting in on classes of all teachers. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sounds very much like Mr Rees my old Tech drawing teacher from over 50 years ago, he was a c**t of the highest order.

Haha what is it about Tech Drawing teachers? Mine was the most likely to be hurling a chalk board duster across the room at talking students......good aim too as he had plenty of practice.

I'm taking the opposite tack here, I would not be surprised if those students were quite nasty. Sorry if that bursts your bubble. Good to see that teacher instilling discipline. A lot of those students need a good wack upside the head with a T square. :thumbsup:  

Edited by LomSak27
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

He told her that if his boy was naughty, she was to use the 'weapon' on him.

Indeed. I’ve seen this stick whacking at all the schools I’ve been in. I was quite taken aback the first time I saw it. After asking around about it, I was told that in many cases it’s done with parental consent, and even encouragement.