Anutin dismisses rumour of epidemic, backs plan to sue illegal border crossers

snoop1130

35 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

There are reports that the illegal border crossings are happening near the border immigration checkpoint, and are visible from the checkpoint. Maybe also sue the government officials who are responsible for enforcing Thai immigration rules, regulations and law?

Of course those "illegal" crossings are very well known by everyone!How could they not be?

It is the Thai governments fault for letting these crossings be in existence,just follow the money.

Is it wrong to use an illegal crossing?Sure it is but for the sake of convenience it is and has been used for ages!

I have seen it myself,very near to the boarder.You must be very stupid to think it does not happen every where.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Why are so many foreigners here so desperately obsessed with what they perceive as the Thai people's lack of social, moral and personal responsibility?

I go out and about and every day I have to avoid the odd rude driver, deal with the infrequent grabby merchant and witness the 'down-the-nose' look from the nominal arrogant 'his-so'. However, it doesn't consume my every waking moment like it does for some of the membership here.

They can’t cope. 
Strange they actually choose to live here. Must be difficult.
Must be love.

The often repeated whataboutism.
Thailand has very low covid numbers. But, but, but what about the driving!!

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

For those that can't see beyond suckling their anti-Thai sentiments with the like-minded on TV, Malaysia, Hong Kong and South Korea are into their third wave of rising infections. Singapore and Hong Kong have shelved their plan for mutually assured travel corridors. Kuala Lumpur's lock-down has been extended to 20 December and for the first-time ever, the vaunted, world-class South Korean test-track-and trace system hasn't stopped the flooding of ER rooms that threatens the collapse of their public healthcare system.

Some here really do need to get out more, if you see what I mean.

But, but, but....

What about the driving!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaivisa Golf said:

The big problem is everyone is afraid of the 14 day quarantine either way, as they do not have the funds to pay.

As I see it, the big problem appears to be some Laotians being guilty of the same 'me first' ignorance as their Thai counterparts.

Thailand isn't about to fund quarantine facilities for foreigners, especially those who could take away jobs from so many Thai's that no longer have meaningful employment, be it in tourism, manufacturing or the service industry. Laos's problems aren't Thailand's problems.

47 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Didn’t mention you.

“Dont lie on their backs like Thais do/another job a Thai would not do.” Sounds like you have an issue with Thais. 
Most thai women are not hookers and plenty of Thais work in construction. 

Condo price is a supply and demand thing. A lot cheaper here than other countries.

Sounds like you GF and her friends are probably spreading covid, I take it they are not quarantining. People like that are the problem.

You can't read and you have an agenda. Prior to Covid they crossed back and forth, after Covid they stayed either in Myanmar or here. Dissing my GF is taking a swipe at me and it seems you have the issue not I.  Those I quoted as lying on their backs were the hookers.  The Workers are Burmese and thais do not do the laborious jobs of building the condos. Do some research next time and please learn to read.  Adios.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You can't read and you have an agenda. Prior to Covid they crossed back and forth, after Covid they stayed either in Myanmar or here. Dissing my FF is taking a swipe at me and it seems you have the issue not I.  Those I quoted as lying on their backs were the hookers.  The Workers are Burmese and thais do not do the laborious jobs of building the condos. Do some research next time and please learn to read.  Adios.

ok, got it, that is good. 

Not sure what your FF is?

I personally know Thais who have worked on building condos. 

Public Health Minister - No second outbreak of COVID-19 in Thailand

87b749e89438c9d020c031f99e8c4e7a_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, insists that COVID-19 cases in Thailand can still be traced, and this is not a second wave of the COVID-19 outbreak.

Mr. Anutin said COVID-19 has not spread extensively in the country and the situation remains under control. Health authorities found that the origin of all recent cases is Tachilek, Myanmar. The problem emerged after a group of people entered Thailand illegally, because they did not want to be quarantined for 14 days, and this was a selfish act.

The Public Health Minister has instructed relevant agencies to notify relatives of Thai people in Tachilek to report, to prevent illegal entry. After returning to Thailand legally, they are required to complete the 14-day quarantine. Disease control officials are ready to look after all Thais living near border checkpoints. Mr. Anutin also agreed with entrepreneurs who want to take legal action against illegal returnees, as they have caused damage to their businesses.

The Public Health Minister added that the Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has directed the Spokesman for the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, to provide factual information and updates on a daily basis, to correct misunderstandings

and rumors.

nnt.jpg

7 hours ago, gunderhill said:

How do you?

I didn't say I did. Just dont rule out the possibility that they have some money.

Or as was said succinctly 'a pot to p!ss in. '

Edited by Traubert

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

How about some real numbers in your media statements, instead of spin. How many are hospitalised, how many are in quarantine, where are they are distributed, how many of their contacts have been traced. How many of the contacts have been infected.Then people could assess for themselves whether what you say is valid.

I want to know how many people in Thailand have been tested and why mass populous testing is NOT being done / offered here ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Below was the TVF news alert I received in my email. Hard to pin it down as a typo, since 'auntie' and 'anutin' require different keypresses. Perhaps an autocorrect function, who knows. Still, Auntie Anutin is actually quite fitting. Auntie Anutin it is, then.

image.png.ae577241beb66afe657713691e25bf45.png

image.png.2ee42239c93f0e254009f520e04d495c.png

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, meechai said:

This is just the excuse needed

Truth is C19 has been present in Thailand since December 2019

Just note the many elderly dying in villages from "pneumonia"

My wife's good friends father is in hospital in Rayong now dying...cant breath on respirator no C19 test

Folks like to think in Dec when Chinese left all C19 flew out with them????  Keep drinking the kool aid

Truth is Thailand doesn't test...period

Tell Anutin test 500k a day then talk

C19 is 98.xxx% survivable

most go unreported

many older folks died of pneumonia in villages this year

Correct . Wife’s father has been in and out of hospital with diabetes and other problems including fever and high temp etc . Not once was he tested or asked about Covid in three hospitals he was in and neither were any patients in his ward area before he was moved to a private room . Took him two days to get in a ward as was that busy first day he arrived and he spent them in the corridor. Three of his elderly neighbours died within a week and two were pretty much perfectly ok a few days before. Wife sent me videos of the hospitals and they were rammed with people , but seemingly this is normal.

• Thanks 1

Good luck trying to get money out of people who pretty much have none , hence crossing the border to work !

Not to mention any action like this will certainly make anyone doing the same or who has done the same  certainly not come forward if they become sick with Covid symptoms as they will fear being prosecuted. 

• Like 2

Cases are now running...... They need to mitigate the reasoning of this outbreak... LOS has a NEW problem.. Cha Cha needs to worry with his high blood pressure, and his heart condition... NOW HE IS WORRIED.. Hence the reason the country has been closed for so long... It isn't about the country, it is all about the  CHA CHA  dancer....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Most of these border crossers have not got a pot to p1ss in, so probably a waste of time looking for B20 million in compensation !

mind you, these Thai girls working in Burma easily make 120k+/month, about double the money a foreign teacher gets in TH. Don't ask for proof but a friend of mine knows one of those 1G1 hotel frequent full-brass visitors (Burmese)

• Confused 1

At Asiatique right now. A few hundered people are out here right now and it will get busier as the evening goes on. I would say at least 75% not wearing masks. Just listened to a Chinese lady telling her male friend that she believes these stupid pupil not wearing masks will get Covid.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, insists that COVID-19 cases in Thailand can still be traced

Yet he say's it's under control?

How can you control something you do not have possession of?

• Like 2