Time to move on, maybe?

Just now, Burma Bill said:

Yes, absolutely correct. No such thing as a 90 day reports, once you get your visa (1 year ER in my case), no further involvement with Immigration until next renewal. The visa also includes "multiple re-entries" printed on the visa and included in the fee. 

But there is a small issue. I heard a foreigner over 50 cannot marry there. But why would you buy when you could lease. I have seen how those pretty khmer girls desperately seek a foreigner to live with them.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/10/2020 at 12:27 AM, simon43 said:

Laos is about $650 per year for a business visa, work permit and local ID card.  No requirement to show any funds in the bank, or indeed, show anything at all except your passport.....  Actually, I have never even met an immigration or police official, except on my initial entry into the country at Nong Khai.

Although the borders are closed due to Covid, you can gain entry with your business visa, quarantine etc.  I moved here from Thailand in 2019 and am very happy here ????

I think I may have asked you before, but can you obtain a business visa and conduct business online, i.e. not in Laos? 

14 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

But there is a small issue. I heard a foreigner over 50 cannot marry there. But why would you buy when you could lease. I have seen how those pretty khmer girls desperately seek a foreigner to live with them.

Maybe there should be an exclusion clause? Something like if the over-50 foreigner has lost at least a couple of farms to a Buriram starlet in Thailand, the he gets his shot in the big rodeo?

Who's desperate here BTW?

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Prostitutes  are available in Thailand .

I can understand people coming from Europe to use Thai prostitutes , but why go from Thailand to Philippines for prostitutes ?

Sorry, I omitted to end my comment with a '?'. Now edited.

You'll need to ask them what does but I suspect they'll still defend their choice with the usual offerings that Thai slappers are older, fatter, materialistic, can't speak English, etc., etc..

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Sorry, I omitted to end my comment with a '?'. Now edited.

You'll need to ask them what does but I suspect they'll still defend their choice with the usual offerings that Thai slappers are older, fatter, materialistic, can't speak English, etc., etc..

Is the quality better in PI ?

We've had reports that its just as bad in Angeles .

I found that with PI girls, theres  always a slight guilt about Religion

Thai girls are less inhibited and enjoy it more

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

OK, you choose to live in a Country that gives the easiest visas

oh no,

i live in my country. i am just a few hrs away from bkk and pre covid there were affordable flights available. i could travel whenever i wanted to meet the " girlfrind".

On 12/10/2020 at 6:18 PM, sanuk711 said:

So you came here at 39-40 with what you thought was enough funds to last you for 27--29 years before the reduced pension kicked in....but they only lasted 10

Have you thought about a "Go-Fund" me page? ....there are some very creative people on here that could help you set it up..... maybe along the lines of Can you help--.."All my money went on Sin-Sot" or.....no one told me not to build a house on Papa's land.....etc

Anyway you must have had some fun at that age---- so you have got the memories, and whatever steps you now take--- you gave it a shot , so Good luck in the future.

Try to stay here until the weather is warmer back home

Or:

Please help: We have a very special baby buffalo. He was born with 6 legs and we have to send him to USA for a very expensive surgery.

Please help.

We only need 6,459.888 baht, all inclusive.

28 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Enjoy what? Eating somtum and spicy papaya salat?

18 hours ago, SailingHome said:

Maybe I should set the record straight...

???? I want to be in Thailand the remainder of my life

???? I am in no way broke. I simply messed up getting all 12 direct deposits and my savings dipped down because I needed surgery. My current marriage extension ends on 27 Dec so I either have to find a way to stay 4 more months (by then would have 12 direct deposits) or I have to move on. My DISABILITY pension is quite high and I live a simple life here easily adding to savings monthly.

???? Being disabled, healing from a surgery, and living in BKK, the taking of a holiday to Pattaya to use an agent for a retirement visa is not really a reasonable option, nor is going to work as a teacher or anything else.

???? My wife and I are great friends, and we can stay married or not. We have no financial ties, she travels a lot for her business, and I live alone. I plan to remarry some day and so does she.

???? Moving back to USA would give me poor quality of life IE cost, no car, no way to save money, etc. It is a starry-eyed dream to think of enjoying life there especially under COVID conditions.

My wife and I are great friends, and we can stay married or not. We have no financial ties, she travels a lot for her business, and I live alone. I plan to remarry some day and so does she.

Your wife and yourself plan to remarry some day? You marry her again or someone else. Very confusing your story.

37 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

It's impossible to give a qualitative assessment of any race or ethnicity IMHO. Far too many variables.

There's absolutely nothing 'slight' about Catholic guilt.

Anyway, one can't survive by cunnilingus alone and the Philippine national cuisine is simply shocking. Do you want fries with your adobo?

1 hour ago, lovethai123 said:

I never tried to have a long term visa. I wouldn't live in a country which constantly harass people of color and consider their own poor and marginalized citizens (isaan people) as sub-humans. 

People of color? Are you saying Thais are racist? 

ugly and handsome.jpg

52 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It's impossible to give a qualitative assessment of any race or ethnicity IMHO. Far too many variables.

There's absolutely nothing 'slight' about Catholic guilt.

Anyway, one can't survive by cunnilingus alone and the Philippine national cuisine is simply shocking. Do you want fries with your adobo?

And the Maga Bagga Tagalog. They celebrate  Christmas for a few months, which I hate. Have you heard about their "recycled chicken"? 

Their health system is as bad as their food, and that means a lot. 

Food rests from trash bins near KFC & others. Then cooked again and somehow sold.

A Canadian friend fell in love with one bg; he always sent her a lot of cash every month that she could stop working in bars.

But she never did. Does that sound familiar?  

He had no idea that she already had four kids from different guys.

When she's pregnant again ( Catholics are weird), he thought that she'd just "gained some weight."

Then she told him about the other four kids, and he still sends her the monthly allowness.

She's very ugly, and he could have had a Thai beauty after his divorce in LOS, as he speaks Thai pretty well.

Two more friends who are with a girl from the islands are the same.

A boat for the family, then a car, a house for mom and the other well known useful things. 

There's no food I like to eat.

The ones I've met in LOS were not great examples that I'd decide to live there.

2 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

I wouldn't live in a country which constantly harass people of color and consider their own poor and marginalized citizens (isaan people) as sub-humans. 

That is your horrid opinion... the Isaan people I know complain far less than you do and I have never heard or seen anyone talk of them as sub-human... other than you now. 

And your post makes no sense - do you not live here now? 

You are pretty negative - I don't think I live in the same Thailand as you do... that happens. 

4 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

That is your horrid opinion... the Isaan people I know complain far less than you do and I have never heard or seen anyone talk of them as sub-human... other than you now. 

And your post makes no sense - do you not live here now? 

You are pretty negative - I don't think I live in the same Thailand as you do... that happens. 

For decades, the ethnically and linguistically diverse people of Isan, Thailand, have been the subject of pervasive bias, often described as docile and uneducated, or as “unsophisticated peasants” who can be bought and manipulated by ambitious politicians.

https://moderndiplomacy.eu/2019/06/16/thailands-inequality-unpacking-the-myths-and-reality-of-isan/

Archived