Certificate of Entry rejected with a text module on health insurance. Valid Non-O retirement extension and re-entry

On 12/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, Noxi said:

Hi,
holding valid Non-O retirement extension and re-entry permit I applied for a CoE. Both are valid until end of January.
I also uploaded a certificate of my German health insurance company BDAE in English, with min coverage of USD 100,000 for Covid, in- and out-patient treatments.

I just got a text module as rejection:

Royal Thai Consulate-General, Frankfurt has rejected your registration/application.
Due to The insurance coverage of in-patient medical treatment valued 400,000 baht and out-patient valued 40,000 baht is required together with an insurance coverage of COVID-19 treatment valued 100,000 USD

What went wrong?

Insurance rejected because:
1) BDAE is not eligible?
2) Both Covid and in- out-patient treatments are certified on one single document stating min $100k?
3) In- and out-patient "only" covering min $100k instead of the much less 4k and 400k THB?

Of course I would like to ask the Frankfurt Consulate but no chance to get somebody on the phone there.

Did anybody had more luck with a BDAE certificate?
Should I buy a useless Thai insurance instead?
Or would an other wording of BDEA suffice?

Text of the insurance certificate of BDAE:

Insurance policy number: nnnnn
Insured person:  Mr X Y
Period of coverage:  from 01/01/2016 - unlimited
Type of insurance: Health insurance for long-term journeys
Tariff: EXPAT Retired
Area of application: worldwide incl. Thailand
Outpatient treatment:  100 %
Inpatient treatment:  100 %
Amount of cover: at least 100.000 USD
Insurance Company: Swiss Life Prévoyance et Santé
Contractual partner: BDAE Dienstleistungsgesellschaft mbH

Medically necessary treatments, examinations and medication in the context of a Covid-19 disease caused by the corona virus are insured cover at least 100.000 USD to unlimited. The corona test will be paid if it is on doctor's  orders and when symptoms occur.

hallo

you are in a group insurance and not directly insured thats the reason

swiss life is the re insurer (rueckversicherer),not your insurer

clearly sted on the webside

bdae is your contract partner ,.its not an insurance.if they dont forward your premium  for re insurance or stop buissenes  or the ltd (gmbh) get bursr .their is no contract

bdae is only seller agent with group contrracts. bdae is not in the list of insurers

i am insured aetna .they offer same covid but not 40k opd

for 40k opd they want nearly 20k premium year and reject too

Edited by lapamita
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Mine (US, non-O retirement) got rejected Due to: "Cognito"!!! That is exactly what the e-mail and the website both state and nothing else. They both say to refer to the other! "Cognito" isn't even a word!

Cognito is an online form building tool. Could they be using that and the error message be generated from there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, treetops said:

Cognito is an online form building tool. Could they be using that and the error message be generated from there?

Thx for that. Certainly possible and highly likely considering the source. The entire country, including all their embassies and reps, are one BIG error message. :1zgarz5:

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

To avoid the insurance and going through the non-o visa application you could apply for a single entry tourist visa and then change to a non-o visa at immigration. A 30 day visa exempt entry is even possible now but it has not appeared on the embassy website yet but you would have to apply for the 30 day extension of it to meet the 15 days remaining requirement after quarantine.

Single Entry Tourist Visa doesn't require insurance? Or am I misunderstanding something? Thx.

13 hours ago, lapamita said:

hallo

you are in a group insurance and not directly insured thats the reason

swiss life is the re insurer (rueckversicherer),not your insurer

clearly sted on the webside

bdae is your contract partner ,.its not an insurance.if they dont forward your premium  for re insurance or stop buissenes  or the ltd (gmbh) get bursr .their is no contract

bdae is only seller agent with group contrracts. bdae is not in the list of insurers

That's correct. Still they finally accepted the certificate solely signed by BDAE. (Stating the insures is Swiss Life.)