Thai Visa Forum Conduct Committee

bendix

I had an intriguing PM this morning from a member with a grand total of 13 postings to his credit called Noctambule. He declared that he was a founding member and 'security' (sec) of the 'independent' Thaivisa Forum Conduct Committee, that he had received several complaints about my posts, that the aforementioned group had discussed it and that he would like me to resign my TV membership.

Even if i didn't resign, it was made clear that my future TV efforts would be closely scrutinised. The poor chap didnt mention what punishment further breaches of their protocols would attract.

What a laugh! A self-styled vigilante group on Thaivisa, and one who - perhaps subconciously, mispelt 'secretary' as 'security'.

Even more curious - said member Noctambule is, it turns out, banned.

I've forwarded the PM to a mod who says it's all news to him and that he'd investigate.

I'm intrigued - has anyone else incurred their wrath, or is it a treat just for me?

Edited by bendix

The member is question, Noctambule, was banned today after sending out a few spam PM's. Please report this type of abuse to me via PM or email: support[at]thaivisa.com

Thanks! :o

Cheers

George

The member is question, Noctambule, was banned today after sending out a few spam PM's. Please report this type of abuse to me via PM or email: support[at]thaivisa.com

Cheers

George

Well, he's back and calling himself Bendic (how imaginative). This in my PM this morning:

bendix, I have received yet one more complaint about your conduct

And abusive postings again we would ask you to consider resigning

You’re current Thaivisa Account; we all feel that it would be in the best interest

Of other forum members if you simply did not bother to post any further comments

of the type which you are well known for.

Committee Founder Ken Jenson

I'm being stalked. How exciting.

Cheers

George

Well, he's back and calling himself Bendic (how imaginative). This in my PM this morning:

bendix, I have received yet one more complaint about your conduct

And abusive postings again we would ask you to consider resigning

You’re current Thaivisa Account; we all feel that it would be in the best interest

Of other forum members if you simply did not bother to post any further comments

of the type which you are well known for.

Committee Founder Ken Jenson

I'm being stalked. How exciting.

Very intriguing! Please keep us informed of any more of these messages, sounds like it could become quite fun!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Dantilly,

A little civil war never hurt nobody.

If this kind of thing persists, we'll back you up Bendix. :o

PS, As founding member of the Loony Tune Brigade here on TV, I always enjoy your posts.

Well, I've heard nothing from him for weeks now so I'm guessing the Thai Visa Forum Conduct Committee has reviewed my case and decided I'm not such a bad chap after all.

Never mind. It was fun while it lasted.

Well, I've heard nothing from him for weeks now so I'm guessing the Thai Visa Forum Conduct Committee has reviewed my case and decided I'm not such a bad chap after all.

...and here I was thinking the soldiers in the streets had been deployed in anticipation of their decision. :o

...and here I was thinking the soldiers in the streets had been deployed in anticipation of their decision. :D

I think right now they are reviewing whether I should be forced to resign for quoting wiki used earlier in a thread :o