Covid-19 patients sneak into Thailand, take separate flights to Don Mueang, Phitsanulok

webfact

Covid-19 patients sneak into Thailand, take separate flights to Don Mueang, Phitsanulok

By The Nation

800_d1c3191a420a5d1.jpg?v=1606891870

A 21-year-old woman, who sneaked into Thailand from Myanmar before taking a plane to Bangkok, was found to be infected with Covid-19.

The Thai woman, who visited Myanmar with a friend from November 17 to 27, crossed the natural border in Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district in the wee hours of November 28.

She and her friend, both suffering from a fever, cough and runny nose, then checked into a hotel before calling a Grab Car to Chiang Rai airport later in the day, where she took a flight to Bangkok’s Don Mueang Airport and her friend to Phitsanulok.

Reports say that she was not wearing her mask properly when travelling by taxi from the airport to her condo in Udomsuk.

She reportedly visited a clinic nearby with her boyfriend on November 29 for treatment of her symptoms, but was told to go to hospital. Her infection was detected at a private hospital in Bangna that day. Her boyfriend is deemed to be at high risk due to close contact.

Meanwhile, her friend apparently flew to Phitsanulok with plans to travel to Phichit. No data of her whereabouts was available as of press time.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398959

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-02

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

Originating with Thai people, not dirty farang or other undesirable, non Chinese, foreigners. 

Ah. but they probably caught it in Myanmar, therefore probably from a foreigner (eg a non Thai), they are only spreading their good luck (or is it bad luck) as they will get free hospital treatment in Thailand they wont in Myanmar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's time to quarantine the north.....

Apparently these characters visited "Farm Fest", a big music festival in Chiang Rai. So did a great many teenagers from Chiang Rai. They have now been told to stay at home by schools, until the 7th of December.

Teaching half empty classrooms today!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

She and her friend, both suffering from a fever, cough and runny nose, then checked into a hotel before calling a Grab Car to Chiang Rai airport later in the day, where she took a flight to Bangkok’s Don Mueang Airport and her friend to Phitsanulok.

Could someone please try to book a Grab Car from Mae Sai and let me know how they get on?  Not available to me when I try.

People have been talking about the porous border for months and this government did what, once/if this gets hold the lack of tourist will be insignificant and i assume many top brass will do a runner, but before we go on a thai bashing rant this is also happening in other countries, it is individuals who need to be shiwn the error if thete ways

As I've got family around the border areas, they tell me people have been sneaking into Thailand since this Covid out break begun, there are more holes in the border defense than a slab of Swiss cheese and even more holes in the covid virus control  across all of Thailand , how many testing labs are set, up how many people are tested every day,  have you tested the sewerage water for Covid,  are all these procedures being done or is it a guestimate guessing. 

Edited by chainarong
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Almer said:

Its here and im sure it has been for a while, but no recent deaths reported, now that is what i find strange.

Either the quantities aren't enough for mass fatalities like in other countries, or it's covered up, or Thais in general are less prone to be have co-morbidities. Or a little bit of all.