Thailand to remain closed to mass tourism until March, travel bubble discussions ongoing

rooster59

Just now, Kadilo said:

The thousands of Thai people that are losing their jobs might and their families who will suffer as a result. 

Any thoughts for them or too busy wallowing at the misfortune of other foreigners to give them a thought? 

We have 10 positions going at my work, seemingly impossible to fill.

Where are all these unemployed people ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Logic , since 1st 3 months we wont see a lot of improvement in the situation yet . By March -April , i hope we can see a mass vaccination really starting to get going , and by that cutting down infections in general . I expect 2nd quarter also to be hard , and situation really getting back to a more normal state in 3th-4th Q , where vaccine ratio / infection ratio should be well under control everywhere and much more vaccines would be available for anybody who wants/needs it ( i expect this be needed for travel ) .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hansnl said:

You obviously don't mind the million(s) of people that lost their means of earning money.

Disgustingly egoistic.

What has pointing out that mass tourism spoils beautiful places got to do with ego? It's plainly obvious that bus loads of package tourists and lager louts are a vile imposition. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

To bad to sad for them then, start salary is 20k a month as well as daily meals, private health insurance, a monthly work outing  and min yearly bonus of x3 salary and an additional (up to) x2 salary performance bonus.

That's not at big C, isn't it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

We have 10 positions going at my work, seemingly impossible to fill.

Where are all these unemployed people ?

These people never get off the baht bus armchair economist go to Isaan it’s thriving 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand will remain closed to the vast majority of foreign tourists until at least the second quarter of 2021.

Let's see.   The second quarter of 2021 commences on April 1.   Looking forward to TVF's annual April Fools' Day satirical news report.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sweetserenity said:

Until march? The vaccines are already being given to the western world.. Why can't they just allow vaccinated tourists to enter?

There won't be many vaccinated in the 1st quarter. In Europe, probably towards the end of next year before enough people have been vaccinated to create a national herd immunity. In the US even longer as half the nation seem to be "anti vaxers". I can understand why Thailand wants to vaccinate the majority of Thais to create a herd immunity in Thailand, rather than rely on other countries to vaccinate their own. Can't see that happening much before the end of the year either. Maybe they should concentrate on vaccinating Thais in tourist centres/Bangkok first.

• Like 1