Expats hailed! Foreigners living in Thailand called "heroes" for leading the way in Thai tourism recovery

rooster59

4 hours ago, djayz said:

Not with that attitude, no. 

I never even tried to nor I need to.  I don't need to live there. I am happy in my home country. I started going there as most people from my country visit Thailand for holidays. Fell in love and started visiting frequently. That's all. 

I agree there are many good things about thailand like natural scenic beauty and easy availability of women. But apart from that, I don't see anything so good. I come from a democratic and developing nation and we are the oldest civilization in the world. Thailand is good for holidays. But a family over there. A wife , a child, a home. No never. 

I would always be scared when my wife's brother turns as her real husband and they throw me out. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

I never even tried to nor I need to.  I don't need to live there. I am happy in my home country. I started going there as most people from my country visit Thailand for holidays. Fell in love and started visiting frequently. That's all. 

I agree there are many good things about thailand like natural scenic beauty and easy availability of women. But apart from that, I don't see anything so good. I come from a democratic and developing nation and we are the oldest civilization in the world. Thailand is good for holidays. But a family over there. A wife , a child, a home. No never. 

I would always be scared when my wife's brother turns as her real husband and they throw me out. 

Nah, it's normally the gardener that turns out to be the wife's real husband, then you're out on your backside..... a couple of million short, if you're lucky.....  Welcome to the land of pork pies...........

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2020 at 8:58 PM, djayz said:

So, do these "heroes" qualify for any of these new government initiatives or do we still have to get our Thai partner's to book hotels in their names while we pay and take a back seat? Is it now easier for us to get credit cards at Thai banks so we, too, can rack up debt? 

Probably not! 

You have to be working and earning money to get a credit card. That's pretty much the same the world over. It's nothing to do with being a foreigner.

1 hour ago, bkk_bwana said:

You have to be working and earning money to get a credit card. That's pretty much the same the world over. It's nothing to do with being a foreigner.

nah. anyone can get CC online, no need for anything, visa, master, your choice after all they're all the same <deleted>. pre-paid cards.

18 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

learn thai and it can easily go away. oh boy, do not forget to buy your gun license as well. i am not kidding, only this 2 details rise your respect by 100%.

Don't be soft, they exploit it.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:23 PM, lovethai123 said:

A Dog/Cat  has a higher status that the farang boyfriend/husband in a thai household. Many people have learnt it the hard way. 

Never can a foreigner be a member of the community.

How did you gain so much wisdom in your 3 decades or so of being on this earth ... the guys on the barstools next to you?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, A512 said:

learn thai and it can easily go away. oh boy, do not forget to buy your gun license as well. i am not kidding, only this 2 details rise your respect by 100%.

Don't be soft, they exploit it.

I would rather learn russian and try my luck with girls around russia and its neighbours

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

Have been working here precisely 11 years, but still expected to "deposit" 50k with bank (interest free) as a security measure in case I go shopping  with cc and decide to do a runner thereafter. That, I have been told to my face by the bank clerk, is because I'm a foreigner. Didn't have this issue in other countries I've lived in before (in most cases for less than 11 years). 

1 hour ago, lovethai123 said:

yes indeed. listening to sad forigners and their stories. 

Well here's a novel concept for you, how about you regale us with tales of things that actually happened to you rather than regurgitating the same old tired <deleted> cliches that bitter, twisted people twice your age tend to spout. It might improve your credibility a little.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Salerno said:

twice your age 

2.5 times actually. ????????

I have one personal incident. A girl broke my bag while I was sleep. Stole 370 USD. 

Discussed it with 2 friends. All said there is no proof she stole. Stay quiet. Forget it. Enjoy your stay in Thailand. There are a lot of girls. ????????

I think the girl who stole my money was the real loser coz that time I was looking for a long time girlfriend who could stay in her village while I am in my country and come visit me whenever I visit  Thailand. After this incident , I found the girl I am still with. She got to study, got to learn computers, got to learn English , etc. Her debts cleared. got a second hand motorbike(purchased from a farang's wife ), got some gold etc ... Basically everything I would do for a real wife. 

She is doing a small job now but at least she is far away from the " entertainment "industry. And yes I do have to support her financially.

And the girl who stole my money is still waiting for customers. 100 baht for a foot massage. 

Eventually these fallen girls seek someone who can support them. Not all of them want huge wads of cash. Some of them are happy if you can support them and love them truly. But money needs to come in regularly.

Edited by lovethai123

2 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

2.5 times actually. ????????

I have one personal incident. A girl broke my bag while I was sleep. Stole 370 USD. 

Discussed it with 2 friends. All said there is no proof she stole. Stay quiet. Forget it. Enjoy your stay in Thailand. There are a lot of girls. ????????

I think the girl who stole my money was the real loser coz that time I was looking for a long time girlfriend who could stay in her village while I am in my country and come visit me whenever I visit  Thailand. After this incident , I found the girl I am still with. She got to study, got to learn computers, got to learn English , etc. Her debts cleared. got a second hand motorbike(purchased from a farang's wife ), got some gold etc ... Basically everything I would do for a real wife. 

She is doing a small job now but at least she is far away from the " entertainment "industry. And yes I do have to support her financially.

And the girl who stole my money is still waiting for customers. 100 baht for a foot massage. 

Eventually these fallen girls seek someone who can support them. Not all of them want huge wads of cash. Some of them are happy if you can support them and love them truly. But money needs to come in regularly.

what sort of wife is that? you may be looking in the wrong hole mate. just saying. 20 years with my wife, when i broke my neck and was in bad shape and lost my work, she supported me, no questions, believe or not you merry a woman not her family, make this clear from the very beginning and don't let the guard down. stay away from the entertainment avenues, only lost souls in there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...