Trump and 17 states back Texas bid to undo his election loss at Supreme Court

webfact

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm a staunch conservative who doesn't like Trump and left the GOP years ago.  William Buckley style of conservatism, not the current form (religious, gun rights, conspiracy theories, racist, etc).

You are not alone but for me it always depends on the topics:

About Immigration, freedom of movement and residence, military and (anti-) religion and education I share a lot of progressive ideas.

Not so on economy, taxes, healthcare and welfare. I do not feel well represented by the typical two blocks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IgboChief said:

This is not a helpful statement. There are great people on the left and the right side, moderate and reasonably close to the common sense. I believe, that we need all of them to have a good discussion and come to a great decision.

Trump and his team have disqualified themselves from being taken as adults, this is out of question.

And anyone supporting or enabling these clown troopers is not an accountable counterparty.

But this does not mean, that automatically anyone conservative is always wrong or anyone progressive is always right. So I see indeed some room for a justified "I do not like Trump, but ..."

I think I analyzed his sentence sufficiently to show the obvious case of doublethink. And when after his reply I asked him if he accepted the fact that all the nonsense in the courts was down to Trump I got no answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

It really qquite sad to see these aged republican politicians so terrified of losing their seats that they are willing to follow Trump over the cliff like lemmings.

The acute embarrassment that will soon come with the realization that they have been led by the nose by the crook in chief should be a sight to behold when they have to justify the stance they took.

200 million plus I believe he has raised for his retirement from the GOP ,does that mean Guillible Ordinary People by the way?

He'll probably use the money for his 2024 campaign.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Continuing this BS is what a dictator does.

:whistling:

It's legal till the electoral college decide, IMO.

Why are some on here so concerned about his court cases if he hasn't any evidence? Perhaps they fear that he still has the real deal to produce in the nick of time, and Biden's term gets snatched away?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Was that your stance in 2016 when Clinton got more popular votes? How about the fact that Biden's percentage was bigger than Obama's over Romney in 2012

my stance in 2016 was the same. rich people getting into power and controlling poor people. same old same old. 

politics is a bore really.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I think the real fear now is that  Trump is hoping  an "interpretation" by the SCOTUS will save his backside. The attempts of no evidence appeals have past already.

I think their quick pass of the PA case, replying with only one sentence, shows how they will handle this one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mr mr said:

my stance in 2016 was the same. rich people getting into power and controlling poor people. same old same old. 

politics is a bore really.

If it's all the same then why is the number of people who voted for Trump even significant? And  are they being ignored differently if it doesn't matter who gets into office? Nice try but clearly you don't believe what you just wrote.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If it's all the same then why is the number of people who voted for Trump even significant? And  are they being ignored differently if it doesn't matter who gets into office? Nice try but clearly you don't believe what you just wrote.

now you're a bore. what are you even talking about ? i said that 7 million votes more is a large number. as the world changes so should your mind. 

keep onto your left vs right sunshine i don't play. personally i would rather see a scientific totalitarian system put into place. 

Edited by mr mr
  • Confused 1