Western Governments will they send Vaccine to Embassies for Distribution

Ireland32

32 minutes ago, Stocky said:

That's totally different. The cooperation with Russia and the Sputnik V vaccine is a trial to see if there are additional benefits from giving an injection of each rather, than two shots of the same vaccine. They intend conducting a similar study in the UK with the Pfizer and Oxford vaccines, once the Oxford vaccine gets approval.

I've seen no report on that, do you have a source or is it just fake news?

never work in the UK,  the Russians are saying you have to quit drinking for a spell lol..

Below are the questions that I posted in a thread about my wife and I going to Thailand as soon as possible.  Would appreciate greatly any thoughts that you may have concerning vaccine in Thailand.

“A question please.  My wife is 62.  I am 66.  Both have Feb birthdays and 35th anniversary.  Would love to get to Thailand in February to surprise her.  Both of us believe we will have our vaccine completed by end of April, two dozes.  

We would move up our trip to Thailand if we could procure the vaccine in Thailand before the end of summer  of 2021 figuring Thailand will stay Covid free until then.

Is this a “money talks” situation where you will be able to procure the vaccine?

Or, perhaps, our age would allow us to get it?

Might changing to retirement visa move us under the line to receive vaccine?

Thanks so much.”

When the vaccine arrives,I am assuming that the the big boys and girls will be first in line.

followed by hospital staff,defence force personnel,public servants. Then maybe the vulnerable and elderly,then the average Thai people. Then I can see the government insisting on a vaccine certificate for people wanting to renew their visas. This vaccination will come with that wonderful dual pricing tag attached to it,remember we are supposed to be living here on a certain monthly income that is way above the average Thai income.

So it ain’t going to be free. As for your embassies supplying the vaccine for you,I think they are more concerned about their citizens that are on home soil. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 6:50 PM, kingdong said:

The embassies have a moral duty to their citizens in their country of postings  and will shortly be immunising its citizens.

LOL love your optimism and it this happens it certainly wont be free. You cant get the FLU vaccine which is free for certain people or on perscription at your locak British Embassy but you can get it free at your local GP in th UK.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George36 said:

Below are the questions that I posted in a thread about my wife and I going to Thailand as soon as possible.  Would appreciate greatly any thoughts that you may have concerning vaccine in Thailand.

“A question please.  My wife is 62.  I am 66.  Both have Feb birthdays and 35th anniversary.  Would love to get to Thailand in February to surprise her.  Both of us believe we will have our vaccine completed by end of April, two dozes.  

We would move up our trip to Thailand if we could procure the vaccine in Thailand before the end of summer  of 2021 figuring Thailand will stay Covid free until then.

Is this a “money talks” situation where you will be able to procure the vaccine?

Or, perhaps, our age would allow us to get it?

Might changing to retirement visa move us under the line to receive vaccine?

Thanks so much.”

Very Difficult questions to answer as a lot remains speculation at the moment.

Vaccine allegedly out in Thailand in May but no one knows if entry conditions will change. No 1 is even guaranteed the vaccine in May as its still under development.

Your assumption Thailand is covid free is exactly that an assumption. Im very sure if Thailand adopted a more vigorous testing regime they would be surprised at the results. A bit like these selcetive polls of 1000 people that are carried out and also with the more increasing threat of Thais and other local nationals illegaly crossing into Thailand.

Already been said that vaccine will be available for purchase in Private hospitals if they get their own stock.

Age and Visa probably wouldnt help you as you are and Ex pat and no reason for Thailand to vaccinate you for free.

Again all just assumption and speculation.

No one will really know unitl the vaccien is in Thailand and then what happens afterwards.

17 hours ago, George36 said:

Private hospital would be the best option, prices will vary, but even with any mark up the Oxford vaccine should still be reasonably cheap. BBC gave a likely price guide below.

_115989415_vaccine_cost_dose_2x640-nc.png

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2020 at 3:43 PM, StevieAus said:

If I was still  living in Australia I would be entitled to a free influenza vaccination every year and since I have got older a couple of others.

Since I have been in Thailand I have never been contacted by the Aus government asking if I would like them to send me one for free.

I don’t think anything will change with Covid, so I will continue doing what I have done for years, that is visiting my excellent private hospital and paying for the vaccine myself.

Australia Halts Production of Indigenous COVID-19 Vaccine

https://in.news.yahoo.com/australia-halts-production-indigenous-covid-150919456.html

I thought the pandemic was a hoax?  Lots of banana republicans are still saying that.  Why are all the trump supporters here, including the person who started this thread if I am not mistaken, interested in a vaccine if they think it's all a hoax?

Edited by shdmn

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

I thought the pandemic was a hoax?  Lots of banana republicans are still saying that.  Why are all the trump supporters here, including the person who started this thread if I am not mistaken, interested in a vaccine if they think it's all a hoax?

Probably believes the idea of the Sky Fairy as well, hedging bets

On 12/12/2020 at 7:15 AM, Letseng said:

Wouldn't matter to me. I'd be happy to pay. Just found out that those countries who placed their requirements under the EU order umbrella will not start as promised because they aren't getting anywhere near what the want AND Brussels is in no hurry to approve the vaccine.

The UK is already vaccinating their people. One plus to Brexit.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, Stocky said:

Private hospital would be the best option

My most recent seasonal flu shot here (June, 2020) at Bumrungrad was 950 THB. Doc there suggested a potential COVID vaccination protocol in June or Dec 2021.

Seasonal flu shots in the U.S. (CVS/Walgreens) ~$65 USD.

Seen references to COVID vaccine prices in the U.S. from $0 to $40 per does, so 2X for those that require two shots.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, Tony125 said:

Australia Halts Production of Indigenous COVID-19 Vaccine

There was nothing wrong with this vaccine, the problem was some bright spark chose two fragments of a protein found in HIV to act as the molecular clamps to the spike protein. The resultant vaccine not only created antibodies for Covid, but also for HIV, not a problem health wise, but certainly a problem in raising HIV false positives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

There was nothing wrong with this vaccine, the problem was some bright spark chose two fragments of a protein found in HIV to act as the molecular clamps to the spike protein. The resultant vaccine not only created antibodies for Covid, but also for HIV, not a problem health wise, but certainly a problem in raising HIV false positives.

Not sure how effective it was and certainly no good if it had everyone given it test positive for HIV infection, wasted $750 million dollars on developement.