Address certificate for driving licence

I need to get a letter from immigration about my address to renew my 5 year driving license in Bangkok. 

What form do I need? Also can I get it at the government complex bldg B.  At Changwatana? Or is it the other location that people go to do their 90day report? 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A certificate of residency is done at the Muang Thong Thani where 90 day reports are also done now.

I assume you are doing 90 day reports since they are required to apply for the certificate.

You will need this form completed, Application For Certificate Of Residency48.26 kB · 1,247 downloads

I always do 90day report online. I never have gone to this new place. 

What else will I need to get a certificate of residency from imagration? Copies of lease passport pages??? 

Edited by keithet

22 minutes ago, keithet said:

I always do 90day report online. I never have gone to this new place. 

You can apply for a certificate of residency. They will mail it to you by EMS in about 2 weeks and you pay 200 baht for the service.

Be sure you have your receipt for your latest 90 day report. It might be good to have a copy of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Can I get one of these certificates of residence if I'm on a Covid-19 extension?

Only if you were doing 90 day reports if applying in Bangkok.

Other offices do not have that requirement and might do one in your case.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a certificate of residency. They will mail it to you by EMS in about 2 weeks and you pay 200 baht for the service.

Be sure you have your receipt for your latest 90 day report. It might be good to have a copy of it.

5 years ago I used a US embassy affidavit for address. Can this still be used? 

I have a Yellow tabien Baan  and pink Thai ID card.

Will these be accepted at the DLT at Mor Chit as proof of residence to get a driving licence?

If not , I will need to get  Certificate of Residence from MTThani or my embassy, which will be a pain!!

Edited by Cuchulainn

2 hours ago, keithet said:

How long is the certificate of residency from imagration good for till used at DLT? 

Also do I need a health certificate too when renewing 5yr to 5yr? 

In Pattaya normally 30 days and you should not need a health certificate for 5year renewal to 5 year but best to check with your specific DLT

13 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Will these be accepted at the DLT at Mor Chit as proof of residence to get a driving licence?

If not , I will need to get  Certificate of Residence from MTThani or my embassy, which will be a pain!!

In theory you should be able to present yellow book etc to get an "initial" licence, the ID number then appears on your license and yellow book would be used for subsequent renewals, However, if an original license was obtained using a passport (PP No on license) and you are renewing, then a yellow book probably wouldn't be accepted (its not the original ID shown)

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

In theory you should be able to present yellow book etc to get an "initial" licence, the ID number then appears on your license and yellow book would be used for subsequent renewals, However, if an original license was obtained using a passport (PP No on license) and you are renewing, then a yellow book probably wouldn't be accepted (its not the original ID shown)

I had to renew my passport a couple of years ago. My current license that will expire next month has my old passport number on it. 

My old and new passport have a stamp from imagration transferring old to new and new from old. Will this be a problem? Or can they update the new license with current info? 

32 minutes ago, keithet said:

I had to renew my passport a couple of years ago. My current license that will expire next month has my old passport number on it. 

My old and new passport have a stamp from imagration transferring old to new and new from old. Will this be a problem? Or can they update the new license with current info? 

Just be sure to take both old and new passport and it won't be a problem. They will then put new passport number on new licence.

I had a problem at Morchit DLT in 2017 when they wouldn't renew my driving licence because it had my old passport number on it. The hard faced madam on the desk was adamant "mai dai!" unless I could show the old passport (which was 6,000 miles away). I asked her to talk to a manager and still same. I asked to speak to manager myself and explained situation. She was very helpful and agreed that an emailed copy of the old passport would be acceptable. I had a scan of the old passport on my laptop so was then OK.

Edited by soi3eddie

When I changed from my 2 year licence to my 5 year licence at Khon Kaen 2 years ago I had a run around. I originally went to immigration with the Certificate of Residency form the Ubonjoe has listed and they sent me to the Land Transport Office for me to get a letter to take back to Immigration requesting the Certificate of Residency and then back to the Land Transport Office for my licence. Khon Kaen Immigration would not give me the the Certificate of Residency without the letter from the LTD.

Edited by Russell17au

15 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

I just got my 5 yeat extension driving licence with the yellow nook  and the pink id card. 1 hr ago. They didn't want my clinic health certificate or make me do the poles test or watch the video, just color blind and break test.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, carlyai said:

I just got my 5 yeat extension driving licence with the yellow nook  and the pink id card. 1 hr ago. They didn't want my clinic health certificate or make me do the poles test or watch the video, just color blind and break test.

Did mine 3 mth ago with yellow book(rang first to check I could) no med on 5yr to 5yr still had to do all the tests and watch the vid.

7 hours ago, keithet said:

I had the same situation here in Khon Kaen. Was not a problem. They just put my new passport number on the new license.

This will be my first Thai licence. My old one expired over 10 years ago, so I will call it my first one!!

I have booked lessons at a Govt approved school (UPD) where I will do all tests (theory and practical) and will be a given a pass certificate to take to DLT at Mor Chit to receive a licence.

The question is, will the DLT at Mor Chit accept a yellow tabien baan and pink ID card as proof of address to get a brand new licence (good for 2 years). I also have 90 day and TM30 slips if need be.

I keep hearing conflicting reports!!

TiT as old Trink used to say!!

I went to renew my 2 year licence at Mahasarakham today. There was a huge queue when they opened the doors at 8:30 am. When I got to the counter, they accepted my yellow book for my address (not interested in the pink ID) and wanted two copies of the yellow book, passport info and current visa. They also wanted my medical certificate. I have separate car and motorbike licences and they did the paperwork for a two year renewal for each separately.

However, they booked me in to return to do the static tests, and watch the video, on 25 December 2020 (the earliest date available).

My licence expires on 13 December and they said I shouldn't drive between 13 - 25 December.

I guess every province will be different, but it sure is an inconvenient process.

I also renewed my Australian driver licence for 10 years last week. I did it online and it took about 15 minutes. Of course, it will be sent to my Australian address and I'll have to leave it there for the time being.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:27 PM, Cuchulainn said:

The yellow tabien baan should be sufficient. That was what I used at Mor Chit when I applied for my license in 2016. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, keithet said:

I need to get a letter from immigration about my address to renew my 5 year driving license in Bangkok. 

What form do I need? Also can I get it at the government complex bldg B.  At Changwatana? Or is it the other location that people go to do their 90day report? 

The certification from immigration can take a long time to receive. You can present an affidavit, signed ad sealed by your Consul in your embassy. That's what I do. 

On 12/9/2020 at 5:57 AM, keithet said:

How long is the certificate of residency from imagration good for till used at DLT? 

Also do I need a health certificate too when renewing 5yr to 5yr? 

I got to use one that was some month old recently... but NOT to obtain a new 5 year licence, simply to obtain a new green book.

Just renewed my driving licence. Firstly, go to MTT. They will take your details, and mail a letter to your home address within 2 weeks. Take that letter and your passport to the DLT, whereupon your licence will be issued on the same day after you have attended the standard training movie and passed the the physical test for eyesight etc. Time consuming and horribly crowded, however I managed to complete that, and earlier my 90 day report, between 8am and 4pm on the same day. If you speak at least basic Thai it will help.