Big problem - Under consideration until 7 dec 2020

Good Evening all,

Ive got a big problem on my hands - having applied for a 60 day covid extension on the 25 November - I was provided a stamp that said under consideration until 7 dec 2020. I diligently made my appointment a at MTT in thr am for the 7 december 2020, which is confirmed, and didn't think about it until ... Thursday last week when i realised it is a public holiday in Thailand on this date and the immigration office will be closed. I was told by the officer not to come earlier than that date and to make the appointment on the day  - but am now unable to make an appointment until the 10th. 

is this technically an overstay? will i be penalised etc? the booking system has identified public holidays in the past so im a little confused at this point. 

HB

14 minutes ago, Hbarnes said:

Good Evening all,

Ive got a big problem on my hands - having applied for a 60 day covid extension on the 25 November - I was provided a stamp that said under consideration until 7 dec 2020. I diligently made my appointment a at MTT in thr am for the 7 december 2020, which is confirmed, and didn't think about it until ... Thursday last week when i realised it is a public holiday in Thailand on this date and the immigration office will be closed. I was told by the officer not to come earlier than that date and to make the appointment on the day  - but am now unable to make an appointment until the 10th. 

is this technically an overstay? will i be penalised etc? the booking system has identified public holidays in the past so im a little confused at this point. 

HB

Immigration is open tomorrow like all other government offices.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Immigration is open tomorrow like all other government offices.

I thought 5 Dec was still a public holiday according to this, and tomorrow is the substitution holiday for it?

Edited by bluesofa
grammar

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

They moved the substitution day to the 11th.

The 5th is in red since it still recognized as a holiday.

OK, thanks. I wasn't aware the substitution day moved to 11th.

In the past I think it was always on the following Monday if it fell on a weekend.

I went to Khon Kaen Immigration this morning 7th December to do my 90 day report and to get my 1 year extension stamp and it open and was business as usual. The only problem was that my approval had not come through yet so I must wait for immigration to contact me.

I went to immigration and got a 60 day extension because of Covid. Just looked in my passport and it says under consideration until the 26th Nov! They didn't tell me I had to go back to get another damn stamp.

Anyone know what will happen when I do go back?

Edited by Drew3223

I received a PM about my post on this thread so I will explain what I think might be part of the problem that I have.

I was asked if it was my under consideration stamp that I posted about. 

Yes it was my under consideration that was not ready and I have to wait until I am contacted to go back. I think what the problem is, is about this business of those 25 Dec stamps that some have been given that it is where the approvals are given that they are working on the 25 Dec date. A friend also had to wait past his stamp date and he waited 3 weeks. Remember that mine is the Khon Kaen office and it is for an extension based on marriage so Khon Kaen office do not give the approval, it is done elsewhere.