broken hip dr. in Chiangmai

rumak

as some here know i am not a big fan of antibiotics.      yes, i have used them at times,  like once or twice when i had a throat infection.    I read a very good "baby book" by a doctor  long long ago that explained how antibiotics are for bacterial infections,   but when sick with a high fever it was almost always a virus ( he explained how to go about diagnosing) .........

I followed that advice and raised a very healthy daughter who also had a few occasions when antibiotics were needed.  BUT,  most of the time not....... even though the doctors ALWAYS  prescribed them anyway (the few times i went to one)

The comments i get telling me how much stupider i am than the professionals i always expect .

I was given  35 DAYS  worth of post operative antibiotics !!   after my hip surgery.  I took for 8 days until i thought "what the heck is this all about...."     Now i am not a great fan of WHO,  but most people agree they are the "experts" .    So,  ok ,   here is what i found on page one of my search :

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+says+antibiotics+not+needed+after+surgery&rlz=1C1GCEA_enTH872TH872&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.35i39i362l8...8.234436523j0j15&sou

there are a few other  google articles in agreement........... but the long held standard "that is the way it is done"  seems to be still in the forefront .      of course i am "scared" .    who do i believe?

We are "taught" that drugs and doctors are meant to be adhered to.    Why are the WHO's  recommendations being ignored,  if that is the case ?    

On 12/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, rumak said:

also maybe not a good idea to play basketball at 70 yrs old  

no, that's fine.  will keep you living until you are 100.  gotta push it until you can't.....70 seems really good to find that limit.

at your age i'll be running, walking, and maybe swimming.  basketball?  doubt it.  

11 minutes ago, Ventenio said:
On 12/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, rumak said:

also maybe not a good idea to play basketball at 70 yrs old  

11 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

no, that's fine.  will keep you living until you are 100.  gotta push it until you can't.....70 seems really good to find that limit.

at your age i'll be running, walking, and maybe swimming.  basketball?  doubt it.  

I'm all for exercise, but I agree that competitive sports are probably not a good idea as one ages. At 74 I am still active, but my pursuits are of a more gentle nature. Walking, swimming and Qigong are my favourites.

I broke my leg 5 years ago, so I understand @rumak's situation. It's important not to get despondent. Exercise is an important healing aid, both mentally and physically, so I would encourage you to do as much as you can, without taking risks of course. Be creative. It's amazing what you can do even lying on a bed.

Good luck with the healing and take care.

13 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'm all for exercise, but I agree that competitive sports are probably not a good idea as one ages. At 74 I am still active, but my pursuits are of a more gentle nature. Walking, swimming and Qigong are my favourites.

I broke my leg 5 years ago, so I understand @rumak's situation. It's important not to get despondent. Exercise is an important healing aid, both mentally and physically, so I would encourage you to do as much as you can, without taking risks of course. Be creative. It's amazing what you can do even lying on a bed.

Good luck with the healing and take care.

Thanks for that.   I did very little basketball,  certainly not full speed.  I don't even know what hit me,  some guy just

ran into me from the side and bam !   I was down in a flash right on the hip .   I was having a fun time ,  but i agree that this will put me solely in the  walking, swimming league  from now on .   And the crutch walk for the time being

• Like 1