What do you like?

Meat Pie 47

I like Thai food. Pad Siew Gai, Kaow Pat Goong, Mussuman curry. I like Japanese food, curry ramen and sushi with Wasabi paste. I like Italian food, osso buco and pasta matriciana. I like pizza, but it doesn't like me. I like rum and raisin ice cream, or a creamy yoghurt.

I like Cumberland sausage, bratwurst, chorizo and boerewors. I like my Vegemite on toast in the morning, plus poached eggs on toast. I even like hamburgers and Subway sandwiches.

I like making my own stewed apple, cloves, ginger and dried mango added. I like pineapple, rock melon, mangosteen, mango and rambutan.

The currently unobtainable pinnacle of my food likes are a grass-fed Gippsland eye fillet steak, done medium. along with some King Island Blue Brie on water crackers, and a good Warby Ranges shiraz.

I don't like pumpkin. IMO it's a vegetable only fit to be fed to pigs.

• Like 2

Some people live to eat and others eat to live, and many are in the middle, and food taste is very personal from person to person and you can go on for ever discussing food, flavores and authenticity, IMO, all food that are prepared right are good eat...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Each to his own, Vietnamese food to me is bland and boring. Not sure how they can live on pho bo and spring rolls.

Even my Thai wife says Thai food good for soi dogs and land fill.

Edited by mike787
  • Haha 2

After 15 years here I eat mainly thai food when out but rarely eat it at home. I bake and cook what I desire when home and use food panda once a week for something different   given the choice it would be Indian and Italian for me. Today I'll have a salad with a few chips (fries to the colonials) and some extra mature cheddar. I had tomatoes a little grated cheddar with a piece of brown toast for breakfast. Maybe something light in the evening. That maintains my 114kg ????

I prefer French food with Cognac, Swiss food with Bourbon, Rye and Japanese, Scotch and English, Rum and Jamaican, Tequila and Mexican, Brandy and Italian, Beer and Indian, and the finest Hong Thong with my Massaman. 

I dislike Aussie food even with Fosters.

Edited by DaLa
  • Thanks 1

@Lacessit There was absolutely no need to insult his wife's cooking skills or lack thereof, I eat mainly Western food & my Mrs loves many Western dishes as well, loves to find foods from different countries and source the ingredients to practice making them, just because we live here doesn't make it obligatory to eat the food.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

@Lacessit There was absolutely no need to insult his wife's cooking skills or lack thereof, I eat mainly Western food & my Mrs loves many Western dishes as well, loves to find foods from different countries and source the ingredients to practice making them, just because we live here doesn't make it obligatory to eat the food.

I see, the poster can say Thai food is rubbish, which my Thai GF cooks very well for me, but I'm not allowed to comment on his wife's cooking skills? Double standard.

If you want to think about it, instead of jumping all over me, perhaps the Thai wife in question prefers to have her husband buying other cuisines because it saves her the trouble of having to cook herself.

When did I say it was obligatory to eat Thai food in Thailand? Go back to my first post, you'll find I've listed a number of other foods I like.

• Like 1

Thai food grows on you.

I thought like the OP when I first arrived but after a couple decades living in LOS there are lots of food I miss when i travel abroad..

..and in our bahn if it aint pet pet mak mak, it aint arroy!

6 hours ago, uncleP said:

I had tomatoes a little grated cheddar with a piece of brown toast for breakfast.

????

#1 Italian

#2 British/German/French/ et al.

#3 Japanese

#4 Indian

Edited by VocalNeal

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I see, the poster can say Thai food is rubbish, which my Thai GF cooks very well for me, but I'm not allowed to comment on his wife's cooking skills? Double standard.

If you want to think about it, instead of jumping all over me, perhaps the Thai wife in question prefers to have her husband buying other cuisines because it saves her the trouble of having to cook herself.

When did I say it was obligatory to eat Thai food in Thailand? Go back to my first post, you'll find I've listed a number of other foods I like.

Yes, I saw that you like other foods, I'm not jumping all over you at all, some of your posts are sensible & well balanced, but there was no reason to attack his wife, she is unable ( as far as I know) to defend herself on here, so a bit below the belt in my book.

There are a few Thai dishes I like, and issan sausage is not one of them, had it, along with various other delicacies that the northerners will eat that I won't touch with a 20 foot bargepole, not an attack an observation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

This is pad pat ruam ( stir-fried vegetables ) with sai ua ( Northern Thai herbal sausage ) and sweet chili sauce. My favorite Saturday evening meal.

Perhaps the problem is your Thai wife does not know how to cook Thai food.

IMG20191031223351.jpg

Yours also seem to like oil a lot..

55 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Yes, I saw that you like other foods, I'm not jumping all over you at all, some of your posts are sensible & well balanced, but there was no reason to attack his wife, she is unable ( as far as I know) to defend herself on here, so a bit below the belt in my book.

There are a few Thai dishes I like, and issan sausage is not one of them, had it, along with various other delicacies that the northerners will eat that I won't touch with a 20 foot bargepole, not an attack an observation.

Only some of my posts? so disappointing, I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

AFAIK it's not Issan sausage, it's in the Lanna region. Chiang Rai. Thais come up from Bangkok to load upon kilos of it. There's a shop near the clock tower in Chiang Rai that must cook 50 - 100 kg a day.

My GF likes frogs, having seen where they are grown I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Or the attached protein either.

I do like bamboo, with a smattering of chili. Rich in minerals, about as good a source of fibre as one can get on the planet, zero calories.

I note the poster in question has not posted again to rebut my speculation.

IMG20201017081324.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Talking about food OK? I had two choices to post this one, said international food  

excluding western food and Thai food but never mind. Just like to find out if you

guys like international food (eg Italian, Greek,German,Mexican,Chinese,Vietnamese,

Indian, and of course many others.) So I will get blasted by all farangs who live

in Thailand and they say Thai food is the best. Thai food is the most overrated 

food in the world. Even my Thai wife of 15 years, things Thai food is not the best.

But this only a opinion.

Where I live it's Thai, Thai, Thai and more Thai... no other ethnic cuisine.. not even raw ingredients in the market or supermarket to cook yourself.