Thailand to remain closed to mass tourism until March, travel bubble discussions ongoing

rooster59

38 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Let's hope it's a winner.......and your arms and gonads don't drop off......     

Highly unlikely your arms and gonads will drop off. Much more likely it will save you from ending up in ICU on a ventilator.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 6:36 PM, Techno Viking said:

No vaccine is 100% effective, why take the risk of allowing potentially infected people enter.

Because vaccines don't have to be anywhere near 100% effective to make it very effective on a large scale.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, runamok27 said:

Because vaccines don't have to be anywhere near 100% effective to make it very effective on a large scale.

A person who has had the vaccine can sill carry and spread the virus though and is exactly why Thailand should hard close all borders until the entire nation has been vaccinated.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Looks like Britain's going to make a shed load........ Let's hope it's a winner.......and your arms and gonads don't drop off......     The Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine is expected to be given to people across the UK from Tuesday 8 December.

Try to be positive - if it works good and well, if your gonads drop off at least it will take your mind off catching Covid 19!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

A person who has had the vaccine can sill carry and spread the virus though and is exactly why Thailand should hard close all borders until the entire nation has been vaccinated.

Another urban myth contrary to the claims of the 3 foremost vaccine producers.

10 minutes ago, polpott said:

Another urban myth contrary to the claims of the 3 foremost vaccine producers.

And yet 4 days ago Pfizer Chairman was not sure if a vaccinated person could carry and spread the virus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pfizer-chairman-not-clear-people-spread-covid-19-after-vaccine-2020-12

20 hours ago, KhaoYai said:
On 12/7/2020 at 10:19 AM, sitti said:

UK is also requiring visitors from many countries, includes Thailand, to be quarantined for 14 days. Why members here think they can one sidedly demand Thailand to open its border to them is beyond me. If Thailand is going to open its border to UK citizen under current condition, there has to be a bilateral agreement between the two nations. 

You are a bit out of date there - that changed in September - a week after my wife completed her UK quarantine.

And we all know how well THAT turned out, eh?

The end of inbound quarantine rules I mean, not your wife coming home.

29 minutes ago, polpott said:
1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

And yet 4 days ago Pfizer Chairman was not sure if a vaccinated person could carry and spread the virus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pfizer-chairman-not-clear-people-spread-covid-19-after-vaccine-2020-12

Does it say anywhere in your link that people vaccinated can still spread the virus?

Is there anything published ANYWHERE that says they can't?

7 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

How about this ?      The Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine is expected to be given to people across the UK from Tuesday 8 December.

As I said. The roll out HAS NOT STARTED YET.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, Techno Viking said:

To bad to sad for them then, start salary is 20k a month as well as daily meals, private health insurance, a monthly work outing  and min yearly bonus of x3 salary and an additional (up to) x2 salary performance bonus.

I know a couple of unemployed Thai people. Can you tell me where they can apply?

On 12/6/2020 at 3:02 PM, Techno Viking said:

We have 10 positions going at my work, seemingly impossible to fill.

Where are all these unemployed people ?

Maybe they just dont want to work for or with you?

Understandable one would think.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

No because the studies haven't been done to any depth. In the case of the AZ vaccine, its based on a vaccine that has been around for some 16 years and whos properties are well known. That genre of vaccine prevents infection to the same level as its efficacy. If you don't get infected, you can't spread it. Probably why the trials haven't focused on this aspect of the vaccine.

The same applies to the length of time that the vaccine will offer protection. This cannot be known until that time has passed however, its known that that genre of vaccines offer full protection for 1 year plus. It hasn't yet been proven beyond all doubt but neither has Einstein's Theory of Relativity. I wouldn't bet against it.

19 hours ago, Techno Viking said:
19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Can't what ?

did you read the article at all, what did the chairman say ?

The Chairman said, "...it's not clear whether people who have taken the company's coronavirus vaccine will still be able to spread the virus to other people."

Has anyone, be it scientist, doctor, or politician ever claimed that any vaccinated person will be unable to infect a unvaccinated person, regardless of the flavor of the vaccine?

Bit of a nothing burger here, no? The scientific research has ALWAYS been for an effective immunization for Covid-19 and NOT an effective prophylaxis for Covid-19. That's probably still in the pipeline (or test tube) so no need to read something into the current vaccine's development that doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, polpott said:

No because the studies haven't been done to any depth. In the case of the AZ vaccine, its based on a vaccine that has been around for some 16 years and whos properties are well known. That genre of vaccine prevents infection to the same level as its efficacy. If you don't get infected, you can't spread it. Probably why the trials haven't focused on this aspect of the vaccine.

The same applies to the length of time that the vaccine will offer protection. This cannot be known until that time has passed however, its known that that genre of vaccines offer full protection for 1 year plus. It hasn't yet been proven beyond all doubt but neither has Einstein's Theory of Relativity. I wouldn't bet against it.

Agreed.

Anything else is a straw clutch.

Where I live the Health workers got vaccinated yesterday, Several big drug chains have the go ahead to prepare for the vaccine distribution. Expected to be available to general public by late March, early April.

I am pushing 70 so I hope I can get mine early. I have cabin fever... But, not bad enough to venture out without the vaccine.

My guess is after the vaccine is available the Thai borders will open if you have been vaccinated.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shot my doctor an e-mail at the hospital where the vaccine has been delivered. 

Just responded, said I should expect it to be available to me early March... 

9 hours ago, garyk said:

Where I live the Health workers got vaccinated yesterday, Several big drug chains have the go ahead to prepare for the vaccine distribution. Expected to be available to general public by late March, early April.

I am pushing 70 so I hope I can get mine early. I have cabin fever... But, not bad enough to venture out without the vaccine.

My guess is after the vaccine is available the Thai borders will open if you have been vaccinated.

The restrictions will probably remain in place until the majority of Thais are vaccinated. 

• Like 1