Three crocodiles spotted in Nakhon Si Thammarat amid floods

webfact

Three crocodiles spotted in Nakhon Si Thammarat amid floods

By THE NATION

800_ae04bd9c5a2149d.jpg?v=1607395025

Three crocodiles were reportedly seen in Nakhon Si Thammarat during the current floods, the most severe in the province in 50 years.

According to reports, locals spotted the crocodiles when they went for fishing in a water resource behind the Tha Pair municipal office. They were estimated to be 2.5 to 3 metres long. One crocodile reportedly tried to bite a local, but he luckily survived.

Another local told reporters the reptile had been spotted on a grass field behind a rubber factory, which lies between Inkeree and Pak Poon subdistricts.

Locals said the local authority had been informed. Officials from the fisheries office have been ordered to capture the beasts.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399259

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-08

Not surprised. My ex and her family are from Pak Poon district. I used to stay there a lot and bicycle these districts. Lots of waterways and very easy to flood as the rivers come down from the mountain to the low land on route to the sea. Some 10+ years ago brother-in-law was talking about setting up a crocodile farm (for the skins and meat). I don't see what the problem is, the locals will soon have the crocs on the BBQ. Nam Jim spicy sauce at the ready!